Game within the game predictions for SEA vs GB

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
I am worried about our secondary , O-line protection, and 3rd/4th and 1 , I have a gut feeling that our o-line will be better , but the secondary and short yardage is what worry's me. if the secondary is as bad as they were in St Louis then they are going to pick us apart , Rodgers will have a field day , but if we can get a lot of pressure on him as he is a pocket passer that will be the key to the game. as our defense was showing that in the 3rd and 4th quarter against the rams .

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
ptisme":1gt3mdmt said:
... But I think the distractions are every bit as present. Seems there may be some dissention I the locker room with how the organization is treating Kam... I could easily see Seattle folding if they get down early given the state of the locker room...
On what are you basing the "dissention in the locker room" comment? (serious question)

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Looks like Bulaga is out. That gives me some hope for our pass rush, especially if Clark sees a lot of 3rd down snaps.

justafan

Reaction score
I could see our Oline having trouble recognizing some of the blitzes that GB will throw at them.Wilson needs to get better recognizing and getting out of a play.

Sherman inside against a quick slot WR scares me he is better at using the sideline and playing inside tech.Hopefully he will shut down his side

I could see us running more.Lynch may not get a lot more carries but I can see Jackson getting more touches running and receiving.
If we start pounding the ball early and getting 3 n outs Im ok with it as long as we keep it close and keep pounding it.Cant give up on it.

I agree with Wilson needing to get outside the pocket and working the Dline.

I think Rodgers will be quicker to dink and dunk if our pass rush is effective early.It took like 6 or 7 sacks before they adjusted a few years back.

I see our LBs coming to play.Tackling as a whole will be head and shoulders above what we saw.

Veilside

Reaction score
kearly":1o7q82kq said:
-The Packers will play angry. And probably dirty.

I have nightmares of Tyler Lockett playing the Percy Harvin role in the playoffs against the Saint's in 2013....

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
For me, THE absolute, positively, #1 Key to this game for Seattle – no question in my mind -- is Marshawn Lynch. Can Seattle establish the run, control the clock, and keep Aaron Rodgers and that prolific offense OFF the field? Here's a look at some recent history ...

*Note: (I included the Dallas playoff game from last year, as I believe it's instructive on how Green Bay did at Lambeau Field in stopping the run in a big time game against a very good RB)

Packers Defense -- Rushing Yards Allowed ...

2015 …
Week 1 (9/13/15) – Green Bay at Chicago …
189 yards rushing allowed (Matt Forte 141 yards … 1 TD … 5.9 yds/carry)
[An indication of things to come this Sunday? Keeping fingers crossed]

2014 …
NFC Championship at Seattle …
194 yards rushing allowed (Marshawn Lynch 157 yards … 1 TD … 6.3 yds/carry)

NFC Divisional Playoff Green Bay home vs. Dallas …
145 yards rushing allowed (DeMarco Murray 123 yards … 1 TD … 4.9 yds/carry)

Week 1 (9/4/14) – at Seattle
207 yards rushing allowed (Marshawn Lynch 110 yards … 2 TD … 5.5 yds/carry)

After Week 1, Football Outsiders has Green Bay ranked …
#19 overall in Defense DVOA
#8 overall in Pass Defense DVOA (-15.0%)
#31 overall in Run Defense DVOA (24.7%)
FO had Green Bay ranked #19 coming in to this season, so not much has changed in their opinion. Green Bay finished last season #24 overall in Run Defense DVOA (-1.1%), so they weren’t a stellar run defense BEFORE losing Guion and Barrington.

With Green Bay coming in to this game without their top 2 run defenders for this game, I'm wondering if that could end up being the difference in this game. If the Seahawks can establish the run, that not only opens up play action ... it obviously keeps Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay offense on the bench. It's hard to score a whole lot of points when you're not on the field.

I acknowledge that there are many important keys to this game for Seattle. That said, I believe the effectiveness of Seattle's running game ... and Green Bay's effectiveness in stopping it ultimately decides the outcome of this game.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
The Packers will play angry, but not the Seahawks. They have no chips on their shoulders in this one. But Pete Carroll teams always show up to play. Always. If Seattle doesn't look like it showed up to play then it's a bad sign Pete's losing the team. So I expect the usual first half slow start as they feel their way and rise to the Packers challenge. Second half should be advantage Seattle as it gets late in Green Bay.

Rodgers will not have the 12th man silencing him. Wilson will have the noise while in the shotgun. Rookie Center. Strong pass rush from GB. At the NFCCG, our oline made Green Bay's defense look way better than it was.

