GB Opens As A 3 Point Favorite Over The Seahawks

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nope, one player doesn't make the team. He made his choice, let him rot and tell himself how great he is.
The D could use him, but they'll win BOTH of the upcoming home games with or without him.

strat1080

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":7hgc74nd said:
ptisme":7hgc74nd said:
Hawk-Lock":7hgc74nd said:
Opening lines for our week 2 game has GB as -3 with some heavy juice. This line will likely move up by the weekend.

Very interesting. Based on the line, I think Vegas is giving us more of a chance than I thought.
Vegas watched GB's run defense against Chicago...

Their offense was far from spectacular too. Very unRodgers-esque for him to throw for less than 200 yards, especially against Chicago who he usually smokes. I didn't watch any of the game, but I'm going to guess he misses Jordy.

That had more to do with their inability to stop Matt Forte. The Packers were moving the ball well and scoring in the red zone. They were just limited in possessions. He did throw for 3 TDs and post a 140 passer rating and put up 31 points on the road. The Packers offense actually looked very good. It was their defense that let them down. Mostly tackling fundamentals. It seems like they were in the right position to stop the run but whiffed on tackles. They were missing 2 of their 3 starters on DL though due to suspension.

strat1080

Reaction score
Wartooth":1hq22adq said:
The Bears rushed for 189 yards against the Packers...
The Hawks my well go over 300 next week!
Sure they have Rogers...
But they did nothing to improve that plodding defense of theirs!
If the Hawks can run the ball, eat up the clock, keep Rogers on the sidelines...
They can beat them again!

Yeah because Matt Forte is a bum right? He has actually average 14 more rushing yards per season than Lynch.

You mean that same plodding defense that completely harassed Wilson and forced him to have the worst game of his career in the NFC Title Game? That defense? Its not like the Seahawks defense looked like barn burners against an offense with literally no weapons on Sunday. Chicago has Matt Forte, Alshon Jeffery, and Martellus Bennett. Bennett led all TEs in catches last year. Forte is a perennial 1100+ yard rusher and one of the most complete RBs in the NFL. Jeffery has 2500+ yards in the last two seasons. The first game of the season will always be tricky. A lot of unscouted plays and looks. Way too early to draw any conclusions.

sutz

Reaction score
IIRC we've only lost one game by 7 or more points in about 3 years, so I wouldn't expect Vegas to lay 7 on us.

:229031_shrug:

strat1080

Reaction score
sutz":1ut84p6s said:
IIRC we've only lost one game by 7 or more points in about 3 years, so I wouldn't expect Vegas to lay 7 on us.

:229031_shrug:

I agree. I think this will be a tight game. Seattle will be hungry for a win after losing the season opener. It will be an electric environment in Green Bay for their home opener. It should be a great game.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
What is more important to me is that the Hawks play well. I won't be upset if we lose by three points again. However, if we "lay an egg"......I'm really going to be pissed!

stizz19

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3k9dpofa said:
SoulfishHawk":3k9dpofa said:
Get over it, it was a joke. :roll: 4 is more realistic.

Overreact? I have been on here all day saying that even if they go 0-2, they still will win 10 or 11 games.
I gotta remember this :sarcasm_off:

The script is already out.

Hawks start out 0-2. Run the table until week 13 where they lose back-to-back games to the Vikings and Ravens, and then run the table to finish the year as 12-4.

After watching how pathetic the Vikings looked last night I'll bank on a Hawks win.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
strat1080":1z9f3jl6 said:
Wartooth":1z9f3jl6 said:
The Bears rushed for 189 yards against the Packers...
The Hawks my well go over 300 next week!
Sure they have Rogers...
But they did nothing to improve that plodding defense of theirs!
If the Hawks can run the ball, eat up the clock, keep Rogers on the sidelines...
They can beat them again!

Yeah because Matt Forte is a bum right? He has actually average 14 more rushing yards per season than Lynch.

You mean that same plodding defense that completely harassed Wilson and forced him to have the worst game of his career in the NFC Title Game? That defense?

That defense that conceded TDs on 3 straight drives to end that game. yes, that defense.

I hope for a good game.

12thbrah

Reaction score
3 points sounds about right. Don't we have like a 3 game winning streak against them?

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Line has moved to GB -3.5, a few shops have GB -4. I think it closes at about -4/-4.5. GB should be about a 2:1 favorite on the moneyline.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seattle gave up 32 plays of 20 or more yards all of last seasn

They gave up eight on Sunday.

If our back seven doesn't tighten things up in a hurry against the Packers, Vegas won't be proven wrong.

lsheldon

Reaction score
I expect Green Bay to be a challenge this weekend. I'm hoping for a win (or a blow out), but being realistic and accepting that the next game may be a nail biter or a close loss. Just keep in mind they started 3-3 last year and still went to the Super Bowl.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Keep in mind that Vegas doesn't set lines to be right or wrong about who will or will not win.

Lines are set to generate bets and action on a game, they are not predictions.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
kobebryant":31q1fwxv said:
Keep in mind that Vegas doesn't set lines to be right or wrong about who will or will not win.

Lines are set to generate bets and action on a game, they are not predictions.

This is incorrect. If this were true, then how do you explain reverse line movement etc. Trust me bro, I've been betting heavy for a long time, this is just a myth. Vegas gambles just like we gamble.

marko358

Reaction score
Packers ILB looks like he is out for the season per Ian Rappaport.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/643876349908787200[/tweet]

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":pu2wdowd said:
SoulfishHawk":pu2wdowd said:
Get over it, it was a joke. :roll: 4 is more realistic.

Overreact? I have been on here all day saying that even if they go 0-2, they still will win 10 or 11 games.
I gotta remember this :sarcasm_off:

The script is already out.

Hawks start out 0-2. Run the table until week 13 where they lose back-to-back games to the Vikings and Ravens, and then run the table to finish the year as 12-4.
IMO, our team is not gonna win in Cincy in week 5 but will in this week.

pmedic920

Reaction score
After watching us against the Rams and considering its in GB, I'm surprised it's only 3pts.

Wonder what the line would be if this game was at our house?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
After getting gouged by Forte and being down one of their better linebackers, I predict Bevell will go 5 WR for 90% of the game.