HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! (Rams All In on Bradford...Again)

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Several things here....

This Playmaker guy (the original poster of this thread), used to be a Rams fan. Back in the day, he was so passionate about Suh that when the Rams elected to go with Bradford, I think it messed up his psyche. He spent YEARS afterward on realramsfans.com outlining why Bradford sucked, never admitting he could do anything well at all.

Now that that is out of the way.....why would anyone ever listen to what a coach or GM has to say this time of year??? We'll see what happens, but as others have pointed out, what other choice do we have?? It's plausible that we spend a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a QB, but no guarantee that they will be the starter come week 1.

Not every Rams fan loves Bradford....I used to be a huge defender of his, and I'm done. Most people are now done with him, but resigned to the fact that he's the best option next year.

Finally, just my gut feeling, but I'd be willing to bet almost anything that there will be someone in camp that will be legit competition for Bradford. Whether it's a trade or a rookie.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3m280qp6 said:
RedAlice":3m280qp6 said:
What sucks is that any Rams fan has to make a position on Bradford at all.

Blows my mind the way he's loved. It's almost 100% STL fans who love him. I find it weird.

And this is a PUBLIC statement that can be read and noted by all in the NFL board universe.

I think Rams fans are just holding out hope that he can stay healthy for a year, because when Bradford has been healthy he's a decent QB...........and certainly 5 times better than the dreck Fisher's been putting under center lately.

You know how it is when you're losing, every backup or player hurt is the player that'll catapult you into 1st place. So the love for Bradford from Rams fans is just blind hope in disguise.

Well, probably not first place, but any NFL team is obviously going to be better with their starting QB. If we played well enough at times to beat Seattle, Denver, San Francisco, Indianapolis over the past two years with a backup, wouldn't you feel optimistic about getting the starter back??

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3bgz8vvp said:
Sgt. Largent":3bgz8vvp said:
RedAlice":3bgz8vvp said:
What sucks is that any Rams fan has to make a position on Bradford at all.

Blows my mind the way he's loved. It's almost 100% STL fans who love him. I find it weird.

And this is a PUBLIC statement that can be read and noted by all in the NFL board universe.

I think Rams fans are just holding out hope that he can stay healthy for a year, because when Bradford has been healthy he's a decent QB...........and certainly 5 times better than the dreck Fisher's been putting under center lately.

You know how it is when you're losing, every backup or player hurt is the player that'll catapult you into 1st place. So the love for Bradford from Rams fans is just blind hope in disguise.

Well, probably not first place, but any NFL team is obviously going to be better with their starting QB. If we played well enough at times to beat Seattle, Denver, San Francisco, Indianapolis over the past two years with a backup, wouldn't you feel optimistic about getting the starter back??

Sure, but not for a 16.5M cap hit.

Personally I think the Rams made one of the biggest draft bungles of all time not using one or two of their bajillion 1st round draft picks over the past 3-4 years on a QB. That's the REAL reason you're having to pay Bradford instead of having the luxury of cutting him cause you drafted a top QB.

Threedee

Reaction score
Vetamur":18pi7qk3 said:
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-discussion/2015/2/18/8064169/sam-bradford-trade-rumors-buffalo-bills-ej-manuel
Bradford wants out.
WTF does he expect? He's the reason for the Ram's struggles! They don't have an elite WR, but they have everything else he needs, and he can't deliver his end because he keeps getting wrecked.

Happy

Reaction score
the rams have paid that guy over 61 million dollars to play in 49 games, throw 59 td's, and amass a career passer rating of 79.3.

they gotta be out of their damn minds to fork out 16 million for another year of that. wtf?!?

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
It's not Sam's ability that I question, its his health. You guys can point at the stats all day but I and you know the Rams roster was terrible even three year s ago. They've come a long way with their defense and ST's. Throw in a durable Bradford to the equation and they have a very competitive roster. I don't see anybody throwing ARZ under the bus for sticking with an aging Palmer.

And if they can beat SEA with Austin Davis, look out if Bradford can stay healthy (Of which is the truly scary part.) I will agree there is no other option though. Certainly need a better back up because Hill sucks.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2goubxuj said:
HansGruber":2goubxuj said:
LA was passionate about football, so moving a team back would be great for the NFL. I don't even understand why the NFL would try to block that move and an pretty sure the owners will back it once it goes to vote. If Kroenke builds that stadium in Inglewood, consider it done.

lolwut. LA has never been passionate about football. LA is an awful sports town.. they only support the teams who are winning.

