Golden State Warriors

TestMo1337

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1xfg7htv said:
At one point you guys will have to be less salty about the Sonics leaving. Time heals all wounds, right?
No.

Imagine if the Seahawks left Seattle. Would you okay with anyone saying "Come on guys... it's been years."

hawksfan515

Reaction score
sammyc521":3j6rtud3 said:
hawksfan515":3j6rtud3 said:
At one point you guys will have to be less salty about the Sonics leaving. Time heals all wounds, right?
No.

Imagine if the Seahawks left Seattle. Would you okay with anyone saying "Come on guys... it's been years."

Probably not. But we give the Packers fans shit for still whining about the fail Mary.....

The fail Mary is definitely not on the same level, but y'all see the comparison I'm making?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Going to be honest...nothing makes me happier than knowing that Oklahoma fans got to experience a moment of hope, where they thought they had a chance - only to find it shattered and that old label of their team being "Chokers" guaranteed to follow them.

Nothing makes me happier than to know that tonight thousands of Oklahoma fans are going to bed sad.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2x7a18uy said:
Going to be honest...nothing makes me happier than knowing that Oklahoma fans got to experience a moment of hope, where they thought they had a chance - only to find it shattered and that old label of their team being "Chokers" guaranteed to follow them.

Nothing makes me happier than to know that tonight thousands of Oklahoma fans are going to bed sad.

Ohhh ... I hear you. For me, that collective sadness is like a warm blanket that you can just wrap yourself up and snuggle in. So beautiful to see OKC and their fans get forever associated with one of the biggest choke jobs in the history of the NBA.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Got to think Durant ends up at the Lakers soon. If they had won a title okc may have been able to keep him but i doubt it now.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
hawksfan515":2xd9hd53 said:
sammyc521":2xd9hd53 said:
hawksfan515":2xd9hd53 said:
No.

Probably not. But we give the Packers fans shit for still whining about the fail Mary.....

The fail Mary is definitely not on the same level, but y'all see the comparison I'm making?

No. Losing a single regular season NFL game isn't even close to having your beloved team ripped away from you. And for those who might have forgotten, that came within an eyelash of happening with this Seahawks team. February 2, 1996 was one of the absolute worst days of my life. I can still vividly remember the images of watching KIRO that day and seeing vans loaded with Seahawks equipment heading South on I-5 towards LA ...

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/foo...-10-years-ago-the-Seahawks-nearly-1194634.php

I can only imagine what would have happened and how I would have felt about the NFL today had Paul Allen not swooped in and saved the day.

No man, regarding the Sonics -- that's a wound that runs real deep. If you've never seen it, I highly recommend watching the film "Sonicsgate". Perhaps that will give a bit of insight in to why many former Sonics fans feel the way they do. [Here is the film that you can see in its entirety below ...]

Sonicsgate: Requiem for a Team
[youtube]s9Dp20ydm1E[/youtube]

The Outfield

Reaction score
TXHawk":332l1ob4 said:
I'm so happy that the Thunder lost tonight. Here's hoping that Kevin Durant leaves the team followed by Russell Westbrook and the whole franchise sinks permanently to the bottom of the league.

This. Absolutely this. I want Clay Bennett to look like an idiot. The Thunder are still only good because of the Sonics roster/drafts.

I do however like Durant and hope he leaves to a team that wins a championship.

Throwdown

Reaction score
hawksfan515":29sk968b said:
sammyc521":29sk968b said:
hawksfan515":29sk968b said:
No.

Two different things, you're comparing one play to losing a franchise that for years before the Carroll Era Seahawks was the heart and soul of the sports scene in WA. No I'll never get over it, this isn't sports hate, this is a personal hatred I feel in my heart. I feel slight illness when I see that thunder logo, when I hear the name, when I see the uniforms, when I see their players.

I don't know about you but the sonics were my favorite team ever, moreso than UW sports, or the Seahawks. I still have ticket stubs, jerseys, game programs and shit, no this will never end for me, even in the unlikely event we get another team named the sonics, the hate will still be there.

Laloosh

Reaction score
^^ Sums it up nicely. Never going to get over it.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
The OKC Blunder strike again.

ip7tCn1KGSMPH.gif

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":39zhb4m7 said:
I think even if GS pulls this off they won't have enough juice left. If you seen how well there Cavs have played thus far, they're on a mission. I swear to god they took two off vs Toronto, there's no way a team dominates the first two games like that and then loses the next two without that.

The thing about this OKC series is OKC gave the formula, play big and be physical, don't try and match their quickness, stymie it, I think Cleveland can do that.
I thought OK had it in the bag so what do I know right?I hope your right though,Cavs and city deserve something to go right for them after many years

peppersjap

Reaction score
At the end of both of the last 2 games it becomes a 2 player game for the Thunder. Durant and Westbrook just go one on one! The best "team" ended up winning. I am a Blazer fan who has lived in the Seattle area for 27 years and would love to see both Westbrook and Durant move on to other teams (I like both of them and Durant should have been a Blazer) and see Clay Bennett hurt by his and the Starbuck guys douche bag move. I just wanted to say that it is not only Sonic fans that were pissed by what happened!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Throwdown":ztfhet6p said:
I think even if GS pulls this off they won't have enough juice left. If you seen how well there Cavs have played thus far, they're on a mission. I swear to god they took two off vs Toronto, there's no way a team dominates the first two games like that and then loses the next two without that.

