Game day 1

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
So overall, what was your opinion of the game? How did the team look in general? How was the competition? One thing I noticed in XFL V.2 before COVID shut it down is that it was highly enjoyable for an NFL alternative versus the crap fest which was XFL V.1.

For one, the quality of play is so much better. It can truly become a viable farm system for the NFL.

I hope third time is a charm. For us pro football addicts it’s a nice distraction between the Super Bowl and Preseason.
IMO, overall, a solid weekend of American football. The refs are gonna need to get some kinks out though, hopefully they get better as the season progresses.

Every game felt fun & competitive, except maybe the St. Louis/San Antonio game, that was was kinda boring up until those last 2 minutes, which goes to show how much things can change with the xfl rules.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the synopsis! I’m not sure how much influence The Rock has on the league from a practical perspective but I remain hopeful this league can finally gain some footing.

There’s a lot to like about the premise of the XFL. They just need to keep their legs for more than a season.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
So overall, what was your opinion of the game? How did the team look in general? How was the competition? One thing I noticed in XFL V.2 before COVID shut it down is that it was highly enjoyable for an NFL alternative versus the crap fest which was XFL V.1.

For one, the quality of play is so much better. It can truly become a viable farm system for the NFL.

I hope third time is a charm. For us pro football addicts it’s a nice distraction between the Super Bowl and Preseason.

Choice of 1, 2 or 3 point conversions keeps games close. The transparent Reffing is also a positive. The Sea Dragons 96 got flagged For punching someone and they show Blandino going over the tape to say yeah, he punched the receiver in the stomach right there.

The quality of play was like preseason, unsurprising as most of the men have Been in nfl camp before.

Single games start at about 20 bucks and all the seats are good too

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I’m really looking forward to evaluating qbs come the Thursday game.

Like most, we carried Three qbs including Sean Mannion off Minnesota’s ps. He hasn’t gotten a camp contract signaling that we are moving on. Could aj mccerron be our no 3 at ps?

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I will be following off and on, will be fun to check-in week 6 or so and see who the standouts are

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm a football junkie so I'll root on the home team as I did in 2020 and hope it can last more than a season this time. Even if their new logo looks like a 5th grader designed it.

:sneaky:

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The Broncos orange uniforms coming to Lumen are unfortunate. Especially if it’s with a qb that turns it over three times in a half.

Latest posts