Rams made Seattle go to Kearse. Pete even mentioned that they went to Kearse more than they intended to. Rams made them do that. Packers will too. Hopefully, Kearse won't bat the ball up into the air this time. I about screamed at him when he did that last week vs the Rams. Didn't he learn his lesson?

I think Green Bay probably wins this one, but it should be a great game.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
SalishHawkFan":tfkk8wtz said:
The Packers will play angry, but not the Seahawks. They have no chips on their shoulders in this one.

So the fact that almost all the "experts" are picking against them isn't providing any bulletin board material. Every prediction starts with some wishy washy nonsense and ends in Aaron Rodgers is going to torch the Seahawks D without Kam. I think the D will show up in a big way this game. Huge opportunity for a statement game here and they'll rise to the occasion.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I think Bevell is actually going to feed the beast (best). 22+ carries. Seattle will play defense just well enough to keep it close.

I think if Seattle wins, they'll have had some success passing to the middle intermediate. Green Bay's defense is a bit slow in the center without Barrington--I expect Matthews to hover around the LOS most of the time.

The Hawks aren't going to win by relying on 3-yard runs, comebacks and sideline passing lanes. Not a chance. The Pack are going to put up 28+ points. Seattle must stretch the middle of the field a little bit. Marshawn could put up 130 rushing and the 'Hawks still lose.

There has to be a few chunk yardage plays--in this offense, that's either done with playaction, or with pushing those safeties a few steps back so that Marshawn is rattling of a few 15+ yard carries in the second half (and thereby demoralizing the defense). I'd like to see some GD combination routes with Lockett, Baldwin, and Graham.

Bevell is either incompetent at it or reluctant to use route combinations to create space for receivers.

rideaducati

Reaction score
It looks like Graham is going to be going up against a rookie LB... I think Graham has a big game this week.

ptisme

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2fln0n93 said:
ptisme":2fln0n93 said:
... But I think the distractions are every bit as present. Seems there may be some dissention I the locker room with how the organization is treating Kam... I could easily see Seattle folding if they get down early given the state of the locker room...
On what are you basing the "dissention in the locker room" comment? (serious question)
Just listening to Steven A this week. He talks to Kam. Lynch for one appears to be ticked off...

Laloosh

Reaction score
ptisme":10dgic49 said:
hawksfansinceday1":10dgic49 said:
ptisme":10dgic49 said:
Just listening to Steven A this week. He talks to Kam. Lynch for one appears to be ticked off...

I can't help but laugh at this crap. Seriously, the entire locker room is going to be up in arms because the FO won't tear up their contract with Chancellor? Give me a break.

You're exactly the type of listener that he's looking for. Enjoy. If your team loses this week, he'll be saying the same crap about them.

ptisme

Reaction score
Laloosh":27kaxid4 said:
ptisme":27kaxid4 said:
hawksfansinceday1":27kaxid4 said:
ptisme":27kaxid4 said:

I can't help but laugh at this crap. Seriously, the entire locker room is going to be up in arms because the FO won't tear up their contract with Chancellor? Give me a break.

You're exactly the type of listener that he's looking for. Enjoy. If your team loses this week, he'll be saying the same crap about them.
words...........

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ptisme":1f9rid9b said:
hawksfansinceday1":1f9rid9b said:
ptisme":1f9rid9b said:
Steven A doesn't know his ass from his elbow, LOL.

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
We need Marshawn and Russ to have a big rushing performance to keep gb's offense on the sideline and I expect to be pleasantly surprised by our newest back, Fred Jackson. I hope the hawks are ready to stand toe to toe trading haymakers.
If not, could be a long night. These guys have to learn how to win again...here's a good test

Largent80

Reaction score
GB plays a 3 - 4 and one of the three is gone and a relatively un-played dude in his spot. The Hawks must exploit this as well as the GB right tackle. I expect blitzing from them.

On our side we need our LB's to step up their game, and the obvious...Get Lynch rolling.

ptisme

Reaction score
Largent80":2im5v074 said:
GB plays a 3 - 4 and one of the three is gone and a relatively un-played dude in his spot. The Hawks must exploit this as well as the GB right tackle. I expect blitzing from them.

On our side we need our LB's to step up their game, and the obvious...Get Lynch rolling.
The biggest loss as far as the Packers defense is Guilon. He is an immovable object in the run defense...

Latest posts