FOX/ESPN Banner

Big T

Reaction score
So this is admittedly an 'anal' observation but why does the ESPN banner at the bottom say MNF and/or Monday Night Football. Last I checked, it was Thursday.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I believe because it's the Monday Night crew calling this game (even though it's on a Thursday)

ruffENrowdy

Reaction score
Probably something to do with nfl network owning thursday night for thr most part. They probably should have said 'monday night football on thursday' or something.

fullquartpress

Reaction score
So this is admittedly an 'anal' observation but why does the ESPN banner at the bottom say MNF and/or Monday Night Football. Last I checked, it was Thursday.

It's because ESPN has become totally corrupt.
They're so dishonest that they can't tell the truth, even for something as obvious as the day of the week..

Torc

Reaction score
The TV listings showed it as monday night football as well. The name of the show is "Monday Night Football" regardless of what day it is shown on, just like any other show wouldn't change the name just because it was shown on a different night. Probably because Amazon gets to broadcast Thursday Night Football, they couldn't call it that. It's all about the rights with the NFL.

Rat

Reaction score
It's a brand name. It's like how there are 600 teams in the Big 10 now.