Four "great" safeties.

Pick two Seahawks safeties as a starting duo.

• Kenny Easley

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • Earl Thomas

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • Kam Chancellor

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • Jamal Adams

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • I can't believe you didn't mention ____

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3kvq5t6w said:
Yep. Earl is the perfect free, in my mind. Rangy, gets to the ball in a hurry, and has that "it" factor. He could have been a great corner, too. He's the locked in choice for me.

The real choice, for me, comes in with picking the safety to accompany him. But, why mess with what is one of the best safety tandems to ever do it? No disrespect to Easley, who was otherworldly good... but a bird in hand is worth two in the bush, and there's no reason to try to improve on a close to perfect duo.

That said... boy, I'd love to see a prime Earl and prime Easley tandem work together.

That was my vote, too. I would love to see them play together, though if I had to choose today between a player like Easley or Kam, it would be a hard decision.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3umhqcpg said:
LargentFan":3umhqcpg said:
Maelstrom787":3umhqcpg said:
Earl and Kam.

I'm taking the sure thing. We've seen it, we know how it worked out, and I'm not gonna mess with success - regardless of how great the other two are.
I agree with you. I honestly think Earl Thomas is underrated as a player. Everyone acknowledges that he's great, but I put him in the top five all-time at the position.

Yep. Earl is the perfect free, in my mind. Rangy, gets to the ball in a hurry, and has that "it" factor. He could have been a great corner, too. He's the locked in choice for me.

The real choice, for me, comes in with picking the safety to accompany him. But, why mess with what is one of the best safety tandems to ever do it? No disrespect to Easley, who was otherworldly good... but a bird in hand is worth two in the bush, and there's no reason to try to improve on a close to perfect duo.

That said... boy, I'd love to see a prime Earl and prime Easley tandem work together.
Having an Easley in his hay-day was LIKE having two guys out there making extraordinary plays, AND in fact, there was an announcer who ACTUALLY asked, " Are There Two Guys Out There Wearing The Number 45 Jersey? :lol:

chris98251

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1jipmnwl said:
Maelstrom787":1jipmnwl said:
LargentFan":1jipmnwl said:
Maelstrom787":1jipmnwl said:
Earl and Kam.

I'm taking the sure thing. We've seen it, we know how it worked out, and I'm not gonna mess with success - regardless of how great the other two are.
I agree with you. I honestly think Earl Thomas is underrated as a player. Everyone acknowledges that he's great, but I put him in the top five all-time at the position.

Having an Easley in his hay-day was LIKE having two guys out there making extraordinary plays, AND in fact, there was an announcer who ACTUALLY asked, " Are There Two Guys Out There Wearing The Number 45 Jersey? :lol:

Kenny was not quite as fast as Earl, quick yes, smarter yes, that step Earl had in foot speed possibly would easily be negated by how smart Ken was as well. That and nobody would go where he was or Kam, like I said if you had Browner on the other Corner could you see them trying to pick on Sherman.

Own The West

Reaction score
Easley and Kam.

Earl was weak in the tackle. He'd shoulder chuck guys, but not wrap up. If Easley got his hands on you, it was over.
Also, Earl is small and can't cover big WR/TE.

That said, I think Adams will eclipse Kam. Kam only played at a high level for ~4 years. Adams and Diggs may make us all think it's 2013 again...

blkhwk

Reaction score
Easley said in an interview around HOF time that his best position was FS.

That 84 secondary as a whole was very good. Dave Brown and Keith Simpson starting at corner and Easley and Jon Harris at the safety spots. IIRC Simpson was the SS when Easley was drafted and moved to corner......

For those of you too young to remember (or maybe not even born), they would bring in 8 DB's at times with three DL's and the DB's blitz from every angle..... very "Bandit-esqe" I would encourage anyone to go find some of the 84 team's games on youtube.

irfuben32

Reaction score
I have deep love for Kam and Earl but I am going to have to go with Adams and Easley.

I feel like they are more versatile. Earl and Kam are specialized. Adams and Easley can legitimately be monsters at either safety position. This would allow you to keep the D guessing more.

acer1240

Reaction score
irfuben32":3hianile said:
I have deep love for Kam and Earl but I am going to have to go with Adams and Easley.

I feel like they are more versatile. Earl and Kam are specialized. Adams and Easley can legitimately be monsters at either safety position. This would allow you to keep the D guessing more.

I agree. Easley was a beast. Adam's actually reminds me of him. We are lucky to have had both.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I'm late to this party. But you wanna talk about four great safeties? I see this list is missing two lethal sets of running mates from years past. Reggie Tongue and Marcus Robertson, and Deon Grant and Brian Russell. :sarcasm_off:

Latest posts