GoFalcons

chris98251

Reaction score
Seahawks need to get healthy and play a Cardinal team playing for respect and setting up next season, dangerous game really for the Seahawks, we can't look at the record of the Cards, they have a habit of playing pretty well in Seattle.

Rams and 49ers both lose, Rams are playing in San Francisco, advantage 49ers by a bit, both teams want to change the taste in their mouths, heartbreaking loss by 49ers may be harder to get past then a blow out I think, especially since that's like 3 games they have dealt with this kind of loss. It may make them stronger in the long run but does take a toll.

Rams playing the 49ers and a division game and regaining some respect after the Cowboys embarrassed them, this could be a shoot out of major proportions but I think the Rams could pull it off.

49ers have been whining about injuries and health all season when it's convenient for them, announcers also making it a big talking point.

That tells me they are still mentally weak as a team, using and looking for excuses isn't what a seasoned team does, Seahawks have been more banged up all year, and that is to start the season, have rotated guys off injury report and IR all season.

We need to take care of our own business and get some guys back healthy as much as possible, week 17 is going to be a game that sets the whole NFC up.

Barakas

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":30qfnmqe said:
BlueThunder":30qfnmqe said:
That was an awesome ending! NFL made them win it twice though. He had control of that f'ing ball on the first one. That was a goddamn td! What bull $h!t!!!
It's not control if after immediately touching the ground the ball bounces out of your hands without you completing the movement.

I would love to have an expert unbiased opinion on that play. I'm of course biased but to me the receiver had the ball in one hand when it touched the ground but the ball did not budget one iota during that time. A split second later his hand is now rising and he still firmly controls the ball in one hand (i.e., there is no movement of the ball at all when it's in contact with the ground). After the ball is clearly back up off the ground he does lose control but it goes between his legs where he then grabs it again before the ball ever touches the ground.

So, the ball was never "on the ground" without it being firmly controlled by the player. It was called a touchdown so I have no clue how they had "indisputable visual evidence" to overturn the called TD on the field.

If the ball was moving in his hand at any point when it was touching the ground I would agree that it was not a reception but I did not see that on any of the replays.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":343cat0s said:
Seahaaaawks":343cat0s said:
If im on that hawks plane ride home im playing drunk on a plane by dirks and drinking straight out of the bottle happier than clark w griswold jr when he got his christmas lights working!

Do we have a simile of the year award? Or is it a metaphor?
lol just hap hap happier than bing crosby when he tap danced with danny F’in kay

Barakas

Reaction score
94Smith":2mcunflc said:
Seanhawk":2mcunflc said:
Cyrus12":2mcunflc said:
Seanhawk":2mcunflc said:
Wasn't that always the case though?
Only if you trusted a win vs the niners....now we just gotta beat the card and the last game is mute.

How is the last game moot?

The Niners are 11-3. We are 11-3.

If we both win next week, the Niners are 12-3, we are 12-3.

By my math, we would still have to beat the Niners as they could still end up with a better record.

Exactly . Only thing that changed today was Niners got a kick in the ass . No major injuries . Still coming down to week 17. Hopefully.

If the Seahawks win next week and the 49ers lose then week 17 becomes moot as the tiebreakers will go Seattle's way if the 49ers beat the Seahawks.

Barakas

Reaction score
rlkats":343n0uhd said:
BlueThunder":343n0uhd said:
5_Golden_Rings":343n0uhd said:
It's not control if after immediately touching the ground the ball bounces out of your hands without you completing the movement.

That was a Touchdown. All day, every day.

So the replay people in NY were wrong and your correct. Ok I see. Thanks for the clarity.

oh come on....the NY people ALWAYS get it correct? Really? Really really?

BlueThunder

Reaction score
rlkats":2wcxn02y said:
BlueThunder":2wcxn02y said:
5_Golden_Rings":2wcxn02y said:

So the replay people in NY were wrong and your correct. Ok I see. Thanks for the clarity.

Dude... Did you even see SB XL? We know how this shit works. $$$$$'s is all that matters to the NFL. And yeah, I don't know why I watch it anymore.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Barakas":7qsbrb4d said:
5_Golden_Rings":7qsbrb4d said:
BlueThunder":7qsbrb4d said:
That was an awesome ending! NFL made them win it twice though. He had control of that f'ing ball on the first one. That was a goddamn td! What bull $h!t!!!

I would love to have an expert unbiased opinion on that play. I'm of course biased but to me the receiver had the ball in one hand when it touched the ground but the ball did not budget one iota during that time. A split second later his hand is now rising and he still firmly controls the ball in one hand (i.e., there is no movement of the ball at all when it's in contact with the ground). After the ball is clearly back up off the ground he does lose control but it goes between his legs where he then grabs it again before the ball ever touches the ground.

So, the ball was never "on the ground" without it being firmly controlled by the player. It was called a touchdown so I have no clue how they had "indisputable visual evidence" to overturn the called TD on the field.

If the ball was moving in his hand at any point when it was touching the ground I would agree that it was not a reception but I did not see that on any of the replays.

