Game Moved to Tuesday

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3sj8m99r said:
Sgt. Largent":3sj8m99r said:
Scorpion05":3sj8m99r said:
Dan Snyder and the WFT have more pull and are one of the most valuable teams in the league. The Browns ownership also have pull.

More than the the Davis or Lurie family? Those are both longtime old school ownership groups with storied franchises.

You guys are grasping at conspiracy straws. Kronke's had majority ownership in the Rams only since 2010, one of the most transient franchises in the NFL for decades.

THAT'S your poster child owner and franchise for a game being moved conspiracy theory? Jesus man.

Wait, you think the Davis and Lurie family, have more power and influence than the 3rd richest owner in the NFL? For the LA Rams?

Okay man. I'm grasping at conspiracy straws, absolutely no chance of favoritism there because Lurie has as much power as Snyder, Jones, and Kronke. Lurie doesn't even have more influence than John Mara.

Al Davis himself, and many in the Raiders organization have felt that the NFL doesn't respect them for years. The idea of certain owners having more influence than others isn't new. Next you're going to tell me that Robert Kraft wasn't shown any favoritism by the NFL for literally soliciting $ex trafficking in a massage parlor.

None of your nonsensical circular conspiracy logic makes sense to me.

I'm sorry that sports is ruined for you because you believe in baseless conspiracies. The fact is the Rams have almost half their roster unavailable for a game in two days in the middle of an unprecedented pandemic that the league has to change and adapt it's rules in order to get all the games played.

You want to talk about money grubbing owners that don't give a rat's ass about player safety and only care about making sure the TV revenue isn't compromised? I'm all ears.

But when you start with the conspiracy theories with no merit and no logical reasoning for the league to even entertain, God bless your paranoid heart. I feel sorry for you, you must be a nightmare to watch sports with as you're screaming "OMG see it's all fixed!" every 5 minutes when the Hawks get called for a penalty.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
FattyKnuckle":3vh70rie said:
Wait, your going to try and retcon "This is yet another example of media and league bias towards Seattle and the Seahawks that will of course go ignored by people who refuse to acknowledge that bias exists" as a statement that DOESN'T say Seattle is a target?! You literally say the league has a bias towards Seattle.How is that not saying the league targets us?

Saying I am naive is an extremely large jump based on zero evidence. However, based on your posted evidence I have a word for you that I will not say, but I bet you can figure it out. Then again, based on your posting, maybe not. NFL follows the money. Simple as that. They have a lot of marquee players missing from several playoff teams and it's as simple as that. The fact that it's happening to THREE teams ought to be enough evidence for you wailing Susans to see that it has zero to do with anything other than that. Make some space and re-test everyone for a few days before the game and you not only have more players back but it also diminishes the number of players that will be missing next week, which I a sure you didn't even think about. I can just see it now if that were to happen. Any number of you folks would be crying foul that the league deliberately let sick Rams infect Seattle players. Don't even try to pretend it wouldn't show up in here. Is it a modification of the rules set out in July? Sure but those thing happens as worst case scenarios start to unfold. But it is absolutely not evidence of anything concerning a bias against Seattle. PS - when your "evidence" for something is "anyone can see it" instead of, you know, actual evidence... it's a real easy clue that you are pulling out of your persecution fetished backside.

I added a few other over done tropes that appear in this forum, I did not mean to imply that you yourself did all of them. Just casting a net for all uber-oppressed Seahawk fans that the league hates so much they had them scheduled for 4 primetime games.

Wait...you don't think there's a difference between having a bias towards an organization, and targeting? :?

If I'm trying to draft a player, and I focus on players from School A while overlooking players from School B that may have equal talent. Am I targeting School B players, or am I simply showing preferential bias towards players from School A? What are you going to say next? Ivy league schools don't have preference or bias towards legacy admissions and donors? LOL

This doesn't have to be controversial. You're complaining about me calling you naive, but you're overlooking the fact that real, actual media bias exists. Why is it hard to admit that? An LA or NY team will get a lot more coverage and sometimes as a result, more preferential treatment. The Dallas Cowboys gets round the clock ESPN coverage despite winning less than 3 playoff games in 25 years. Bias exists. There's literally no need to argue this very basic point.

