GU basketball 2022-2023 season

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Played much better in the second half. Zag guard play was terrible first half. Defense much better in the second.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Great game TCU was a tough out. I can’t figure out why they put the Zags and UCLA in the same bracket every year. I feel like they do it on purpose trying to create a rivalry

Crizilla

Reaction score
All I know is if UCLA doesn't take care of business this time it will just continue to prove how far pac 12 basketball has fallen. They've lost to Gonzaga 4 out of the last 5 times in the tourney when they've played each other. Zags with limited guard play this year can't actually beat yet another blueblood....can they? Mark Few becomes just the 3rd coach ever to reach 8 straight Sweet 16's.

Ruminator

Reaction score
GU was stuck at just 9 on the board for an extended stretch early, and it got me thinking this could be their lowest scoring game all season. Nice waking up this morning to see they somehow managed 84 and a win.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Zags have a real shot at a title even though they don't have their best team. Strawther is hot, Timme will likely take a back seat pretty soon and this team is crazy efficient in the second half. As long as they don't get run out of the building in the first half of a game they are in serious danger of winning it all.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Guard play was once again terrible. then Few played Malachi Smith and Sallis and we played so much better defensively and offensively. Nolan Hickman and Rasir are not the answer at guard. Also the refs sure swallowed their whistles in the first half. At one point a UCLA player literally left his feet and landed on Watson and no call. They REFUSED to call a foul on UCLA that first half.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Guard play was once again terrible. then Few played Malachi Smith and Sallis and we played so much better defensively and offensively. Nolan Hickman and Rasir are not the answer at guard. Also the refs sure swallowed their whistles in the first half. At one point a UCLA player literally left his feet and landed on Watson and no call. They REFUSED to call a foul on UCLA that first half.
Malachi Smith is 6th man of the year in college basketball. They need to clamp down on Saturday against UConn they’ve been on a roll

pmedic920

Reaction score
#HolyCatfish

I lost hope, stopped paying much attention and was doing a few basic chores around the house.

I heard “honey” 3-4 times but ignored due to my depression over the Bulldogs dismissal appearance vs UCLA.

My wife was trying to let me know that the Zags were beginning to claw their way back into the game, I really didn’t want to look but did in spite having little hope and already started morning the ass whooping.

Y’all know the rest of the story.

HolyCatfish
That’s back to back games where the Bulldogs showed great resilience and a never give up attitude.

Great Job boys, and 💯 % kudos to Coach Few for keeping their head’s focused.

“Wow” how bout them Gonzaga Bulldogs

“Naismith”
IMHO, it’s crazy that he wasn’t a finalist this year.

Last edited:

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Imagine hiring Lorenzo Romar over Mark Few. UDUB could’ve been a blue blood in basketball by now

Latest posts