Harvin thread (Play nice) *To practice this week*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wee-Bey

Reaction score
The last time Percy Harvin was held out leading into an important championship run, this happened:

Wide receiver Percy Harvin, fresh off a 171-yard performance on an injured right ankle in the national championship game, suffered from a hairline fracture instead of a high ankle sprain, Florida coach Urban Meyer said Friday.

Since Harvin had six weeks to recover from an injury against Florida State, doctors told Meyer it was about the same recovery time as a high ankle sprain.

Broken ankle // 5 receptions, 49 yards, // 9 carries, 121 yards, 1 TD // Championship

Lets hope for similar results.

Hawkman80

Reaction score
I haven't read the whole thread yet, so if this has been said I apologize. Moderators you can delete my post if you think it's necessary.

When Pete Carroll decided to put Harvin in the Vikings game for the kick-off return, I had a bad feeling in my stomach. We all know what happened after the game. I was pissed at Pete for doing what he did. However, I guess I can't really blame him - things just happen, I suppose.

Whether or not he plays in the playoffs, I'm sure we can all come together as fans and root for this team to victory.

GO SEAHAWKS!

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
One question I have about this whole thing is where the hell has he been?

He's on the active roster, but I haven't seen him on the sidelines, in the locker room after games, anything. Has he even been at games? I'm sure he has, just haven't noticed him.

chris98251

Reaction score
He could have been in a box upstairs out of sight and away from the press.

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":ozvgwe7p said:
Does it actually matter? Seriously.
Is this in response to my post?

Ya, it kinda does actually. All other inactives go to the games. And from my personal experience on teams (I know, junior college baseball doesn't mean much in terms of the NFL), the team is a family, you're all ride or die for each other, so when someone isn't there for the team, you notice.

chris98251

Reaction score
ChrisB Bacon":fkmioewc said:
KCHawkGirl":fkmioewc said:

Ya, it kinda does actually. All other inactives go to the games. And from my personal experience on teams (I know, junior college baseball doesn't mean much in terms of the NFL), the team is a family, you're all ride or die for each other, so when someone isn't there for the team, you notice.

Based on all the cloak and dagger stuff with this and the fact Pete is more then aware of the local interest as well as wanting to Belichek the issue I can see where he could be out of arms reach of the media. Being in a owners or coaches box upstairs but close enough to the game to be there to support them.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Hawkman80":9yiqt6ef said:
I haven't read the whole thread yet, so if this has been said I apologize. Moderators you can delete my post if you think it's necessary.

When Pete Carroll decided to put Harvin in the Vikings game for the kick-off return, I had a bad feeling in my stomach. We all know what happened after the game. I was pissed at Pete for doing what he did. However, I guess I can't really blame him - things just happen, I suppose.

Whether or not he plays in the playoffs, I'm sure we can all come together as fans and root for this team to victory.

GO SEAHAWKS!

Why do some people keep harping on the kickoff return? The tackle he took on that play was no worse than a tackle he could have taken as a receiver. No one knows how he hurt himself. It could have been from downfield blocking or just a cumulative effect of extra physical activity.

If he plays, I fully expect him to be manning kickoff returns in the playoffs.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":2pg4sroi said:
ChrisB Bacon":2pg4sroi said:
KCHawkGirl":2pg4sroi said:

Based on all the cloak and dagger stuff with this and the fact Pete is more then aware of the local interest as well as wanting to Belichek the issue I can see where he could be out of arms reach of the media. Being in a owners or coaches box upstairs but close enough to the game to be there to support them.
Okay.....really? You're mad because he's not wasting his time standing on the sidelines.

chris98251

Reaction score
DavidSeven":6wf8odso said:
Hawkman80":6wf8odso said:

GO SEAHAWKS!

Why do some people keep harping on the kickoff return? The tackle he took on that play was no worse than a tackle he could have taken as a receiver. No one knows how he hurt himself. It could have been from downfield blocking or just a cumulative effect of extra physical activity.

If he plays, I fully expect him to be manning kickoff returns in the playoffs.

I think he got hurt on his catch to be honest, if you watch it he comes down awkwardly on his hip .

I also think that a Kick Return is much more dangerous since you have guys going full speed at you and you at them. Pete was hesitant to let him do it against Minny, and we have Baldwin and can take the 20 yd line. Sure he could break one, but those chances are smaller then him making a series of plays by his presence or allowing others to make plays becasue of his presence thru out a game as a member of the offense in my opinion.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I'll just leave this here.....

[youtube]tpX_FyUdVo0[/youtube]

Nog

Reaction score
Percy Harvin can change our entire offense and stretch defenses during PO. I don't care whether it would not be 100% or not. I want him on the field because none of our actual receiver can really get separation in a constant matter, and we definitely suffered of that during the Cards game at home.

Jac

Reaction score
I'd have to think that he is going to play. I'm sure it'll hurt badly for the reasons outlined above, but he's not facing a 16-week grind. He just has to tough it out for three games, with the stage growing exponentially bigger along the way. If he fights through the pain for three games and contributes to a championship run in a meaningful way, this "lost year" effectively disappears and he becomes a sports hero of sorts.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I'm not going to overreact about him not being on the sidelines lending support to his teammates because I suppose he doesn't have the bond that they have developed over the years by 'going to war' along side one another. Maybe he's just doing the whole 'injured high-profile signing trying to avoid the press' sort of thing, I dunno.

I'm not going to say it doesn't bother me at all though. I think it would be cool to see him at least patrol the sidelines with Sidney Rice during games, but, hey, that's just me. I waver between getting impatient and wanting to give him a clean slate with Seattle, and right now I'm leaning in the direction of 'clean slate.' That said, he strikes me as standoffish at the very least and Prima Donna at worst, though I probably don't have enough info to be sure of that call.

To the die-hard Percy fans that support him unconditionally, I get it. Most of you probably followed him since he was a Gator, but that doesn't mean you can't look at him with a critical eye sometimes, no? I really don't have a problem with the whole rehab thing because there are so many variables involved, but I do get slightly concerned when I see potential team-unity issues. Then again, I was concerned with Marshawn not showing for voluntary OTA's for that same reason, but that turned out OK :D

pmedic920

Reaction score
PryorFamily":1iqcnket said:
Watch Harvin be the Superbowl MVP. LOL.

SOOOOOOO many people here that have been the ultimate haters would be on his nuts faster than chipmonk at hempfest.

Personally I'm torn by this. On one hand I'd love to see this because it means we won and #11 made a contribution.
On the other hand the guys have done so well without #11, I'd almost hate to see him come in so late, and get that much glory.
I'd have to pull for #24 on this one.
GoHawks.

Throwdown

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":12hlz7no said:
I'm not going to overreact about him not being on the sidelines lending support to his teammates because I suppose he doesn't have the bond that they have developed over the years by 'going to war' along side one another. Maybe he's just doing the whole 'injured high-profile signing trying to avoid the press' sort of thing, I dunno.

I'm not going to say it doesn't bother me at all though. I think it would be cool to see him at least patrol the sidelines with Sidney Rice during games, but, hey, that's just me. I waver between getting impatient and wanting to give him a clean slate with Seattle, and right now I'm leaning in the direction of 'clean slate.' That said, he strikes me as standoffish at the very least and Prima Donna at worst, though I probably don't have enough info to be sure of that call.

To the die-hard Percy fans that support him unconditionally, I get it. Most of you probably followed him since he was a Gator, but that doesn't mean you can't look at him with a critical eye sometimes, no? I really don't have a problem with the whole rehab thing because there are so many variables involved, but I do get slightly concerned when I see potential team-unity issues. Then again, I was concerned with Marshawn not showing for voluntary OTA's for that same reason, but that turned out OK :D

I don't know what it is, I just have a hard time believing the dude is purposely not playing and out here throwing bands at strippers and eating at Benni Hanna's every night, comes home and feeds his 5 $2500 pet Hawaiin Dragon Moray Eels and laughs at a picture of Pete with the words "sucka" written on it.

If people want to get on him about his past transgressions, I guess thats fair whatever, do you. But if you don't have a shred of proof of whats happening here? I got an issue with that. It also pisses me off when certain "fans" hate on a player for being hurt, just because of how much the player makes. How horrible is your life to feel that way? And how petty do you have to be? Its a ridiculous stance.

But for me ultimately? this regime has done NOTHING to make me question them or their personnel decisions, and it will continue until I see a trend that concerns me. They haven't steered us wrong once, and I don't see that happening any time soon, if they say Percy is dealing with pain that's keeping him out? then by God I believe that pain is something serious, specially when he's working with a whole new hip practically.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
According to Blount on ESPN, Harvin had a workout with Russell on Monday and he looked amazing so they kept him off the IR.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
pmedic920":120ilch2 said:
PryorFamily":120ilch2 said:
Watch Harvin be the Superbowl MVP. LOL.

SOOOOOOO many people here that have been the ultimate haters would be on his nuts faster than chipmonk at hempfest.

Personally I'm torn by this. On one hand I'd love to see this because it means we won and #11 made a contribution.
On the other hand the guys have done so well without #11, I'd almost hate to see him come in so late, and get that much glory.
I'd have to pull for #24 on this one.
GoHawks.

I would personally love to see the entire team just destroy whoever they play 35-0 and them have a hard time deciding between Lynch's 130 yds and 2 TD, Wilson's 300 yds and 3 TD, Harvins 100 yds and 1 TD and Shermans 2 picks. Either way I just want them to finally win a title.

Throwdown

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":3ankeucs said:
According to Blount on ESPN, Harvin had a workout with Russell on Monday and he looked amazing so they kept him off the IR.

2gv0zk5

Status
Not open for further replies.