Greetings from a converted fan!

fsmassey

Reaction score
:2: Hello Seahawks fans. I'll keep this post as brief, seeing as we're in the middle of a huge game against the Redskins.

I come from a lineage of casual 49er fans, and for all intents and purposes this is only my second season as a real football fan (following games, fan bases, players, etc.). While I found that I love the Niners players, the fan-base seems to be riddled with people who will never be satisfied or content with what their team is doing.

Over the course of the season I was progressively drawn more and more to the Seahawks organization, the more I found out about the Seahawks, the more they seemed to fit with what I like in a football team. Specifically, what attracted me here is as follows, in order:

1- Marshawn Lynch. My favorite player at my favorite position. Nobody runs with more heart than this guy. He's an absolute spectacle to watch him at work.

2- The uniforms/Team colors. These are clearly the most sheik and sexy colors in the NFL, hands down.

3- Great home stadium. It's simply awe-inspiring that a fan-base and stadium can be such a factor in a professional game. I hope that I see many games at Century Link field in my lifetime.

4- Young, growing team for a young fan like myself.

5- Fanbase. (Let me try to not sound like a suck up here). As a general whole, the 12th man seems to be much more rational, classy, and respectful than many other football teams' fan-bases. The significance of who you associate with in your hobbies and interests cannot be understated, and I'd much rather surround myself with a fan-base like the Seahawks as opposed to the fan-base of the Niners. This was the determining factor for me in fully converting to a Seahawks fan.

There are more reasons I could go on and on with, but in good taste I think I'll spare everyone my life story. With that said, the Niners will remain in my heart as my second favorite team. The Seahawks are now my number 1.

Go 'Hawks. Lets get this win and take it all the way to New Orleans.

nategreat

Reaction score
Hey, nice to have ya! You're right, we're in the middle of a big playoff game, so it's a great time to be a Seahawks fan!

Anyways, I don't know if it's your thing, but you might like watching The Real Rob Report, a video series that our fullback, Michael Robinson puts together every week. Takes you into the locker room and behind the scenes, and really might draw you in even more.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RealRobReport?feature=watch

Alright, back to the game- welcome aboard my friend :thirishdrinkers:

rlkats

Reaction score
:How long were you a niner fan 1-2 years just wondering. I like what the hawks are doing but im a niner fan for life.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Good choice. This is a fun team to watch play and root for. Young and getting better.

OP
OP
fsmassey

fsmassey

Reaction score
rlkats":1vbdt2vj said:
:How long were you a niner fan 1-2 years just wondering. I like what the hawks are doing but im a niner fan for life.

I had just started watching football, casually, in the 2010 season with singletary. 2011 was my first real season of watching, reading and listening to football. Last years season was definitely a spectacle to behold, with Alex Smith rising from the ashes, and a defensive juggernaut establishing itself against great offences. I'd love to see either the niners or Seahawks win it all this year, and I believe it will be one of the two.

I suspect this year is the hawks year. The niners have undergone the pivotal QB switch and I don't think the team is fully adjusted to it yet, causing the issue of being inconsistent. Its any mans game if these two teams meet again after the next round.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
That's awesome you are coming aboard. I'm born and raised in the Great PNW and have been a fan since the beginning. That said I love my team even more and respect other teams more when they have classy coaches and players. Mind you no one is perfect as we know.

Like you I love Lynch. Plays each play like its his last. Beast Mode rules!

I wasn't on the DangeRuss Wilson train at the start of the year. I live in KC now and went to his break out game against the Chiefs and started to hope he could be great. Man how can you not love him now. He is an amazing player, but a part of that is that he is so great because he is such a great leader, worker, smart, and humble. I love how he doesn't go crazy celebrating after every first down or TD. Conversely he doesn't get too low after mistakes. Classy dude.

As you say we are young and should be great with this group for years to come. Incredible time to be a Hawk.

Last, how good will it feel when we win our first SB? When we do it will be our first ever as an org. I can't wait be it this year or next. That will be special.

It's a fun team to follow with great fans. Enjoy the ride, and welcome again!

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Cheers! and Welcome! You will find that the 12th Man is comprised of all kinds, but yes, for the most part we are a fan base that favors dialogue, rationale, and hard-core football facts, along with a serious passion for the game.

If you want to really get to the heart of this team, which I believe is special in the NFL, try to find Pete Carroll's book, especially the audio book version, which he reads himself. Once you understand his approach and philosophy and you get to know the players he and John Schneider (our GM) have brought in, you'll appreciate what's going on here waaaayyy more than any national media outlet.

Riley12

Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

Anytime the Niners lose a fan, an angel gets its wings.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Welcome one and all. We're glad to have you, and hope we have another Seahawks "lifer" on our board. It will be a good trade for us, as my brother who grew up in Seattle is a Raiders fan. I can kind of excuse it, because he was a fan before the Seahawks ever existed, and most people in the Northwest tended to gravitate towards the Raiders, Niners, or Vikings (still not sure on the Vikings, I think it is because there are a lot of Scandinavians in Seattle). But we'll take a fan back from the Bay Area teams and call it an even trade. :)