The Seahawks, and almost every other Seattle team (the Mariners, the former NBA Sonics) are overlooked. Their stars are often not known that well and if they are, it's because they're big personalities. Not necessarily for their talent alone.

The Eagles, Raiders, and Seahawks getting screwed over the Browns, Rams, and the Washington Football team isn't exactly the point you think it is. Because I never claimed that Seattle was the ONLY overlooked city. But none of those teams, or their fans feels that they're treated and judged fairly by fans or media. Ask Raiders fans...hell ask the late Al Davis how he was treated by the NFL. Your point is getting even weaker here.

You sound like the type of person that requires video evidence of everything. If someone tells you that people with wheel chairs are treated differently, or that people of certain races or religions are treated differently, it sounds like you think all of these life experiences can be quantified in actual statistics. You should be able to reason a little better than that. Similarly, no one has to provide you with a spreadsheet to tell you that for example, the Cowboys get excess media coverage.

Also, your facts are WRONG. The game being postponed to Tuesday means that even MORE Seahawks players could miss Tuesday's game AFTER Monday's testing. They highlighted this on ESPN. So more Rams players can come back healthy, and more Seahawks players can end up missing the Tuesday game. And you don't think there's anything wrong with that, right? I guess because you love dismissing people as whiners, you're incapable of seeing how wrong that is. The Seahawks are not the ones with the Outbreak because the Seahawks took the pandemic seriously.

My "evidence" isn't that "anyone can see it." It's called logic and reasoning. Seattle is not a large media market and does not reap the benefits of "coastal" media coverage. There are some media evidence of Seahawks media coverage, such as here on Statista: https://www.statista.com/statistics/289 ... ewers-usa/. And Sports Media watch does a decent job of it but doesn't always include every game: https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nfl-tv ... ship-2021/

Beyond that, I work from home, and I watch sports media every day. A simple search on Youtube, or simply watching ESPN/FS1 would show you patterns. I don't need to watch Fox News or MSNBC to tell you where those channels lean. And I don't need to list every Seattle Sports athlete in the last 20 years to tell you how many have in fact, been overlooked. Paul Allen literally stopped the team from getting sold. This isn't a narrative, Seattle isn't as important in the national landscape...and Seahawks owners have never had the presence or power of a Robert Kraft, Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder, John Mora, etc. This is basic, elementary level stuff for anyone who understands psychology, media tendencies, and yes..the fact that biases do exist in media and in the NFL. The same NFL that covered up the seriousness of concussions, enforced "Race norming" up until a few months ago, and won't release the rest of the Washington Football Team's emails while ONLY releasing the ones connected to Gruden. Yea, there's totally no chance of favoritism by the NFL who literally just helped the Rams build one of the most expensive stadiums in NFL history. And there's no bias in favor of the Washington Football team, and no bias towards the Raiders.

And the Seahawks are not an overlooked and under respected franchise that can easily be sold by the next owner. Because none of the statistics about the value of the team (before landing a star QB) support that. Right? The NFL treats each and every player, and each and every team fairly and there is no history to contradict this. I am pulling that out of my "persecution fetished backside" apparently because you either want me to do the research for you, or you're incapable of having any nuance in your argument

themunn

Reaction score
You know what, at first i wasn't too bothered about the postponement.

It gives our players an extra 2 days rest and practice to go up against a strong divisional rival on the road - yes it looks like they'll get a lot of their players back, but they'll have been missing practice in the meantime so we should still be at an advantage.

After that it's a home game against a weak Bears team - if it has been the other way around and we had an extra 2 days to prepare for that game and then shortened week for Rams I'd be pretty annoyed about it, but if we're serious that we think the team is good enough to win out and make the playoffs, then a short rest before the Bears shouldn't be the factor that stops us getting there.

On the other hand, the game is on boxing day and the players almost certainly would have been given Saturday off to enjoy Christmas with their families - with two days less practice already, I would think that players now at the very least have to have a half-day practice on Saturday less they be sufficiently prepared for the game. Perhaps they'll get the day off on Saturday anyway, but if we lose you would never hear the end of it.

