Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson

taz291819

Reaction score
Well said Shark, I totally agree.

Hasselbeck will always be my all-time favorite Seahawk, and would love to see him sign for a 1-day deal to retire a Seahawk. But for his sake, I wouldn't want him to be signed as a back-up. Our line isn't good enough in pass protection, he'd be killed.

And we already have a back-up QB, Michael Robinson. Yeah, he can't run from ya, but he can run through ya.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Is there any video of Mike Rob playing NFL QB, in a preseason game or anywhere, ever, NFL-wise? Just curious what he'd look like as an NFL QB.

As much as I hated TJack as a starter, I'd love to have him return as a backup to Wilson. Is Seneca Wallace even still around the league, or officially retired? He could be a good backup too, if there's anything left in the tank.

Greenhell

Reaction score
SharkHawk":3razl9tk said:
I want to see him sail off into retirement without suffering permanent injury beyond what he already has and own the NFL Network or ESPN as a broadcaster that I actually enjoy listening to and who makes me laugh out loud frequently.

I want to see him become said broadcaster and punch Marshall Faulk in his fat eye.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
RW is the best. Hands down!

Hasselbeck is a favorite, always. He's classy and I am hoping he becomes a commentator or something for the NFL one day.

Don't know about you guys, but I have a ton of respect for Tarvaris Jackson. Dudes one of my favorite Hawks, even if it was only for one year. Maybe its because I respect him as a person and player who never through his team under the bus and kept his mouth shut even though he knew he had no chance here.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Sign Hasselback and let him retire as a Seahawk. I don't think he has a role on this team. He was a good player in his day

SharkHawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":2x6tum3u said:
Is there any video of Mike Rob playing NFL QB, in a preseason game or anywhere, ever, NFL-wise? Just curious what he'd look like as an NFL QB.

As much as I hated TJack as a starter, I'd love to have him return as a backup to Wilson. Is Seneca Wallace even still around the league, or officially retired? He could be a good backup too, if there's anything left in the tank.

Robinson played a lot like David Garrard. Shorter/stocky guy that would roll and throw. I thought he'd be a very similar QB to Garrard and was surprised that SF used him as a RB. I think if Garrard's back hadn't exploded he would have been an ideal backup moving forward, but M-Rob is basically a healthy Garrard. He's got about the same build, played QB about the same way (always moving, and not afraid to run, and a real rah-rah team leader guy). So I've seen him play a ton in college and always thought they were very similar players. That's about as good of a comparo as I can give you.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see Matt retiring soon and being on TV. Probably with a show with his brother. As long as they don't include Elizabeth in it, that would be awesome.

sturg78

Reaction score
I want Matt to get an espn gig. I feel like he would do everything in his power to get us attention.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I'd like to see Matt local. He is comes across as honest and has good insights. Maybe KIRO or KJR and ESPN regional television ?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Happypuppy":lf7w1t41 said:
I'd like to see Matt local. He is comes across as honest and has good insights. Maybe KIRO or KJR and ESPN regional television ?

Yep he makes me want to buy an Acura.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
I think Hass would make a great replacement for Jimmy "Limpy" Johnson on FOX NFL Sunday.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Tarvarus over Matt? Uhm no thanks. The guy is third string on the Bills for a reason. The fricken bills. Not activated for a single game this year. I'll take a QB that can read defenses and get rid of the ball quickly over a guy that doesn't use his mobility and can't read a defense or decide where to throw the ball all day long even though he limits himself to the right side of the field only.

I don't hate Jackson but I hated him as our starter for good reason and all he did was prove me right by not even being able to earn at least the back up role on a team desperate for a good QB and a team that gave up a draft pick for him so you know they gave him a chance.

This tough moniker is fabricated. Most QB's play with worse ailments than a (torn?) peck that didn't even need surgery after all. Hasselbeck played with broken ribs and only missed one game. Look around the league and you will see it is common place for QB's to play injured but we give Jackson god status because he played through an injury that apparently wasn't near as bad as we all suspected.

