George Fant?

McGruff

Reaction score
Due to prior commitments, I missed the game.

How dI'd George do at LT?

What happened to britt?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Fant had a clipping penalty, and one false start, so that's -20 yards there to start.

Other than that, he actually played pretty well, although the Saints didn't seem to go after him much. Not sure how he'd hold up against an elite DE, but for today he did OK.

Britt missed one play late in the 4th, not sure what the issue was. There was chatter before the game that he might be hobbled but nothing verifiable.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
He had two false start penalties and clipping. Those penalties wiped out 3/5 drives in the first half. Second half, much better.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
He settled in okay. He should have no business starting at LT in the NFL but even so he is doing pretty well.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
falcongoggles":3mb1rin5 said:
He had two false start penalties and clipping. Those penalties wiped out 3/5 drives in the first half. Second half, much better.

I think he was also responsible for the block in the back that wiped out a nice ground gain. They said it was Britt but in looking at the replay, I think it had to be Fant.

hawk45

Reaction score
His penalties killed 3 drives and he whiffed on a 2nd and six pass causing Wilson to take a shot. Sadly, this may actually represent an improvement over Sowell although we haven't seen Fant play a decent DL yet so worse may be yet to come.

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
For his first NFL start, I think he did okay. Displayed above average athleticism, good instincts, but clearly looked the part of a player who still has a steep learning curve ahead. I still think he finishes the season as our LT. Had he ANY OL experience at all, he would've gone no lower in the draft then the 3rd/4th round based purely on his measurables. The thing I liked most is that he often made it the contact point ahead of the DE that was rushing wide, that's something you have to have in a LT.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
He was also the one who gave up the sack to Russell when the lineman spun on him. I don't think anyone else has mentioned. Overall on par woth Sowell probably better long term.

Jville

Reaction score
McGruff":6r5qzi4l said:
Due to prior commitments, I missed the game.

How dI'd George do at LT?

What happened to britt?

Rough start for George Fant early on. His play settled down and he finished well. He is indeed a quick study.

Britt suffered a stinger and was out one play. He's fine.

Latest posts