I think it's unfair on the players who put so much work in over the year to take that away from them on the basis of what's happened to another team.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2t3jpo5e said:
Scorpion05":2t3jpo5e said:
Sgt. Largent":2t3jpo5e said:
Scorpion05":2t3jpo5e said:
Dan Snyder and the WFT have more pull and are one of the most valuable teams in the league. The Browns ownership also have pull.

More than the the Davis or Lurie family? Those are both longtime old school ownership groups with storied franchises.

You guys are grasping at conspiracy straws. Kronke's had majority ownership in the Rams only since 2010, one of the most transient franchises in the NFL for decades.

THAT'S your poster child owner and franchise for a game being moved conspiracy theory? Jesus man.

Wait, you think the Davis and Lurie family, have more power and influence than the 3rd richest owner in the NFL? For the LA Rams?

Okay man. I'm grasping at conspiracy straws, absolutely no chance of favoritism there because Lurie has as much power as Snyder, Jones, and Kronke. Lurie doesn't even have more influence than John Mara.

Al Davis himself, and many in the Raiders organization have felt that the NFL doesn't respect them for years. The idea of certain owners having more influence than others isn't new. Next you're going to tell me that Robert Kraft wasn't shown any favoritism by the NFL for literally soliciting $ex trafficking in a massage parlor.

I'm sorry that sports is ruined for you because you believe in baseless conspiracies. The fact is the Rams have almost half their roster unavailable for a game in two days in the middle of an unprecedented pandemic that the league has to change and adapt it's rules in order to get all the games played.

You want to talk about money grubbing owners that don't give a rat's ass about player safety and only care about making sure the TV revenue isn't compromised? I'm all ears.

But when you start with the conspiracy theories with no merit and no logical reasoning for the league to even entertain, God bless your paranoid heart. I feel sorry for you, you must be a nightmare to watch sports with as you're screaming "OMG see it's all fixed!" every 5 minutes when the Hawks get called for a penalty.

^^^ This. The NFL is simply trying to get the best product out there, and if that means a 2-day delay so fans don't have to sit through a one-sided garbage game, then so be it. If it had to happen to us, then this is the year for it to happen. News Flash: We're 5-8 and we're not going to the Super Bowl this year. We'll be really lucky to sneak into the playoffs as a 7-seed, and lose in round 1 to the Packers or Bucs..

So much whining and complaining and Victim Mentality on this board, The only people with a right to gripe are those who made travel plans this weekend -- and are now stuck. Everyone else should get a life.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Tusc2000":1ut7zlc6 said:
^^^ This. The NFL is simply trying to get the best product out there, and if that means a 2-day delay so fans don't have to sit through a one-sided garbage game, then so be it. If it had to happen to us, then this is the year for it to happen. News Flash: We're 5-8 and we're not going to the Super Bowl this year. We'll be really lucky to sneak into the playoffs as a 7-seed, and lose in round 1 to the Packers or Bucs..

So much whining and complaining and Victim Mentality on this board, The only people with a right to gripe are those who made travel plans this weekend -- and are now stuck. Everyone else should get a life.

I completely agree. The league cares most about one thing: Making money. They do not want any games played with severely compromised rosters, not only from a competitive standpoint but a financial one as well. They don't want the end of this season to look like the strike year of the 80's with replacement players substituting for those that had gone out on strike.

10-4 on the whining and conspiracy theories. Some people have a difficult time accepting the fact that sometimes, shit happens.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Scorpion05":39gi39ar said:
BamKam":39gi39ar said:
Scorpion05":39gi39ar said:
Sgt. Largent":39gi39ar said:
What about the other games that got moved, are there good conspiracy theories for those teams too. Or is it just us?

btw, without Lockett, we got no chance to beat the Rams, with our without covid protocol players.

So you better hope he's available by Tuesday.

BamKam":39gi39ar said:
I knew the anti Seattle tin foil hat conspiracy theories would be coming I just didn't realize it would be so soon.

The NFL released protocols in July, stating that games will not be postponed and that if a team has an outbreak, they risk forfeiting.

