Golden looking good for the Lions.

Erebus

Reaction score
He'd be putting up the same numbers in our offense that he did the last couple years, not what he's doing now in Detroit. More passes his way is one of the reasons he chose Detroit over staying.

Jville

Reaction score
I'd prefer to see that anticipated 4th round round compensatory pick pushed firmly into the third round. So .... a best "statistical" year by Golden Tate would put a smile on my face.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Jville":eeh21wdo said:
I'd prefer to see that anticipated 4th round round compensatory pick pushed firmly into the third round. So .... a best "statistical" year by Golden Tate would put a smile on my face.

It's based on size of contract, being on the active roster more than eight weeks, and and FAs lost and gained. What he does or doesn't do on the field has no bearing on what comp pick, if any, is received. Just spot checking his contract, assuming he doesn't get canceled out, it looks like a pick at the end 4th (likely) or 5th round (less likely). 3rd round picks are reserved for FAs who sign top value contracts at their positions, and he's not even close to that.

As for Golden and his contract, I love him as a player. Of course he wouldn't get as many opportunities in Seattle as he's getting in Detroit, but everybody knew that.

Although his deal is for five years, he's basically on a three year 12 million dollar deal. So far that's a STEAL for Detroit. The question isn't if he would produce the same stats for Seattle as he is for Detroit, the question is if he would be worth 4 million per over three years with Seattle.

Personally, I think he would be, but he's absolutely the type of player that gets lost by good teams in FA. He'd by WORTH IT to Seattle for sure, but that has no bearing on if they can AFFORD him or not. In the long term he clearly wasn't in their cap plans.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
tate was my favorite seahawk while he was here and I root for him in Detroit, which is easy because I have no reason to dislike the lions and how can you not respect Calvin Johnson?

I really wanted us to keep him. That being said, it seems like we had to choose between Baldwin and Tate, and Baldwin came a bit cheaper and was just as important to the team IMO. Plus Baldwin seems to have a more mature attitude. Tate seemed to enjoy the spotlight and there always seemed to be something off about his relationship with RW. Like in the superbowl when he ran backwards and lost a first down and Wilson said something about it, Tate was basically staring off into space when Wilson mentioned it and didn't really aknowledge it. PLus there were the taunting issues - which, honestly I didn't mind and defended him at the time. But still probably a factor; this team and Pete give guys a lot of leeway but not much when it comes to detracting from the team. I never got the same team-first vibe from Golden that other players have.

Jville

Reaction score
I really believe in the job Kippy Brown does in developing receivers and in the very catchable ball Russell Wilson throws. So .... I'm anticipating Tate is the first in a series of receivers who will see bigger second contracts with less fortunate wide receiver hungry teams.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
The smartest thing to do may have been not to extend ADB and let him play out this season at the 2 mill RFA number he had and then resign Tate.

Tate is a gamebreaker. You can count on the guy to almost aways make huge game swinging plays. I wanted so badly last year to watch Percy and Golden on the field together. Would have been a ton of fun this year!!

Oh well. Glad Golden is tearing it up regardless.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":19upp3a8 said:
Tate is a gamebreaker. You can count on the guy to almost aways make huge game swinging plays. I wanted so badly last year to watch Percy and Golden on the field together. Would have been a ton of fun this year!!

My feelings too. Tate was really underrated because of the game the Hawks play, but IMO he bailed out Wilson more than anyone else on that team. People have called him a Poor Man's Percy, but I think they're games are really different, and really complimentary. Tate is very comparable to Hines Ward, IMO. I like him that much.