Goat of the game

OP
OP
S

stack55

Reaction score
Even playing zone, kam can't just stand there and let the
Receiver run by him. As long as he was in front of him,ok.
Earl was playing the middle on both those scores.
And Pete Carroll sitting there in his press conference
Telling us he didn't get conservative is a laugh.

Seafan

Reaction score
Cartire":1dbysu3n said:
pmedic920":1dbysu3n said:
I'm confused.
I thought Goat = greatest of all time.

It does. Somewhere down the line, Peter King started using the term to highlight bad performances, because he thought thats what it meant. Now, people who were unaware of the term before, started using it in the same context. Now, some people think it means a bad performance.

GOAT has always meant the Greatest of All Time.

MJ was the Goat. Ect.

Goat has been the goat before the acronym of GOAT. Peter King didn't coin the word. It's been around a LONG time. It's easy to distinguish the two. Greatest of all time should always be capitalized. And etc is etc, not ect.

MJ was the GOAT. But in some games he was also the goat.

RW was the goat against the Bengals.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kearly":31ky8g5m said:
Kam looked a bit off in this game, other than his big hit on Eifert. But I don't really blame him for the TDs, that was more a case of the Bengals attacking a vulnerable spot in Seattle's Zone coverage by throwing the ball during the exchange point from Kam to Earl.

Cary Williams did have a rough game, but I thought the first PI call against him was a joke. He basically put his arm up (without grabbing) to feel his receivers location, something that happens on virtually 100% of deep coverages and never gets called (nor should it).

The 2nd PI call was 50/50 to me. It got called, but I bet you wouldn't see that call in the playoffs where they are looser with penalties.

Pete normally won't go after officials but one of the first things he (respectfully) said in his post-game press conference was that he didn't agree with either of the calls against Williams.

The player I'd most blame for the loss is Wilson, despite the fact that he was pretty good in the first three quarters. He had 5-6 chances to put the game away with a drive at the end and couldn't do it. Seattle played well enough to win and our QB couldn't finish the deal. It's been a weird season.
Three obvious hang ups for Russell Wilson 1. No Marshawn Lynch, 2. a sputtering O-Line, 3. he supposedly has to make protection calls now, because there's no vet Center to alleviate that part of the game...It's not all going to come together without a few hiccups, and too, it's going to take awhile for the familiarity to gather.
The old "Continuity" takes on a whole new meaning, especially with Cable into the re-building of the O-Line with Defensive players.
Wilson's ass is pretty much hanging out in the wind, and it's going to take some time to develop that chemistry with his Offensive Line.

Aerik

Reaction score
If I had to pick a goat, I'd go with Williams.. Sherm even started to cover his side.. then after the 1st Q Dalton would line up, scan the D, and you could almost hear him think "where's muh bitch??", see Williams, lock eyes with the receiver he was covering, and complete a pass.. at least that's how I saw it

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
If the offense gets another score, we could have put the game out of reach. If the defense makes a stop, they don't catch up. No goats. Just a team losing a football game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, many things contributed. The team was the goat basically.
6 straight punts by the offense w/a big lead. D looking confused. O Line solid until it counted in the 4th and OT. Russ holding the ball too long. Crappy play calling, yet again. John Ryan not punting the ball out of bounds twice, which cost the team big field position. etc. etc......