I'll say Jackson was a good crash test dummy. Stood way to long in the pocket and when he did try and scramble, he would run right into defenders. Many QB's would end up on IR if they played the way he did but smart QB's don't do that. They read the defense and move the ball quickly so they don't get blasted time and time again.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2k1u2sq1 said:
Tarvarus over Matt? Uhm no thanks. The guy is third string on the Bills for a reason. The fricken bills. Not activated for a single game this year. I'll take a QB that can read defenses and get rid of the ball quickly over a guy that doesn't use his mobility and can't read a defense or decide where to throw the ball all day long even though he limits himself to the right side of the field only.

I don't hate Jackson but I hated him as our starter for good reason and all he did was prove me right by not even being able to earn at least the back up role on a team desperate for a good QB and a team that gave up a draft pick for him so you know they gave him a chance.

This tough moniker is fabricated. Most QB's play with worse ailments than a (torn?) peck that didn't even need surgery after all. Hasselbeck played with broken ribs and only missed one game. Look around the league and you will see it is common place for QB's to play injured but we give Jackson god status because he played through an injury that apparently wasn't near as bad as we all suspected.

I'll say Jackson was a good crash test dummy. Stood way to long in the pocket and when he did try and scramble, he would run right into defenders. Many QB's would end up on IR if they played the way he did but smart QB's don't do that. They read the defense and move the ball quickly so they don't get blasted time and time again.

Ok, let's say you're right. How many wins did Matt have in his last season in Seattle? How many wins did he get each of the last 2 years in Tennessee? How many wins did Tarvaris Jackson get for the Seahawks last year?

You are totally epitomizing what I'm speaking of here. You have your own set of "facts" like questioning his playing hurt and saying he really didn't essentially because he didn't need surgery. How many injuries require surgery? How many times did you Tarvaris get absolutely crushed? I saw it happen a lot. And he bounced back up every time but once. Hass would get smashed and would be day-to-day, out for weeks, etc. etc. He was constantly hurt and we were constantly having to prepare another QB for the last couple of years of his career.

So Tarvaris wasn't activated all season? Really? Hmmm.... ok. Your last point.... smart QB's don't get hurt because they get rid of the ball? Then what you're saying is that the man who you claim is so smart is not smart at all, because Matt Hasselbeck was terrible at getting rid of the ball. Think of all of the idiotic turnovers he had by flipping the ball up at the last second in his last season in Seattle. That is why he wasn't offered the multi-year deal he wanted. He did NOT take care of the football. It cost the team games. I could give specific examples if I felt like it was worth my time. You're really missing the point here and it is this... Matt is washed up. He has been for several years. Tarvaris Jackson is a good BACK-UP QB and was able to win games for the Hawks last year, the record will show it. Of course.... there will be the counterargument which can't be proven (along with everything else you say) that the team won IN SPITE of Tarvaris. I could throw back that the team won in spite of Matt his last 2 years and would have won more. He had one good game really..... the playoff game against NO. The rest of the time he looked like crap. Which shows me a lot, because the guy considered to be the best backup QB in the game (Matt Flynn before Matt Flynn) in Charlie Whitehurst couldn't even beat him out, and Tarvaris was WAY better than Charlie. So to me... Tarvaris is better than Matt and is an ideal backup.

The situation with the Bills this year has no bearing on what Tarvaris did for the Seahawks. You questioning his toughness is absolutely absurd. The team doesn't just randomly throw guys on the injury report for fun. The fact that he didn't have surgery tells you that he isn't tough. The fact that he took a beating while an offensive line learned a scheme means he isn't tough? It also means he isn't a team leader because he didn't come in and immediately replace the Bills starter this year who is making tons of cash and was the starter coming into the year and didn't get hurt? Ridiculous on all counts. Sorry.... just completely and totally ridiculous post that seems really trollific.