Game Moved to Tuesday

Scorpion05

Reaction score
BamKam":ba8ecctz said:
Scorpion05":ba8ecctz said:
Sgt. Largent":ba8ecctz said:
This is yet another example of media and league bias towards Seattle and the Seahawks that will of course go ignored by people who refuse to acknowledge that bias exists. Pathetic

What about the other games that got moved, are there good conspiracy theories for those teams too. Or is it just us?

btw, without Lockett, we got no chance to beat the Rams, with our without covid protocol players.

So you better hope he's available by Tuesday.

BamKam":ba8ecctz said:
This is yet another example of media and league bias towards Seattle and the Seahawks that will of course go ignored by people who refuse to acknowledge that bias exists. Pathetic

I knew the anti Seattle tin foil hat conspiracy theories would be coming I just didn't realize it would be so soon.

The NFL released protocols in July, stating that games will not be postponed and that if a team has an outbreak, they risk forfeiting.

The Seattle Seahawks, in response, has been THE MOST RESPONSIBLE TEAM in the league when it comes to Covid. Testing twice as much as any other team, wearing masks at times even in practice. Russell Wilson even tests every day. We have had amongst the fewest positive cases in the league.

Three playoff teams are at risk of forfeit due to massive outbreaks (The Rams, Browns, Washington), and the league reschedules those games at the expense of the Raiders, Eagles, and Seahawks. And you want people to believe that this is all by the book, fully logical, and not based on any bias whatsoever in terms of how those teams are valued in 2021. Okay.

You are absolutely right that the NFL doesn't cater to certain owners and teams, and that there is no evidence of the NFL having a history of bias. It is all tin foil, conspiracy theory stuff.

It is absolutely disgusting that teams who have done things the right way, get zero reward for doing so. And yes, count me as someone who believes Russell Wilson can still perform well even without Lockett. Lockett playing isn't even the point, pretending as if the national media gives a crap about Seattle as a city is laughable. A basketball team is not coming back here, and if the next owner has the chance to sell the Seahawks they will. You should thank Paul Allen for that.

What other biases do we want to pretend doesn't exist in America? Political biases? Social biases? Since every criticism of bias is a conspiracy theory when there's a track record of Seattle getting the short end of the stick in sports. Have a conversation for once instead of dismissing people.

I think the NFL protocols are ridiculous and stupid to begin with but I do not think they have a vandetta against the Seahawks because they are playing a playoff team.

I never said they have a vendetta. I said there is a bias.

Meaning, that Seattle does not have the pull of other teams. Jerry Jones and the Cowboys have more pull for example than Jody Allen. Dan Snyder and the WFT have more pull and are one of the most valuable teams in the league. The Browns ownership also have pull.

The Seahawks are not as respected of a team in the league. They are rarely mentioned in the media unless they're doing really well, and it's not insane to suggest that the NFL wants to make sure the Rams and Chargers are doing more well than not. Doesn't mean they're rooting for them, doesn't mean they hate the Seahawks and want them to fail. It just means that we are not a team that will ever be done favors in situations like this. We have a handful of players with Covid while the other team has over 30. The Seahawks should not have to adjust for that.

John63

Reaction score
The bigger question is what happens in Tuesday comes and they are still done 20+ players. At that point they have 3 choices.

1. Reschedule end of year.
2. Just cancel
3. Rames forfeit

1 and 3 are fine

But 2 hurts us alot more than the rams.

BamKam

Reaction score
I was looking forward to seeing the reaction here when McVay won being down 25 players but I guess he will have to win normally now.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
OK does this mean Lockett gets to play?
Could turn out in our favor and more than likely will. God I wish we had Kupp and Budda Baker on our team and Byron Murphy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Scorpion05":29zf3n87 said:
Dan Snyder and the WFT have more pull and are one of the most valuable teams in the league. The Browns ownership also have pull.

More than the the Davis or Lurie family? Those are both longtime old school ownership groups with storied franchises.

You guys are grasping at conspiracy straws. Kronke's had majority ownership in the Rams only since 2010, one of the most transient franchises in the NFL for decades.

THAT'S your poster child owner and franchise for a game being moved conspiracy theory? Jesus man.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":28tfakks said:
Says the guy who is whining about other people whining, in HIS EYES.
Maybe worry about yourself. Clearly people are not supposed to have actual opinions on Dot Negative
Sorry my guy, not even close to similar. Keep the tissue handy.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The league talks the talk but does not walk the walk.

The Rams have been less than careful about COVID yet are rewarded with a delay to allow them to get back to strength and possibly to infect the Seahawks who have been careful and have tested more frequently than the protocols. As a result carefully attempting to protect the players and the staff is not rewarded.

I just hope the Hawks kick their rear ends.

9er4life

Reaction score
jammerhawk":eo5yaqvn said:
The league talks the talk but does not walk the walk.

