Following the Game Forum is pain in the butt

mikeak

Reaction score
I am not upset about it. Just pointing out that it is ironic

I think there are a ton of positive posts. Thenissuenis a first down leaves the ball with Seattle. The worst calls leads to turnovers, opponent keeping it or commercial due to change of possessions. My point is I think it is directly tied to the time you have to post before play is going again

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's just human nature. People become anchored to strong opinions once they air them publicly. Further events are then used to justify those same opinions regardless of reality.

The streaming chat with no permanence could avoid that effect somewhat, but the gameday forum is hopeless in that same way that most other alternatives are. The best way to manage that is not to play; make your reaction comments in real life to friends and family and there's a much smaller chance you'll be defending something stupid down the road.

It is a shame that the gameday forum overreactions have increasingly spread to the main forum over the years. It's becoming rare to see anything interesting here.

olyfan63

Reaction score
AgentDib":3gze8oz8 said:
It's just human nature. People become anchored to strong opinions once they air them publicly. Further events are then used to justify those same opinions regardless of reality.

The streaming chat with no permanence could avoid that effect somewhat, but the gameday forum is hopeless in that same way that most other alternatives are. The best way to manage that is not to play; make your reaction comments in real life to friends and family and there's a much smaller chance you'll be defending something stupid down the road.

It is a shame that the gameday forum overreactions have increasingly spread to the main forum over the years. It's becoming rare to see anything interesting here.

Once again, AgentDib FTW.

All the repetitive negative whining posts, especially about Pete, or Schotty's playcalling, really clutter things up. Which then generates the repetitive counter-point posts. In the end, little to nothing gets learned, and it crowds out topics where it's possible to actually learn something new, instead of just repeating entrenched opinions.

It is amusing seeing who the Knee-jerk Negative Nellies are though. You'd think people would have learned to keep an even keel by now. Or not; I mean, the intense and immediate emotional reactions people have is part of the charm of the game.

I think it's possible to ignore specific posters during game-day, like on regular .NET, but I haven't tried it.
Like Mikeak. He's always so negative. Just Kidding!! Mikeak usually has interesting and constructive posts. But if someone didn't like his constant excessive optimism, or whatever, maybe it hurts their eyes that he doesn't capitalize AK at the end of his name, ignore in GameDay could be an option for them.

Anyone tried that feature in GameDay to know for sure?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Stop whining you sissy. The game day thread is for the thick-skinned so If you can’t handle the heat stay out. Yea WE used to have a GREAT chat but no one bothered to fix it. Bummer.

BHawk28

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3bd7k79i said:
Stop whining you sissy. The game day thread is for the thick-skinned so If you can’t handle the heat stay out. Yea WE used to have a GREAT chat but no one bothered to fix it. Bummer.
can you bother fixing yourself? I could help

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't bother with game day forums or the like. It does me zero favors. I have a hard enough time watching the game live let alone listening to a bunch of debbie downers. No. Thanks.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
This wouldn't be .net if there weren't a bunch of posters bitching about other posters.

Just treat the game day forum like you would a bunch of people watching the game at a bar and talking. And frankly, that is what it is for me as there are no football fans I watch games with.

So, you'll always get hot takes. Big celebrations. On going complaints.

Just stop bitching about your fellow fans. We keep the hot takes THERE so they don't spill over to HERE where the conversation is more thoughtful and less in the moment.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3aayksq4 said:
This wouldn't be .net if there weren't a bunch of posters b!@ch about other posters.

Just treat the game day forum like you would a bunch of people watching the game at a bar and talking. And frankly, that is what it is for me as there are no football fans I watch games with.

So, you'll always get hot takes. Big celebrations. On going complaints.

Just stop b!@ch about your fellow fans. We keep the hot takes THERE so they don't spill over to HERE where the conversation is more thoughtful and less in the moment.

Exactly. Our game day threads are just your proverbial bar--they are vehicles for people to put in their own impressions at the moment. Such threads aren't kept for archiving--if there's room for significant discussion, that tends to move to the main forum immediately postgame.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":1pn23duo said:
The game day forum is meant as a place for people isto vent during the game. Both positive and negative emotions are heightened by in game situations. There is a select group who pretty much only post negatively and don’t show up until there is something bad to say but there’s plenty of virtual high fives as well. I recommend just pick and choose your threads depending on what you’re looking for
This!

mikeak

Reaction score
olyfan63":3kdxnufb said:
AgentDib":3kdxnufb said:

Once again, AgentDib FTW.

All the repetitive negative whining posts, especially about Pete, or Schotty's playcalling, really clutter things up. Which then generates the repetitive counter-point posts. In the end, little to nothing gets learned, and it crowds out topics where it's possible to actually learn something new, instead of just repeating entrenched opinions.

It is amusing seeing who the Knee-jerk Negative Nellies are though. You'd think people would have learned to keep an even keel by now. Or not; I mean, the intense and immediate emotional reactions people have is part of the charm of the game.

I think it's possible to ignore specific posters during game-day, like on regular .NET, but I haven't tried it.
Like Mikeak. He's always so negative. Just Kidding!! Mikeak usually has interesting and constructive posts. But if someone didn't like his constant excessive optimism, or whatever, maybe it hurts their eyes that he doesn't capitalize AK at the end of his name, ignore in GameDay could be an option for them.

Anyone tried that feature in GameDay to know for sure?

LOL

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Without the Game Day Forum it would be almost impossible to post "Neener neener!" in real time to somebody who earlier called out a good player as being a waste of oxygen. :mrgreen: