Fan Value of Roster (Draft Pick Trade Value)

Brahn

Reaction score
**Edit** The idea is basically what would you as a fan have to receive from another team for said player to not be upset with trading them. Maybe this is a easier description.

**Edit 2/23/2013** As a players value is voted on and changed I will update the change with a date. This way if for some reason the thread survives we can see how a players value may change over time maybe even week to week. Once again thanks to all those who have taken time to contribute information.

I know the heading is a little awkward but I was trying to explain the best I could this post. This post is meant for open discussion and will be updated if and when a consensus can be reached. I have listed all hawks listed on the official web site roster (minus 2 i deleted during the process props to those who know who they are without looking). I have started off the best I can with the value I feel players could potentially bring. I understand some are FAs. This is not what we feel the FO thinks the value of the player is, but what we as fans feel the value is. Its all in good fun.

N/A - Un-tradeable (Almost didn't want to use this for Russel as it would be rather fun to predict his current value, but he will not be traded this season)
X - Players I felt I knew way to little about to give a proper value, or were players I felt held little to no trade value.

Player Pos Pick Trade Value
Baldwin,Doug WR 4th
Bates, Phil WR X
Blackmon, Will CB X
Bradford,Allen LB X
Branch, Alan DT 2nd
Browner, Brandon CB 2nd&3rd
Bryant,Red DT 1st
Butler, Deon WR X
Carpenter, James G 2nd
Chancellor, Kam S 1st
Chukwurah,Patrick DE X
Clemons,Chris DE 2nd
Coleman,Derrick RB X
Davis,Dexter DE X
Farwell,Heath LB X
Flynn, Matt QB 3rd
Giacomini,Breno T 3rd
Gresham,Clint LS 7th
Guy, Winston SS x
Hauschka,Steven K x
Hill,Leroy LB 5th
Howard,Jaye DT X
Irvin,Bruce DE 1st
Jeanpierre,Lemuel G/C 7th
Johnson,Jeron SS X
Johnson,Rishaw G X
Jones,Jason DT 3rd
Lynch,Marshawn RB 2nd
Martin, Charly WR X
Maxwell,Byron CB X
McCoy,Anthony TE 4th
McDonald,Clinton DT X
McGrath,Sean TE X
McQuistan,Paul T 5th
Mebane,Brandon T 1st
Miller,Zach TE 1st&4th
Moffit,John G X
Moragn, Mike LB x
Morrah,Cameron TE X
Obomanu,Ben WR X
Okung,Russel T 2-1's
Omiyale,Frank T/G X
Parker,Ron CB X
Person,Mike T X
Rice,Sidney WR 2nd&4th
Robinson,Michael FB 4th
Ryan,Jon P 6th
Scruggs,Greg DE x
Shead,DeShawn DB x
Sherman,Richard CB 2-1's
Smith,Malcolm LB 3nd
Sweezy,JR G X
Tate,Golden WR 2nd&4th
Thomas,Earl FS 2-1's
Thurmond,Walter CB x
Toomer,Korey LB x
Trufant,Marcus CB 6th
Turbin,Robert RB 3rd
Wagner,Bobby LB 1st
Wilson,Russel QB N/A(4-1's?)
Wright, KJ LB 2nd

Go Hawks

The Radish

Reaction score
No offense I don't understand what I know about this post.

It seems more pointed draft day than free agency but again I'm not sure what is being said.

Because of that we are perhaps needing to move this to the draft forum?

:les:

Hawkfan509

Reaction score
Lynch and Wagner are missing.

No offense, but there are only 3 players I think you came even close to on compesation they would fetch

Flynn for a 3rd is a possibility because of the position he plays
Irvin could fetch a 1st because teams are desperate for pass rushers
Turbin for a 3rd because that is where 2nd tier RB's go

I appreciate the work you put into the list, I just think that you overvalued most of the team. As good as Earl Thomas is, no team is giving up 2 1st round picks for a safety

OP
OP
B

Brahn

Reaction score
No Offense to be taken, like I said it is to be discussed. To test the pulse of the fan base. Everyone will have their own opinion.

If It needs to be moved I would appreciate that and I am sorry for placing it in the wrong area.

Also correct on Lynch and Wags although they were not the 2 I had thought i removed. i must of moved 4 i will fix it.

OP
OP
B

Brahn

Reaction score
Hawkfan509":2vn3m901 said:
Lynch and Wagner are missing.

No offense, but there are only 3 players I think you came even close to on compesation they would fetch

Flynn for a 3rd is a possibility because of the position he plays
Irvin could fetch a 1st because teams are desperate for pass rushers
Turbin for a 3rd because that is where 2nd tier RB's go

I appreciate the work you put into the list, I just think that you overvalued most of the team. As good as Earl Thomas is, no team is giving up 2 1st round picks for a safety

Thanks for providing some discussion material. I would still feel Thomas would receive 2 1st round picks. 3 Pro Bowls 2 All Pros.
I also said this is the value we as fans place on the roster, not what would other FO's give. I know it is hard to have fun and not want to still try and play hard fact GM.

The Radish

Reaction score
Brahn":xg6sshre said:
No Offense to be taken, like I said it is to be discussed. To test the pulse of the fan base. Everyone will have their own opinion.

If It needs to be moved I would appreciate that and I am sorry for placing it in the wrong area.

Also correct on Lynch and Wags although they were not the 2 I had thought i removed. i must of moved 4 i will fix it.

Actually it appears to be one of those that has credibility in both forums. Sorry for being so slow to understand what you are trying to accomplish here.

:D

Veilside

Reaction score
To me Russell Wilson and Earl Thomas are the only 2 untradeable players. It would be almost impossible to replace them and get equal value at the position. Sherman is close to being on that list but not quite on the same level as those 2 and I'm hoping Wagner is next.

brendonkuhn

Reaction score
I'd disagree, I think Sherman is more valuable to the team than Earl.

I appreciate the concept of this post, but some of the rankings are ridiculous. People doubt Alex Smith can fetch a 3rd rounder, and he had a top 5 passer rating last season until he was injured, in a quarterback driven league. Breno is somehow worth a 3? He's worth MAYBE a 7.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Brahn":3oyi4x8r said:
**Edit** The idea is basically what would you as a fan have to receive from another team for said player to not be upset with trading them. Maybe this is a easier description.

I know the heading is a little awkward but I was trying to explain the best I could this post. This post is meant for open discussion and will be updated if and when a consensus can be reached. I have listed all hawks listed on the official web site roster (minus 2 i deleted during the process props to those who know who they are without looking). I have started off the best I can with the value I feel players could potentially bring. I understand some are FAs. This is not what we feel the FO thinks the value of the player is, but what we as fans feel the value is. Its all in good fun.

N/A - Un-tradeable (Almost didn't want to use this for Russel as it would be rather fun to predict his current value, but he will not be traded this season)
X - Players I felt I knew way to little about to give a proper value, or were players I felt held little to no trade value.

Baldwin,Doug WR 5th
Browner, Brandon CB 5th
Bryant,Red DT 4th
Carpenter, James G 7th
Chancellor, Kam S 4th
Flynn, Matt QB 3rd
Giacomini,Breno T 6th
Irvin,Bruce DE 2nd
Lynch,Marshawn RB 2nd
Mebane,Brandon T 2nd
Miller,Zach TE 3rd
Moffit,John G 7th
Okung,Russel T 2-1's
Rice,Sidney WR 3rd
Ryan,Jon P 7th
Sherman,Richard CB 1st
Tate,Golden WR 4th
Thomas,Earl FS 1st
Turbin,Robert RB 3rd
Wagner,Bobby LB 2nd
Wilson,Russel QB 3-1's
Wright, KJ LB 3rd
Bates, Phil WR X
Blackmon, Will CB X
Bradford,Allen LB X
Branch, Alan DT X
Chukwurah,Patrick DE X
Clemons,Chris DE X
Coleman,Derrick RB X
Davis,Dexter DE X
Farwell,Heath LB X
Gresham,Clint LS X
Guy, Winston SS x
Hauschka,Steven K x
Hill,Leroy LB X
Howard,Jaye DT X
Jeanpierre,Lemuel G/C X
Johnson,Jeron SS X
Johnson,Rishaw G X
Jones,Jason DT X
Martin, Charly WR X
Maxwell,Byron CB X
McCoy,Anthony TE X
McDonald,Clinton DT X
McGrath,Sean TE X
McQuistan,Paul T X
Moragn, Mike LB x
Morrah,Cameron TE X
Obomanu,Ben WR X
Butler, Deon WR X
Omiyale,Frank T/G X
Parker,Ron CB X
Person,Mike T X
Robinson,Michael FB X
Scruggs,Greg DE x
Shead,DeShawn DB x
Smith,Malcolm LB X
Sweezy,JR G X
Thurmond,Walter CB x
Toomer,Korey LB x
Trufant,Marcus CB X

Go Hawks

So basically you are putting a trade value on every seahawk right? I edited your's to what I think is much more realistic.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
brendonkuhn":3apgq3al said:
IMO, I think Sherman is the best player we have on D but ET is more valuable, if that makes sense.