The Rams have been less than careful about COVID yet are rewarded with a delay to allow them to get back to strength and possibly to infect the Seahawks who have been careful and have tested more frequently than the protocols. As a result care fully attempting to protect the players and the staff is not rewarded.

I just hope the Hawks kick their rear ends.

Why so many of you think its just the Hawks?

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1cgtxg73 said:
FattyKnuckle":1cgtxg73 said:
BamKam":1cgtxg73 said:
Scorpion05":1cgtxg73 said:

I knew the anti Seattle tin foil hat conspiracy theories would be coming I just didn't realize it would be so soon.

Call it what it is, effing pathetic. You know why people think Seattle fans are the whiniest fans? Because we are. Three games get moved but oh no somehow it's anti-Seattle! We'll for sure have our best WR back and the WR corp can make up their missed practices. "Hope we don't have to fight the refs too" after a victory against SF with us clearly getting the benefit of the calls, 3 or 4 primetime games this year and one of the most visible players in the league - but it's wailing and flailing about some bulls_t conspiracy theories that are 100% embarrassing. Whiney little children.

I don't argue about refs, or the actual potential that gambling could influence games. I'm not as naive as you are, but I also don't debate topics like that.

I also don't really care if you call me a whiner. People who complain about any kind of bias in this country (political, racial, social, wealth biases) are dismissed as whiners playing the victim from callous people incapable of having a compassionate debate.

There is a bias towards Seattle sports. Pretending otherwise is to act as if coastal cities care that much about what happens in the mid-west/small towns of America. Or as if there aren't agendas and biases. No one outside of Seattle, cares about this city. I don't live in Seattle, I can confirm that very few people care.

When the Sonics were sold, no one outside of Seattle cared. When Russell Wilson leaves and the Seahawks get sold, no one will care.

Seattle is not a major media city. Pretending as if any discussion of favoritism towards cities and sports teams is wrong is hilarious, actually. There is in fact a history of bias, especially with the NFL and how they deliver punishment, fines, etc. In July, they had a clear Covid policy...teams like the Seahawks followed it to near perfection...and the moment key (and popular) playoff teams are at risk, they switch up their rules. After pressuring players to get vaccinated. Several Seahawks players have tweeted their anger about this (Diggs, Dunlap). KJ Wright on the Raiders is rightly upset, and the Raiders have been getting F'd by the league for quite some time. My point wasn't that the Seahawks are a target, it is that Seahawks players and sports are overlooked and the NFL does not care about accommodating this team. Whether you believe that or not is irrelevant because the actual consequences are there. We are not important in the sports world

Wait, your going to try and retcon "This is yet another example of media and league bias towards Seattle and the Seahawks that will of course go ignored by people who refuse to acknowledge that bias exists" as a statement that DOESN'T say Seattle is a target?! You literally say the league has a bias towards Seattle.How is that not saying the league targets us?

Saying I am naive is an extremely large jump based on zero evidence. However, based on your posted evidence I have a word for you that I will not say, but I bet you can figure it out. Then again, based on your posting, maybe not. NFL follows the money. Simple as that. They have a lot of marquee players missing from several playoff teams and it's as simple as that. The fact that it's happening to THREE teams ought to be enough evidence for you wailing Susans to see that it has zero to do with anything other than that. Make some space and re-test everyone for a few days before the game and you not only have more players back but it also diminishes the number of players that will be missing next week, which I a sure you didn't even think about. I can just see it now if that were to happen. Any number of you folks would be crying foul that the league deliberately let sick Rams infect Seattle players. Don't even try to pretend it wouldn't show up in here. Is it a modification of the rules set out in July? Sure but those thing happens as worst case scenarios start to unfold. But it is absolutely not evidence of anything concerning a bias against Seattle. PS - when your "evidence" for something is "anyone can see it" instead of, you know, actual evidence... it's a real easy clue that you are pulling out of your persecution fetished backside.

I added a few other over done tropes that appear in this forum, I did not mean to imply that you yourself did all of them. Just casting a net for all uber-oppressed Seahawk fans that the league hates so much they had them scheduled for 4 primetime games.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I don't necessarily agree with how the league handled it, but it's apparent that the circumstances have changed. They formulated their policy back in August when the virus was behaving in a certain manner with known measures that controlled it. The point of the policy was to encourage teams to adhere to these measures so as to help their communities control the spread.

Now with the arrival of the omicron variant, it's much more difficult to contain. Vaccines aren't as effective and it's more transmissible. The current policy isn't as relevant as it was back in September, so the league decided not to punish teams for not being able to control the new virus like they were the old one.