The thing about this OKC series is OKC gave the formula, play big and be physical, don't try and match their quickness, stymie it, I think Cleveland can do that.

I disagree with this entire post.

Can we stop running with the meme that GS is going to just pass out on the court because they're playing playoff basketball? Yeah they went for the 73 win mark, but over the course of the season they routinely blew teams out of the water and rested entire quarters in the process. Kerr manages this roster EXTREMELY well. Rarely would any of the starters go over 36 minutes in a game. They just happen to be stacked talent wise, so much so they could have this roster management and still be better than the rest of the league.

As far as the Cavs go, if you watched the Raptors play all postseason, you'd see they were a very Jekyll & Hyde team at home and away from Toronto. The Cavs eventually blew the doors off them in Game 6.. but the Raptors played much better at home all season. They didn't "take games off" .. the Raptors just play a lot better in front of that home crowd.

I do love the notion that suddenly OKC gave this radical formula on how to beat the Warriors though. If you look at the best defensive teams in basketball, Golden State had no problems with any of them up until this series. In fact if you take a look at the Top 10 defensive teams in the league this year.. the Warriors were a ridiculous 22-2 against them.

Cleveland by the way, does not have the defenders the Thunder do. Nor do they have the size. I know everyone is going to go "but last year in the Finals, the Cavs didn't have Kyrie or Love!" .. and offensively that absolutely makes a difference.. but defensively I think it greatly hurts the Cavs. Draymond Green was basically invisible outside of soccer kicking Steven Adams in the nuts, but do you honestly believe Kevin Love is going to check him? Kyrie Irving may get 25-30 a night, but he's going to give that up just as easily. JR Smith isn't Andre Roberson on defense. Not even close. LeBron is going to get his.. as he always does.. but the Warriors run so much deeper than the Cavs it's really not fair.

I personally think this is going to be a short series. I think a comeback like this just springboards a team into playing some very inspired basketball. And if you noticed in the WCF, Curry and Thompson started to catch fire together for the first time all postseason. When both those guys are clicking, they are borderline unstoppable. And that was against a team that had played them tougher than any other team in the league this year.. matchups matter a lot in sports. The WCF this year reminded me of Seahawks-Niners the year we won the Owl. The poor Broncos had no idea what was about to run over them, and I don't think the Cavs are equipped to handle the Warriors.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
nategreat":i33e8qpu said:
Hasselbeck":i33e8qpu said:
Sports Hernia":i33e8qpu said:
I'm not an NBA fan at all, but I want the zombie sonics to lose and be done. .....and Durant to leave via FA ASAP, so Clay Clay's team goes into permanent suck mode.

If they lose Game 7 as many would expect, I can't see KD leaving now. To come this close to the Finals and be a big reason why you couldn't close out the Warriors .. I just don't think Durant is the type of player to do that.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think how close they've played Golden State is going to keep both KD and Westbrook in OKC for awhile (or at least until 2017).

I think it does the opposite to be honest, and I'm lovin every minute of it

FWIW - early reports say KD is going to do a max 2 year deal with an opt out next year.

That makes the most sense to me at this point. One last hurrah with Westbrook to try to get it done. If it fails, then it gets real interesting.

There's not a team out there though that offers KD a better shot at a title next year than OKC. I don't think Golden State will go for him anymore. Especially if they repeat. Really hard to break the band up when you just went back-to-back and won 73 games.

The Spurs? They're suddenly not the Spurs of old. Duncan and Manu are probably on their way out. A Durant/Leonard/LMA big 3 is frightening as all hell - but again, I think KD saw what happened with LeBron and doesn't want to play that villain role.

Won't even mention any other team as all of them are a step down from OKC. Miami could be the wild card in all of this as they'd offer KD a chance to play in the weak Eastern conference and Riley is a damn wizard when it comes to luring stars over.. but again, I just can't see KD thinking aging Wade gives him the best shot at a title over an electric Russell Westbrook.

Remember when Shaq and Kobe came together, it took them a few years to figure it out too. Once they did, it was scary. In this modern day NBA, a Kevin Durant is about as deadly as any player in the league. I just can't see this breaking up JUST yet.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
There are two schools of thought going into the finals:

A. Cavs are well rested whereas the Warriors are bruised and beatdown. Cavs will win.
B. Cavs haven't played any compeition in the playoffs, therefore they're in for a rude awakening when they finally play a good team. The Warriors are battle tested, having hardships up until this point will pay off for them.

Only time will tell which scenario works out. The Warriors are favored in this series for a reason, but LeBron isn't going to go quietly. Hard to imagine LeBron losing 3 finals in a row. This will be a great series, should go at least 6 games.

Latest posts