Go Chiefs .......

ivotuk

Reaction score
I was up in the air at first, but my hate if NE had me grinning when KC started the asskicking! ;)

irocdave

Reaction score
adeltaY":33os0dzp said:
I guess I'm the only one who wanted the Pats to win? KC is such a tease and this game isn't enough to change that. Remember last season they piled up 250 yards of offense in a single quarter in a blowout win vs. an excellent Denver defense.... still knocked out in the first round when it counted. Can't stand these teams who look good during the regular season but don't remotely feel like a threat when they step onto a playoff field.

If this exact game goes down @Foxborough I predict the Pats win comfortably in the postseason unless Brady really falls off a cliff. Pats D will never be elite, but it'll be much better as the season progresses. Still, I'd feel confident the Hawks could beat both of these teams at this stage, which is pretty nice.

It's just you. It's unanimous across all NFL fan bases, the Pats are the most arrogant team in the NFL and anytime they lose, it's a win for the rest of the NFL.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":2d7kyhna said:
Anyone see that shot of Brady sitting on the bench in the 4th quarter; mann did he look deflated......anyone, anyone.......c'mon, really. (mike drop) :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs: :mrgreen:

Deflated...LOL!

So that was the sound he was making on offense :lol:
You could say he stunk it up ;)

Josea16

Reaction score
adeltaY":2umpvhre said:
I guess I'm the only one who wanted the Pats to win? KC is such a tease and this game isn't enough to change that. Remember last season they piled up 250 yards of offense in a single quarter in a blowout win vs. an excellent Denver defense.... still knocked out in the first round when it counted. Can't stand these teams who look good during the regular season but don't remotely feel like a threat when they step onto a playoff field.

If this exact game goes down @Foxborough I predict the Pats win comfortably in the postseason unless Brady really falls off a cliff. Pats D will never be elite, but it'll be much better as the season progresses. Still, I'd feel confident the Hawks could beat both of these teams at this stage, which is pretty nice.
You serious? New England hates playing on the road and especially at Arrowhead they get embarrassed there all the time.

Make Tommy play outside Boston in the playoffs he loses and that's the goal sir. Tommy losing get it?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3vklsqj9 said:
oregonhawkfan":3vklsqj9 said:
Anyone see that shot of Brady sitting on the bench in the 4th quarter; mann did he look deflated......anyone, anyone.......c'mon, really. (mike drop) :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs: :mrgreen:

Deflated...LOL!

So that was the sound he was making on offense :lol:
You could say he stunk it up ;)

You mean, like he looked when Kearse caught that pass in the SB?

Josea16

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":34gzmhnn said:
Josea16":34gzmhnn said:
pmedic920":34gzmhnn said:
I read some place that the odds of winning the SB go way down if you lose your first game.

Anybody know by how much?
Not much it's when you go 0-2 you're in deep doo doo.
Unfortunately they play an easy division. NY jets twice, Buffalo twice, Miami twice.
It's historically true. 0-2 you rarely make the Superbowl and if you do you lose. Check out the 2005 Seahawks given they are one of few 0-2 teams to actually make it into the Superbowl.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I get the reasons behind the Pats hate for sure, I used to despise Brady especially after we lost in the SB. Now, I just have a lot of respect for how damn good he is and also how tough (see @Denver in '15 playoffs). Hope the Pats do well, not scared of the Hawks playing any AFC team in the SB and it might as well be a revenge game. You won't catch me rooting for the Pats in any way, shape, or form if it comes to that.

Alexander

Reaction score
Josea16":2fqu7mjb said:
Russ Willstrong":2fqu7mjb said:
Josea16":2fqu7mjb said:
pmedic920":2fqu7mjb said:
I read some place that the odds of winning the SB go way down if you lose your first game.

Anybody know by how much?
Unfortunately they play an easy division. NY jets twice, Buffalo twice, Miami twice.
It's historically true. 0-2 you rarely make the Superbowl and if you do you lose. Check out the 2005 Seahawks given they are one of few 0-2 teams to actually make it into the Superbowl.

The 2005 Seahawks started 0-1, not 0-2. They won games 2 and 3, then lost game 4 to start 2-2. Then basically ran the table until they rested starters in the regular season finale.

Josea16

Reaction score
Alexander":2ve263hs said:
Josea16":2ve263hs said:
Russ Willstrong":2ve263hs said:
Josea16":2ve263hs said:

The 2005 Seahawks started 0-1, not 0-2. They won games 2 and 3, then lost game 4 to start 2-2. Then basically ran the table until they rested starters in the regular season finale.
Bull the 2004 Seahawks that went to the 2005 Superbowl started 0-2. They then won 13 straight games and purposely lost in week 17.

Josea16

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":10luz7ea said:
Josea16":10luz7ea said:
Alexander":10luz7ea said:
Josea16":10luz7ea said:

Bull the 2004 Seahawks that went to the 2005 Superbowl started 0-2. They then won 13 straight games and purposely lost in week 17.

Incorrect on multiple points.

The 2005 Seahawks that went to the SB (in Feb of 2006) started out 1-1 in their first two games.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... a/2005.htm
You are correct I looked it up. I mixed it up with the fact that if you go 0-2 you rarely make it to the Superbowl and no 0-2 team has won it. Or if they have the percentages drop into the abyss on both.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Man, the Pats D looked really bad. They had zero pass rush to night and gave up HUGE runs.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Three major takeaways:

1) Brady's arm decline might be too much to hide this year. He looked better in the second half but his accuracy and placement were still a mess.

2) The Pats seem to be as soft up the middle as everyone was whispering about, even with Hightower playing.

3) Andy Reid, for the first time in forever, has inserted new and fun scheming and playcalling into the Chiefs offense. Practically everyone made fun of Mularkey for his "exotic smash mouth" declaration before the start of last season, and now people are aping it. This makes football better and more fun to watch.

Bonus Point: If the Chiefs could choose between beating the Pats in Week 1 and Berry not tearing his ACL, I seriously think they'd take the loss over the win. He's literally the player they could least afford to lose on that entire 53.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Josea16":h49mph2u said:
Alexander":h49mph2u said:
Josea16":h49mph2u said:
Russ Willstrong":h49mph2u said:

We didn't go to the SB in 2004-05.

Josea16

Reaction score
CPHawk":39dbssnm said:
Josea16":39dbssnm said:
Alexander":39dbssnm said:
Josea16":39dbssnm said:

We didn't go to the SB in 2004-05.
2005 Superbowl which I guess is actually in 2006. Whatever given you know which season I'm referring to.

Josea16

Reaction score
Anyway it looks like it's a very costly victory for the Chiefs they're saying Eric Berry probably has a torn achilles.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":fw65hly7 said:
Josea16":fw65hly7 said:
What arrogance New England has, utter stupidity to go for it on 4th down when you could've basically put Kansas City away.

That changed the whole game.

Statistically that's the right call both times.

It's not arrogance, it's smart football.

It didn't work out for them, but thinking you know better than very settled and statistically verifiable probability about when to go for it on 4th down is what is arrogant, not the reverse. :2thumbs:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Popeyejones":b54wpknb said:
PlinytheCenter":b54wpknb said:
Josea16":b54wpknb said:
What arrogance New England has, utter stupidity to go for it on 4th down when you could've basically put Kansas City away.

That changed the whole game.

Statistically that's the right call both times.

It's not arrogance, it's smart football.

It didn't work out for them, but thinking you know better than very settled and statistically verifiable probability about when to go for it on 4th down is what is arrogant, not the reverse. :2thumbs:

Agree. Going for it was easily the right call.