If they were "passionate" about football they'd have never lost 1 NFL team.. much less TWO of them (won't count the LA Chargers in 1960).
2 MLB teams that are very well supported (Dodgers were first in attendance last year, the Angels 5th)
2 NBA teams, including one that is NBA royalty
2 NHL teams that are well supported, especially given the lack of hockey culture in Southern California
1 MLS team that is among the best attended in the league
2 major NCAAFB teams that draw 60k+ a game

THAT'S your definition of an awful sports town? I really doubt the NFL shares your assessment.

chris98251

Reaction score
The problem the L.A. fans had was with Georgia Frontiere, not the Rams, the fans supported the hell out of Carroll Rosenbloom. The Raiders, everyone knew he was using L.A. to get his lawsuit against the NFL.

OP
OP
P

Playmaker21

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2ylek9u9 said:
Several things here....

This Playmaker guy (the original poster of this thread), used to be a Rams fan. Back in the day, he was so passionate about Suh that when the Rams elected to go with Bradford, I think it messed up his psyche. He spent YEARS afterward on realramsfans.com outlining why Bradford sucked, never admitting he could do anything well at all.

Now that that is out of the way.....why would anyone ever listen to what a coach or GM has to say this time of year??? We'll see what happens, but as others have pointed out, what other choice do we have?? It's plausible that we spend a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a QB, but no guarantee that they will be the starter come week 1.

Not every Rams fan loves Bradford....I used to be a huge defender of his, and I'm done. Most people are now done with him, but resigned to the fact that he's the best option next year.

Finally, just my gut feeling, but I'd be willing to bet almost anything that there will be someone in camp that will be legit competition for Bradford. Whether it's a trade or a rookie.

So I wanted Ndamukong Suh. A multiple time All Pro and Pro Bowler. One of, if not the best player at his position, in the NFL. Over a guy that ain't done squat.

And you are questioning me about "psyche"? I should be questioning you about eye sight and comprehension skills. :domotwak:

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Playmaker21":271y3d73 said:
Ramfan128":271y3d73 said:
Several things here....

So I wanted Ndamukong Suh. A multiple time All Pro and Pro Bowler. One of, if not the best player at his position, in the NFL. Over a guy that ain't done squat.

And you are questioning me about "psyche"? I should be questioning you about eye sight and comprehension skills. :domotwak:

Sorry, that was a bit harsh. Bradford was still the right choice there at the time. Suh probably won't be with the Lions next year, and it's due to how much money he will command. I think it's safe to assume it would have played out the same way had the Rams drafted him. What has he helped the Lions to?? Two playoff appearances, no wins, and only once since he's been there has their defense been top 5. Is he a better player than Bradford? Of course. In hindsight should he have been the number 1 pick? Maybe....I'd rather have McCoy once you factor in the boneheaded penalties.

You don't pass on a franchise QB, and by all accounts, that's what Bradford was going to be. It's easy to look after the fact and say we should have done something different.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Happy":26tx4gsp said:
the rams have paid that guy over 61 million dollars to play in 49 games, throw 59 td's, and amass a career passer rating of 79.3.

they gotta be out of their damn minds to fork out 16 million for another year of that. wtf?!?

In principle, I agree with you. But what would you have them do? There's no guarantee of trading or even drafting a better QB. So what would you do?

If you cut him, he likely signs with someone else. I was (am) hoping that he plays this year for $2 million, as a thank you to the Rams for giving him $60 million for almost nothing.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3d8nvs4b said:
Happy":3d8nvs4b said:

In principle, I agree with you. But what would you have them do? There's no guarantee of trading or even drafting a better QB. So what would you do?

If you cut him, he likely signs with someone else. I was (am) hoping that he plays this year for $2 million, as a thank you to the Rams for giving him $60 million for almost nothing.
I couldn't tell you what they should do in reality. But I can tell you he was the major reason why there is a rookie wage scale now.

Happy

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2wg2tbix said:
Happy":2wg2tbix said:

restructure or cut, if cut, pick up a bridge qb for 5/year while you work out who the qbotf is gonna be. that's what the Seahawks did with hass/tjack and it worked out pretty well.

if someone picks up him great, then the team only has to make up the difference. where the team would get boned is if no one wanted him, then they'd have to eat almost 13 million dollars. but they could at least use the roster spot on a qb who's healthy.

what a horrible contract. yikes.

Rat

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":394fcwid said:
Ramfan128":394fcwid said:
Happy":394fcwid said:

I couldn't tell you what they should do in reality. But I can tell you he was the major reason why there is a rookie wage scale now.

I don't believe Bradford had anything to do with it. He was the last one to REALLY cash in on the old system, but it had been a problem for a long time. I think teams even went into that draft knowing it would be the last year of it (can't remember for sure). Regardless, he hadn't proved himself to be unworthy of a large salary yet when the system was changed.

Latest posts