First Uniform Thread of 2013...

Should the Seahawks change their helmets to silver?

• Oh HELL yes! Silver helmets like old school...ROCKS.

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Nope. Love the blue helmets. Don't change what works.

Votes: 72 50.0%
  • I want both! Can't we have an alternate helmet like some teams do?

Votes: 61 42.4%

• Total voters

hawker84

Reaction score
i like the blue, and the shade of blue better than the dull grey bluish whatever that color was.. but looking at the silver helmet in your picture Aros, that does look pretty sweet, but only with the grey...

white on white - blue helmet
white on blue - blue helmet
blue on blue - blue helmet
all wolf grey - silver helmet

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
RockHawk":37srp7f5 said:
Aros, you are officially off my christmas card list.

LOL! But look at the creative designs that have already been offered up in this thread! :stirthepot:

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
The silver with the white/gray uniforms looks pretty badass to me. I'd love that as an alternate, and there's no way in hell the league should say no to that. Other teams have 50 million different uniforms they wear all the damned time.

And place me riding shotgun on the bus driving to see us wearing throwback uniforms at least a couple of times next year.

dunceface

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":23mhg1z2 said:
The silver with the white/gray uniforms looks pretty badass to me. I'd love that as an alternate, and there's no way in hell the league should say no to that. Other teams have 50 million different uniforms they wear all the damned time.

And place me riding shotgun on the bus driving to see us wearing throwback uniforms at least a couple of times next year.

THROWBACKS!!!!!!! :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I kind of wish we could be the NFL version of Oregon and have like 8 different uniforms a year.

muxpux

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1ytuh7c4 said:
"I want both! Can't we have an alternate helmet like some teams do?"

WTF? Name a team that has an alternate helmet.

Coaches group 090321 SWIDE

im pretty sure well be allowed to wear our throwback helmet with our throwback uniforms. it wouldnt look right otherwise. but yeah, as far as just a straight up alternate helmet. no.

Starrman44

Reaction score
I think the League needs to loosen up a little. I see no problem with teams having alternate helmets. It would be cool to see what kind of a Silver/Gray helmet they could come up with. I wouldn't mind seeing something with some kind of texture to it (like the carbon fiber helmet Oregon has).

I love uniform threads.

Also, I love our new threads. I come from a different generation I guess. When I was a kid I had generic shoes for a while. I was proud to finally have a big 'ol swoosh on my shoes.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has realize this yet. Take away the neon green from our jerseys and they look very similar to Dallas Cowboys colors. I've even seen some Nike Hawks jackets that I'm fairly certain were the same they used for Dallas, just with the Hawks logo on them. You really want to add a silver helmet to that?

I get the nostalgia factor. It's the same with when old people tell you how much better their music way back in the day. But just say no to looking like Dallas Cowboy clones.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I LOVE seeing alternative mock-ups. I don't want us to actually wear any of them as I like what we have right now exactly how it is, but I love seeing them. Thanks for sharing fellas.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sick, sick, sick. I definitely agree it would have to be shiny/metallic/chrome, not the old dull grey from the 70's.