The Seattle Seahawks, in response, has been THE MOST RESPONSIBLE TEAM in the league when it comes to Covid. Testing twice as much as any other team, wearing masks at times even in practice. Russell Wilson even tests every day. We have had amongst the fewest positive cases in the league.

Three playoff teams are at risk of forfeit due to massive outbreaks (The Rams, Browns, Washington), and the league reschedules those games at the expense of the Raiders, Eagles, and Seahawks. And you want people to believe that this is all by the book, fully logical, and not based on any bias whatsoever in terms of how those teams are valued in 2021. Okay.

You are absolutely right that the NFL doesn't cater to certain owners and teams, and that there is no evidence of the NFL having a history of bias. It is all tin foil, conspiracy theory stuff.

It is absolutely disgusting that teams who have done things the right way, get zero reward for doing so. And yes, count me as someone who believes Russell Wilson can still perform well even without Lockett. Lockett playing isn't even the point, pretending as if the national media gives a crap about Seattle as a city is laughable. A basketball team is not coming back here, and if the next owner has the chance to sell the Seahawks they will. You should thank Paul Allen for that.

What other biases do we want to pretend doesn't exist in America? Political biases? Social biases? Since every criticism of bias is a conspiracy theory when there's a track record of Seattle getting the short end of the stick in sports. Have a conversation for once instead of dismissing people.

I think the NFL protocols are ridiculous and stupid to begin with but I do not think they have a vandetta against the Seahawks because they are playing a playoff team.

I never said they have a vendetta. I said there is a bias.

Meaning, that Seattle does not have the pull of other teams. Jerry Jones and the Cowboys have more pull for example than Jody Allen. Dan Snyder and the WFT have more pull and are one of the most valuable teams in the league. The Browns ownership also have pull.

The Seahawks are not as respected of a team in the league. They are rarely mentioned in the media unless they're doing really well, and it's not insane to suggest that the NFL wants to make sure the Rams and Chargers are doing more well than not. Doesn't mean they're rooting for them, doesn't mean they hate the Seahawks and want them to fail. It just means that we are not a team that will ever be done favors in situations like this. We have a handful of players with Covid while the other team has over 30. The Seahawks should not have to adjust for that.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1rvnowpc said:
RiverDog":1rvnowpc said:
WmHBonney":1rvnowpc said:
My question? How do we know that the Rams, Browns and WFT followed all of the protocols? If they did not, then these games should have been forfeited. As per the official NFL rules/policies. Also, I too am more concerned with the very short week before the Bears game. What about "player safety" for that game?

The major tool to fight the spread of the disease was vaccinations, and if the league is 95% vaccinated, we can be pretty sure that all the teams are relatively close to that mark.

If it were to come out that the Rams were only 60% vaccinated and the majority of their positives were from unvaccinated individuals, then I'd be outraged that they weren't forced to forfeit the game. But I'm pretty sure that the league looked at that scenario before they made their decision to reschedule the games. From what I understand, nearly all the positives are from vaccinated players.

Yep for us every positive was from a vaxed player (only have one not vaxed).

Also, I think people complaining about this are missing the mark: the Seahawks would not want a forfeit. The players wouldn't be paid.

If give the choice between playing the game Tuesday or losing a game check, I'd bet they would all choose Tuesday. Part of the forfeit rules is that both teams lose the game checks.

And McVay said multiple times that the frustrating thing about this is that the Rams players have followed all the protocols

Since its the vaccinated players testing positive, can the NFL quit the dog and pony show theater attempting to force vaxx coercion? Its an unnecessary distraction now that we are getting clarifying, scientific data in

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hawkpower":y9ypcvqf said:
Since its the vaccinated players testing positive, can the NFL quit the dog and pony show theater attempting to force vaxx coercion? Its an unnecessary distraction now that we are getting clarifying, scientific data in

I don't want to be drawn into another vaccination debate and pollute the thread, but let's just say that your suggestion won't fly. Like it or not, there's no way in hell that the league will walk back their vaccination policy. Besides, over 95% of the league is already fully vaccinated, so even if they did, it would be a moot point.

dav51lin

Reaction score
no normalcy with covid anywhere anytime for the forseable future

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jeremiah":em1pky36 said:
The argument that there is no bias, is that OF COURSE THERE IS BIAS TOWARDS BIGGER MARKET TEAMS. That by definition means it is not truly a sport, but an entertainment vehicle. Some teams are the Globetrotters, the others are the effing idiot honkies who play the target for the fully loaded dream team from BIG CITY USA.