They showed it 3 times. What I saw is the ball was in control when the hand went down. When the hand came back up the ball was still in control until it hit his leg which jostled it and he lost control for a moment which then he regained control and was able to re-complete the catch/fumble recovery on the ground. He did have control upon going down and coming back up with the ball in his gloved hand to my point of view.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":jb0ohcvm said:
Barakas":jb0ohcvm said:
5_Golden_Rings":jb0ohcvm said:
BlueThunder":jb0ohcvm said:

They showed it 3 times. What I saw is the ball was in control when the hand went down. When the hand came back up the ball was still in control until it hit his leg which jostled it and he lost control for a moment which then he regained control and was able to re-complete the catch/fumble recovery on the ground. He did have control upon going down and coming back up with the ball in his gloved hand to my point of view.

EXACTLY!!!! Touchdown. ALL DAY, EVERY DAY!. He never lost control until AFTER he landed. Stupid refs. Trying to help the Niners rise back up to the top. I was waiting for them to take away the obvious breaking of the end zone play that won it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":nv6i7kf4 said:
Barakas":nv6i7kf4 said:
5_Golden_Rings":nv6i7kf4 said:
BlueThunder":nv6i7kf4 said:

That’s what I saw too. NFL has got some ‘splanin’ to do.
If that play happened for one of the legacy teams it’s a TD, no question.
Blatant steering IMHO.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
rlkats":39dussho said:
Seanhawk":39dussho said:
rlkats":39dussho said:
BlueThunder":39dussho said:

It doesn't matter now, but I think that was a TD. I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I think that ball hits Hooper's foot, not the ground.

Sorry man it hit the ground. That part was plain to see. Now did the ball move or was in a TD? The review crew didn't see it as a TD. In the end it was a wash.

I don’t think it’s that plain. In the video below at the angle starting at 48 seconds, I think it’s debatable. Especially at the 53 second mark when it shows his foot was under the ball when you think it is on the ground. You say it hit the ground, I’m not saying it didn’t. I’m just saying it’s debatable. We’ll agree to disagree.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...ustin-Hooper-s-potential-game-winning-TD-grab

rlkats

Reaction score
Blatant steering? C'mon that's a bit much. If this was a Niners reciever and a Hawks D you all would be on the pulpit saying INC Pass. It looked like a inc pass to me, to you all a completed pass. Fans of both teams had stake in that play. Niners fans wear nines favored glasses and hawk fans wear hawk favored glasses. Plain and simple truth

rlkats

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3gew8fh3 said:
rlkats":3gew8fh3 said:
Seanhawk":3gew8fh3 said:
rlkats":3gew8fh3 said:

It doesn't matter now, but I think that was a TD. I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I think that ball hits Hooper's foot, not the ground.

Sorry man it hit the ground. That part was plain to see. Now did the ball move or was in a TD? The review crew didn't see it as a TD. In the end it was a wash.

I don’t think it’s that plain. In the video below at the angle starting at 48 seconds, I think it’s debatable. Especially at the 53 second mark when it shows his foot was under the ball when you think it is on the ground. You say it hit the ground, I’m not saying it didn’t. I’m just saying it’s debatable. We’ll agree to disagree.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...ustin-Hooper-s-potential-game-winning-TD-grab

Agreed to dis agree. But thank you for the video and the level headed discussion.

sutz

Reaction score
I think that call will go down much like our Fail Mary catch against the Pack. Peeps gonna disagree forever. :twisted:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Hooper play was a catch...the julio one was right on the line. If they called back to in a row the fix would be too obvious. Look for a lot of calls against us and the Rams next week.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
sutz":1aefeq93 said:
I think that call will go down much like our Fail Mary catch against the Pack. Peeps gonna disagree forever. :twisted:
Everyone I know..knows that was a catch by Tate...never up for debate.

rlkats

Reaction score
sutz":4ktec72k said:

Agree

rlkats

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1h6pml62 said:
Hooper play was a catch...the julio one was right on the line. If they called back to in a row the fix would be too obvious. Look for a lot of calls against us and the Rams next week.

The TD on the line was a no brainer. All niners fans called it a TD. The incomplete TD is up for debate.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I don't care what it hit. He had firm control in his hand until it was off the ground. My opinion has nothing to do with what team it is. Seahawks, Niners, Dolphins, whatever. He didn't lose control of the ball until AFTER it left the ground. Fortunately, it became moot on the next play.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rlkats":3frzgbrl said:
Blatant steering? C'mon that's a bit much. If this was a Niners reciever and a Hawks D you all would be on the pulpit saying INC Pass. It looked like a inc pass to me, to you all a completed pass. Fans of both teams had stake in that play. Niners fans wear nines favored glasses and hawk fans wear hawk favored glasses. Plain and simple truth
Full disclosure I’m a Hawk’s Homer. 8)
.... But the Ball clearly hit the top of his foot. As for the “steering” it wasn’t only that call, but the 2 bogus roughing the passer penalty’s on ATL that extended drives, plus a few others.

Go to the Denial Zone and read the posts of a couple of your brethren that post here that are complaining that officiating cost your team the game, even though a large majority of calls going the 49’ers way.
Credit to a couple of posters there that called them out on it however.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":1849i3qh said:
Low probability but I’m hoping.

In my mind, a 49er win was a given so I did chores after watching the Seahawks.

I went out to purchase a few gifts and came home to an unexpected 'gift' - a San Fran loss.

Latest posts