It sucks for game ticket holders. Back in September, I was actually thinking about attending the Rams away game, with the thought being that we'd catch Chiefs-Chargers on Thursday then Rams-Hawks the following Sunday. This change would have wreaked havoc on our plans. Last season, moving games around like this was no big deal as there wasn't a lot of fans in the stands anyway. But now, there's tens of thousands of people that are going to be really pissed because of these changes.

flv

Reaction score
Rat":47ycf1un said:
I understand the decision, but I dont like that they aren't postponing our game the following week against the Bears. That seems like a safety issue for us.
The argument is that there's less rest for a Sunday-Thursday turnaround than there is for this Tuesday-Sunday turnaround. An argument could be made for moving the Week 16 game to Monday but it's not a strong argument.

Besides which this is all provisional. There's no guarantee the game will go ahead on Tuesday. I expect covid19 case numbers to increase over the next few days and the game will probably have to be re-scheduled again. That would require a postponement and re-scheduling of the Week 16 games.

flv

Reaction score
LMAO at fans howling about this decision. The NFL made their position clear before the season. It was explained that should the circumstances that caused the Ravens postponements in 2020 happen again in 2021 the NFL would do the same thing and push games back.

snackdaddy

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3dc9b0j6 said:
Sgt. Largent":3dc9b0j6 said:

What about the other games that got moved, are there good conspiracy theories for those teams too. Or is it just us?

btw, without Lockett, we got no chance to beat the Rams, with our without covid protocol players.

BamKam":3dc9b0j6 said:

The NFL released protocols in July, stating that games will not be postponed and that if a team has an outbreak, they risk forfeiting.

The Seattle Seahawks, in response, has been THE MOST RESPONSIBLE TEAM in the league when it comes to Covid. Testing twice as much as any other team, wearing masks at times even in practice. Russell Wilson even tests every day. We have had amongst the fewest positive cases in the league.

Three playoff teams are at risk of forfeit due to massive outbreaks (The Rams, Browns, Washington), and the league reschedules those games at the expense of the Raiders, Eagles, and Seahawks. And you want people to believe that this is all by the book, fully logical, and not based on any bias whatsoever in terms of how those teams are valued in 2021. Okay.

You are absolutely right that the NFL doesn't cater to certain owners and teams, and that there is no evidence of the NFL having a history of bias. It is all tin foil, conspiracy theory stuff.

It is absolutely disgusting that teams who have done things the right way, get zero reward for doing so. And yes, count me as someone who believes Russell Wilson can still perform well even without Lockett. Lockett playing isn't even the point, pretending as if the national media gives a crap about Seattle as a city is laughable. A basketball team is not coming back here, and if the next owner has the chance to sell the Seahawks they will. You should thank Paul Allen for that.

What other biases do we want to pretend doesn't exist in America? Political biases? Social biases? Since every criticism of bias is a conspiracy theory when there's a track record of Seattle getting the short end of the stick in sports. Have a conversation for once instead of dismissing people.

The Rams did everything right. All cases were vaccinated players. The league made it clear that forfeit was possible if players were not vaccinated. Not to mention some of the cases were false positives.

If you were hoping for a depleted roster or forfeit, that's pretty weak. Sounds like you think its the only way you can win.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":12rw1dqe said:
Scorpion05":12rw1dqe said:

Grr. You have an excellent point about Lockett. In my blind rage I missed that ;)

Thank you.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
FattyKnuckle":1rw1ing8 said:
BamKam":1rw1ing8 said:
Scorpion05":1rw1ing8 said:

Call it what it is, effing pathetic. You know why people think Seattle fans are the whiniest fans? Because we are. Three games get moved but oh no somehow it's anti-Seattle! We'll for sure have our best WR back and the WR corp can make up their missed practices. "Hope we don't have to fight the refs too" after a victory against SF with us clearly getting the benefit of the calls, 3 or 4 primetime games this year and one of the most visible players in the league - but it's wailing and flailing about some bulls_t conspiracy theories that are 100% embarrassing. Whiney little children.

Did you just get here or something?

Really? Yea, I get it, the tinfoil hat stuff gets old. BUT, it's also 50% ******* right. ;)

I'd list the important games that we got jobbed in in the last 10 years - but I don't have the patience - and there have been a couple this season. But, but - you remember XL, right, dontcha?

Yea, and I get it, sometimes it swings the other way. Just wish it would happen more often.

Until then - sure, if it gives you some comfort - pretend that we're cut the same breaks as the Pats and the Pack (and the Rams). Whatever floats your boat. Remember Rodgers a few weeks ago saying "**** you" to the world about covid - and they did NOTHING?

THAT is how fair the situation is. Hopefully we get Lockett back. I hope we beat them so badly that SoFi pulls their sponsorship of the new 5 Billion dollar baby!!!!

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Scorpion05":36fm247a said:
Sgt. Largent":36fm247a said:

BamKam":36fm247a said:

AMEN. ^^^^ This - mostly.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
My question? How do we know that the Rams, Browns and WFT followed all of the protocols? If they did not, then these games should have been forfeited. As per the official NFL rules/policies. Also, I too am more concerned with the very short week before the Bears game. What about "player safety" for that game?

Latest posts