Golden Tate laying out Jags FS Dwight Lowery

yeastmode

Reaction score
kidhawk":2epx3vyc said:
When I saw that happen, that block last year was the first thing that crossed my mind

Lowery gets Sean Lee'ed!

Trrrroy

Reaction score
What's funny is he wasn't a willing blocker at all in college.

Exittium

Reaction score
he's on the PS for the LOB ... they've been teaching him ;)

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
In this case, The Shadow did not know. Maniacal laughing followed by a thud, then an OOOPH! The Shadow thought he had Sidney dead to rights. He actually had no effin idea!

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 8m
NFL says Seahawks WR Golden Tate was fined $21,000 for blindside block on Jags S Dwight Lowery.

NFL strikes again.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3ikqzch0 said:
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 8m
NFL says Seahawks WR Golden Tate was fined $21,000 for blindside block on Jags S Dwight Lowery.

NFL strikes again.

Ok this is what I don't get. Is the blocker supposed to wait for the opponent to look him in the eye before he can touch him? Lowery was making a move towards the Seahawks line of scrimmage and Tate hits him in the middle of his chest. The defender has to be accountable too. You don't just run on a football field without looking in front of you

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I've given up trying to understand the rules when it comes to hits and blocks, defenseless this or blindside that.

Seems to me if they block or hit too hard, they get fined. I'm pretty much sticking to that.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":obzyh26d said:
I've given up trying to understand the rules when it comes to hits and blocks, defenseless this or blindside that.

Seems to me if they block or hit too hard, they get fined. I'm pretty much sticking to that.

Sounds legit

CANHawk

Reaction score
This is what's wrong with Rog's crusade against head injuries. He's fining for the result of the hit, not whether or not it was done within the context of the rules. We wouldn't hear shit about Tate getting fined for this if Dwight Lowry popped up afterward because it was a perfectly legal hit. Shoulder to numbers.

When are people going to be held responsible for their own actions on the football field!? It's a violent sport and you need to look after yourself. Sean Lee and now this Dwight Lowery guy were running around without a care in the fricken world with full blown tunnel vision for the guy with the ball, FULL of bad intentions. By moving his head 4 fricken degrees to the right, he would have seen Tate coming and taken the hit with no problem. But because DWIGHT LOWERY was an IDIOT and didn't have his head on a swivel like we've ALL been taught since we were NINE, Golden Tate is now out $21k and it's absolute bullshit.

/rant

RussellMania

Reaction score
It looks like he gets the concussion from his head hitting the turf. I know pro-wrestlers learn over and over that when you fall you tuck your head in to prevent whiplash and your head hitting the ground. Maybe they need to teach this football players, I don't know.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
The beauty that seems to have been overlooked in that game is that Tate had ~150 all purpose yards! STUD!