Forget surprise successes - let's guess surprise failures

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Marvin49":tnb5c4ll said:
RichNhansom":tnb5c4ll said:
Just watched the youtube clip and for all the Niners complaining about missed FG's they sure like to ignore that delay of game penalty that was called on a snap likely less than a half second after zero on a made field goal that would have seen the Rams sweep them last year and dropped them to the #5 seed and put us at the #2 seed.

If that weren't in Candlestick I doubt that call gets made, it was that close. Hell in SBXL the officials didn't call a single delay of game on the Steelers and there were a few times that clock was at zero for multiple seconds.

Absolutely sucks that the season came down to that one call right there. Half a second sooner and we would probably have been in the super bowl.

Game of inches.

OK, I just watched the end of regulation and there were 6 seconds left on the play clock when Akers tied the game. What are you talking about?

The delay of game was in OT. No call and you lose, are swept and drop to the 5 seed.

Geidi is correct that Amendola played in that game, it was the game you lost to them that he didn't play in and Jackson only had 48 yards.

As for Geidi comparing that call to the fail mary, he needs to do his research. The call was upheld in the replay booth and not by scabs and later confirmed by the NFL to be a correct call. Jumping on a band wagon to prove a point is ridiculous. It's not like I used some straw man argument to explain why you could have easily been swept and dropped to the 5 seed where you would have had to play on the road in Washington and if you won there would have had another 10:00am east coast game and considering the only team you could beat at 10:00am was the Jets, I think it is safe to say you don't win in Atlanta either.

You could easily make the argument if you had to play NE or GB at the normal 10:00am start time, you also wouldn't have been the #2 seed. Just saying.

candyman4881

Reaction score
I dont want to continue to hijack this thread, but Amendola played an big part in the tie game in San Francisco, and would have had about 70 more yards in receiving yards after the first play in OT when Brandon Gibson (also a former Ram) did not line up on the line on the OTHER side of the field, causing 5 men in the backfield, and erasing a 70+ yard gain to the Niners 6 yard line and almost guaranteeing a loss for the Niners in that game - not too many outside of St Louis talk about that play, but that was a critical error.

Back to the topic on hand - I think that Flacco takes a step back this year, as his numbers have been on par with Sam Bradford's last year, however with Boldin being traded away and Pitta being hurt, that does not bode well for him.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Seahawk fans caring about the rams, is like the Cardinals caring about the Mariners. Stop posting so much stupid crap about a team that will be .500.

candyman4881

Reaction score
Marvin49":2y2tx0sy said:
RichNhansom":2y2tx0sy said:
Just watched the youtube clip and for all the Niners complaining about missed FG's they sure like to ignore that delay of game penalty that was called on a snap likely less than a half second after zero on a made field goal that would have seen the Rams sweep them last year and dropped them to the #5 seed and put us at the #2 seed.

If that weren't in Candlestick I doubt that call gets made, it was that close. Hell in SBXL the officials didn't call a single delay of game on the Steelers and there were a few times that clock was at zero for multiple seconds.

Absolutely sucks that the season came down to that one call right there. Half a second sooner and we would probably have been in the super bowl.

Game of inches.

OK, I just watched the end of regulation and there were 6 seconds left on the play clock when Akers tied the game. What are you talking about?

I believe he is talking about the Rams kicker Greg Zuerlein's FG in OT where he made a 52 yarder, but was called for delay of game, and then backed up 5 yards and the kick was no good.

Marvin49

Reaction score
candyman4881":rwnlhpl0 said:
Marvin49":rwnlhpl0 said:
RichNhansom":rwnlhpl0 said:

Game of inches.

I believe he is talking about the Rams kicker Greg Zuerlein's FG in OT where he made a 52 yarder, but was called for delay of game, and then backed up 5 yards and the kick was no good.

AHHHH.

That makes more sense. ;-)

OP
OP
Smelly McUgly

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
So we got a 49ers/Rams slapfight out of this instead?

How did the Rams even get brought up here? I said SURPRISE failures. The 49ers would qualify as a surprise failure if they went 8-8 and missed the playoffs. For the Rams, that would be an overwhelming success. Come on!

pehawk

Reaction score
Thanks Rams and 49er fans! I'm so done with our NFL forum being dominated by these asshats. And I'm tired of Seahawks fans encouraging it too.

Be better, a-holes.

rideaducati

Reaction score
The fraudy niners. Their ineptitude from the front office down will start to show. The media might even pick up on the fact that Baalke's first draft, which was great, was with someone else's draft board. In the two drafts since, two starters his first year and only one player saw the field from his second. Baalke also put a third rounder's name into an envelope prior to drafting him in the first round and niner fans were SOOOO excited because Baalke got the guy he wanted. How is that working out?

NinerBuff

Reaction score
rideaducati":3el46wu8 said:
The fraudy niners. Their ineptitude from the front office down will start to show. The media might even pick up on the fact that Baalke's first draft, which was great, was with someone else's draft board. In the two drafts since, two starters his first year and only one player saw the field from his second. Baalke also put a third rounder's name into an envelope prior to drafting him in the first round and niner fans were SOOOO excited because Baalke got the guy he wanted. How is that working out?

most of us were like :34853_doh: AJ JENKINS!?! WTH... I really wanted Stephen Hill / Reuben Randle / Alshon Jeffrey, but what can you do?

These preseason games will be vital for AJ to prove he isn't a complete loss... we'll see. My hopes aren't too high. I think you're significantly underselling our 2011 draft, but whatever, doesn't matter.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":1nayr7ky said:

Jeez. SMDH. I love that revisionist history.

It cracks me up how Seattle fans give Baalke no credit for the 2010 draft...as if he flew in the night before the draft and just used Scots board. Baalke was Scots right hand man and was instrumental in BUILDING that board...particularly becaue Scot was too busy getting himself hammered all the time. Lets not forget he was removed from his position because he was a freakin alcaholic.

Moreover, it was Baalke in the big chair making all of the decisions on draft day...and he did great.

Only two starters from the 2011 draft? Wow. That really sucks. Wait....who are they? Aldon Smith and Colin Kaepernick. One was just selected by his peers as the 7th best player in the entire NFL and has more sacks through 2 seasons than any player in NFL history. The other was selected 81st by his peers after playing only 7 NFL regular season games and took the 49ers to the SB in his 10th start. Wow. What a crappy draft. Also taken that day were Kendall Hunter (#2 RB was averaging over 5 yards per carry before he got hurt), Chris Culliver (played well all year before falling back in the playoffs last year), and Bruce Miller, a Pro Bowl alternate FB. Oh wait...that would be THREE starters. BTW, Daniel Kilgore is challenging Goodwin and may start at Center this year. That would be FOUR starters.

2012? Lost in the Seattle joy of a "blown draft" is the fact that the 49ers selected injured players (getting them lower in the draft than they could otherwise) and traded for picks in 2013 because they had very few holes and knew that they wouldn't all make the team. That's why at one point they had FIFTEEN picks this year. AJ Jenkins was a disappointment last year. No question...but the way people come to the conclusion that the entire draft was a wash based on that 1 pick is ridiculous. LaMichael James is a keeper. Joe Looney is healthy this year and will make the team. Sadly, Darius Fleming has torn his ACL twice now. Cam Johnson is challenging for playing time.

2013? Hey....now the Niners have started USING those picks they traded for in 2012. If THIS class flames out, then you have a case. Otherwise, you're full of it. I'm sure tho people will do so just because Tank Carradine and Marcus Lattimore weren't very productive as rookies. What bums. Its not like they were only available in the spots they were drafted do to injury. Wait...wha?

Oh..and BTW...the Niners will either have a 1, 2 2's and 3 3's next year or a 1, a 2, and FOUR 3's depending on the Chiefs record.

Yeah...Baalke man...totally clueless. LOL.

Sorry all other Seahawk fans. I don't mean to keep taking it off topic...but the stuff I read sometimes is just ludicrous.

ON TOPIC: I'm gonna add a bit of a surprise one.....

Denver. I think Peyton is gonna get hurt.

mretrade

Reaction score
Just wait until a few years from now you look back at this last draft. Tank Carradine, Lattimore, Eric Reid all could be absolute studs.
Can you imagine Tank/Justin Smith next year? Gonna be nice. I also really like Corey Lemonier and think he can contribute in the rotation with Ahmad Brooks. I feel like the Niners are built to be deadly in 2-3 years. Just need to establish the corners of the future.

candyman4881

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":31avu4is said:
Who's coaching the Lions now?

Jim Schwartz

I disagree with the Lions winning the division - their O-Line and Secondary will prevent them from winning the division

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":3him0xjm said:
rideaducati":3him0xjm said:

Jeez. SMDH. I love that revisionist history.

It cracks me up how Seattle fans give Baalke no credit for the 2010 draft...as if he flew in the night before the draft and just used Scots board. Baalke was Scots right hand man and was instrumental in BUILDING that board...particularly becaue Scot was too busy getting himself hammered all the time. Lets not forget he was removed from his position because he was a freakin alcaholic.

Moreover, it was Baalke in the big chair making all of the decisions on draft day...and he did great.

Only two starters from the 2011 draft? Wow. That really sucks. Wait....who are they? Aldon Smith and Colin Kaepernick. One was just selected by his peers as the 7th best player in the entire NFL and has more sacks through 2 seasons than any player in NFL history. The other was selected 81st by his peers after playing only 7 NFL regular season games and took the 49ers to the SB in his 10th start. Wow. What a crappy draft. Also taken that day were Kendall Hunter (#2 RB was averaging over 5 yards per carry before he got hurt), Chris Culliver (played well all year before falling back in the playoffs last year), and Bruce Miller, a Pro Bowl alternate FB. Oh wait...that would be THREE starters. BTW, Daniel Kilgore is challenging Goodwin and may start at Center this year. That would be FOUR starters.

2012? Lost in the Seattle joy of a "blown draft" is the fact that the 49ers selected injured players (getting them lower in the draft than they could otherwise) and traded for picks in 2013 because they had very few holes and knew that they wouldn't all make the team. That's why at one point they had FIFTEEN picks this year. AJ Jenkins was a disappointment last year. No question...but the way people come to the conclusion that the entire draft was a wash based on that 1 pick is ridiculous. LaMichael James is a keeper. Joe Looney is healthy this year and will make the team. Sadly, Darius Fleming has torn his ACL twice now. Cam Johnson is challenging for playing time.

2013? Hey....now the Niners have started USING those picks they traded for in 2012. If THIS class flames out, then you have a case. Otherwise, you're full of it. I'm sure tho people will do so just because Tank Carradine and Marcus Lattimore weren't very productive as rookies. What bums. Its not like they were only available in the spots they were drafted do to injury. Wait...wha?

Oh..and BTW...the Niners will either have a 1, 2 2's and 3 3's next year or a 1, a 2, and FOUR 3's depending on the Chiefs record.

Yeah...Baalke man...totally clueless. LOL.

Sorry all other Seahawk fans. I don't mean to keep taking it off topic...but the stuff I read sometimes is just ludicrous.

ON TOPIC: I'm gonna add a bit of a surprise one.....

Denver. I think Peyton is gonna get hurt.

It's not my problem that you don't like the facts. If you go back and look at McLoughan's drafts, they were pretty good. Baalke on his own? Not so much.

Drafting rookies coming in with injuries that will hold them out for their entire rookie season just means that they'll play like rookies when they finally do play. With ALL those draft picks, maybe Baalke can pick up even more injured guys that won't see the field for a year which would basically put him a draft behind EVERY year. Or, he could dupe niner fans into thinking he is great because he has more picks to finally hit on...you know, blind squirrel finding a nut.

From what I have seen, he has gleaned notoriety for a draft that may or may not have been with his own draft board but when it is KNOWN to be his own he hasn't done much.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The lions are a difficult team to peg. The D-line is so good that it is stunning how bad the linebackers and secondary can be. The pass game can be devastating or a yards only machine. That team is so ready to quit on the run game that they get one dimensional far too easily, and throwing Bush at the problem will not fix it.

One thing, even if they win a dozen and make the playoffs, they will not go far. Too one dimensional.

Latest posts