Four Big Plays...

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
So I am sick of the media talking about the 49ers win over the Hawks in San Francisco being proof of their great superiority.

I will be surprised if any "expert" outside of the PNW even takes the Hawks. because of that loss.

What those guys do not realize is that the Seahawks were playing with a new secondary that game, on the road, and Russell Wilson threw for more yards with a higher completion percentage than Kaepernick.

That win came down to 4 big plays....

1. The Wilson Fumble that lead to a Field Goal.

2. The Blocked Punt which lead to a Field Goal.

3. The one completion that Sherman had good coverage on but Boldin bobbled then caught for 20 yds which set up a 48 yard field goal.

4. The 4th quarter 51 yard TD run by Gore.

The 49ers scored 16 points on those big plays. Its not as if they sustained huge successful drives to punch it in. And yet, they won by a small margin and even when they scored they did it with 52 and 48 yard field goals.

In other words, even in the niners barn, the Hawks lost primarily due to some mistakes that we don't often seem them make at C-link.

Don't believe the forty whiner hype machine.

The Hawks are still the better team.

willyum

Reaction score
its definitely going to be game of the year in my book. when this season started i was praying for a SEA-SF championship game

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
To add to that, we lost a big completion to Tate on a bit of a ticky-tack offensive PI call. We lost a huge run by Lynch on a facemasking call (legit) on Robinson. Rather than first downs in Niner territory the Hawks had to punt. We have to eliminate or at least limit those penalties

CANHawk

Reaction score
hey, to be the man, you gotta beat the man. as far as the NFC goes SF is still the man, so i say bring it. love the challenge. i agree with the OP; SF had to get pretty lucky to (barely) beat us in the regular season, and i say their luck runs out in the clink. Kap is going to look as lost and confused as ever, and this just may be the day we FINALLY see Harbaugh stroke out live on TV.

its going to be hella fun...

RichNhansom

Reaction score
That game is totally different if they just let us challenge the fumble. Changing that call so it was unchangeable was the officials tilting the field. Hopefully now that the NFL got what it wanted a Niners vs Seahawk championship game, they let the teams decide the outcome and not them.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I hope we get the bounces this time around. If Seattle gets all the bounces, it's a 37-14 type game. But we have to at least limit stupid penalties.

I'm hoping that Greg Roman outsmarts himself again and forgets that Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter are on his team too.

Weadoption

Reaction score
No past game matters for squat at this point.
This all comes down to the better game plan and heart.
Who is gonna wilt first?

Latest posts