The NFL collects revenue and chops it up equally between all 32 teams. So no, there's no incentive to cater to or have bias toward any team, regardless of market.

The league's only bias is money, as in collect as much of it as possible for the owners. That's why these games are being moved, to give them the best chance of happening without cancel or forfeit. All they care about is every game being played so they don't have to give back TV revenue.

Is it fair? No. But then what business is?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RiverDog":jifttpww said:
Hawkpower":jifttpww said:

I don't want to be drawn into another vaccination debate and pollute the thread, but let's just say that your suggestion won't fly. Like it or not, there's no way in hell that the league will walk back their vaccination policy. Besides, over 95% of the league is already fully vaccinated, so even if they did, it would be a moot point.

The league already had an about face with this decision, walking quite a bit back

They can do whatever they want

Its all about whatever they think the current public perception is surrounding vaccines.

As reality slowly starts to dawn on us all, the NFL will likely follow suit, but you're right, public perception will have to evolve a bit more first

Hawkpower

Reaction score
dav51lin":279v1yxq said:
no normalcy with covid anywhere anytime for the forseable future

There could/can be normalcy. Plenty of people/places/events are normal

It's a choice.

The NFL will have to make theirs

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2z3cx9yf said:
The league already had an about face with this decision, walking quite a bit back

They can do whatever they want

Its all about whatever they think the current public perception is surrounding vaccines.

As reality slowly starts to dawn on us all, the NFL will likely follow suit, but you're right, public perception will have to evolve a bit more first

What may evolve isn't necessarily the public's perception surrounding vaccines, what may evolve is our perception of what "fully vaccinated" means, in other words, booster shots.

That's the data I really want to see, and I'm not even sure that the league is even tracking it: Of the positive tests, how many had received a booster shot at least two weeks before their infection?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3tfei8ti said:

Christ, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Sgt, you are one of the remaining crowning jewels of this place.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
But, what if the Hawks have a bunch of guys on the list say on Thursday or Friday? Too bad? Play or Forfeit?
Not a conspiracy at all, just seems a little too convenient and/or double standards.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":ib6l3l1d said:
But, what if the Hawks have a bunch of guys on the list say on Thursday or Friday? Too bad? Play or Forfeit?
Not a conspiracy at all, just seems a little too convenient and/or double standards.

Well for one, the league just changed all the rules so this doesn't happen again.

Now it's a targeted spot check randomly done by the league, which I assume won't be very often cause they don't want to deal with covid anymore.

But just curious, what's the double standard again? You telling me if the Hawks had almost 30 players in the covid protocol we would have played yesterday?

You guys crack me the hell up. I know every fan base has conspiracy nuts, but I feel like we have far more than the average.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Geezus man, I didn't say it was a conspiracy. I'm saying that over the years, it's clear that certain teams get favored. I don't even know why I bother trying to have a normal conversation on here.
Explain to me why the Rams got moved because of a bunch of guys on the list, but the Hawks get told AHEAD OF TIME that they can't move their game?

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2bscub1y said:
Geezus man, I didn't say it was a conspiracy. I'm saying that over the years, it's clear that certain teams get favored. I don't even know why I bother trying to have a normal conversation on here.
Explain to me why the Rams got moved because of a bunch of guys on the list, but the Hawks get told AHEAD OF TIME that they can't move their game?

I don't know why the league didn't grant the Hawk's request to move their next game, but it's very possible that they did not want to jack around the schedule any more than they had to. They have 3 more weeks and the playoffs to get through and might be forced to change it yet again, and if they agreed to our request, they'd be setting a precedent if other teams decided to seek relief. It's also possible that the Bears didn't want to move the date.

In any event, I'm not going to make the assumption that the reason our request was denied was due to some sort of inherent bias against us or in favor of other teams.