HUGGY

Reaction score
I'm thinking a trade of Wilson to a bad team for 3 or 4 1sts is a bad deal. First of all as a fan it is unthinkable. BUT as purely a speculative commodity which all players are unfortunately one must consider the impact of a Wilson on a poor team and the likelyhood that very soon their #1 picks will be next to worthless as they win a lot more games.

OP
OP
B

Brahn

Reaction score
I would be lying if i said I did not purposely over value some as a way to strike up conversation. I appreciate the participation and am looking forward to more talk on who is more valuable Sherm or Thomas. This was purely for fun and meant to be so. If you feel a player is being over valued on my list why not give some reasoning instead of just stating I'm wrong you are right.

Thomas for 2 1sts?!?!? thats crazy maybe a 1st! - States nothing other then you feel your opinion is worth more then another just because you "feel" it.

Erebus

Reaction score
Wenhawk":39kmzx5x said:
Brahn":39kmzx5x said:

Baldwin,Doug WR 5th
Browner, Brandon CB 5th
Bryant,Red DT 4th
Carpenter, James G 7th
Chancellor, Kam S 4th
Flynn, Matt QB 3rd
Giacomini,Breno T 6th
Irvin,Bruce DE 2nd
Lynch,Marshawn RB 2nd
Mebane,Brandon T 2nd
Miller,Zach TE 3rd
Moffit,John G 7th
Okung,Russel T 2-1's
Rice,Sidney WR 3rd
Ryan,Jon P 7th
Sherman,Richard CB 1st
Tate,Golden WR 4th
Thomas,Earl FS 1st
Turbin,Robert RB 3rd
Wagner,Bobby LB 2nd
Wilson,Russel QB 3-1's
Wright, KJ LB 3rd

Go Hawks

So basically you are putting a trade value on every seahawk right? I edited your's to what I think is much more realistic.

I get that you're trying to be more realistic with these, but I think you're undervaluing some players. The OP's point was what would you want in return for trading these players. Would you really give up Brandon Browner for a 5th round pick, and Kam Chancellor for a 4th? I certainly wouldn't. Browner may not fit every system and he's 29, but he's more valuable to us than a 5th round pick.

Here's the players I disagree about:

Player Pos / Your Value / My Value
Baldwin,Doug WR / 5th / 4th
Browner, Brandon CB / 5th / 3rd
Carpenter, James G / 7th / 5th
Chancellor, Kam S / 4th / 2nd
Miller,Zach TE / 3rd / 2nd
Rice,Sidney WR / 3rd / 2nd
Sherman,Richard CB / 1st / 1st and 3rd
Wilson,Russel QB / 3-1's / Untradeable

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Better keep this post interesting or like a lot of the other posts, it will get locked up.
Don't understand why the lock is being used so much for this OFF SEASON.
I guess maybe those posts aren't going the direction that the controller likes, and have decided that they're bored, and want us all to move on,,Off Season?, Really?

Veilside

Reaction score
brendonkuhn":1r8pkjt2 said:

I appreciate the concept of this post, but some of the rankings are ridiculous. People doubt Alex Smith can fetch a 3rd rounder, and he had a top 5 passer rating last season until he was injured, in a quarterback driven league. Breno is somehow worth a 3? He's worth MAYBE a 7.

I'm not a huge X's and O's guy, but from my understanding Earl makes our defense even possible. If we lost Earl Thomas, then I believe you would have to lower the value of Browner and Kam also because ET elevates our whole secondary; including Sherman but not as much as the other 2. Sherman gets the flashy stats but Earl's value is literally the glue that keeps the defense running smooth. Also I believe very soon Earl will have the flashy stats to back up his value.

OP
OP
B

Brahn

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies so far.

From what i can gather for the master list Thomas and Sherman will be changed First. Please list your value and i will take the consensus over the weekend. If you have already posted a value I will use that as your final value for said player unless changed before Monday. Have a great weekend.

Go Hawks!

------------------Players up for Value Change--------------

Earl Thomas(Original Value 2-1's)
Wenhawk 1st
XxXDragonXxX 2-1's + Added Picks

Richard Sherman(Original Value 2-1's)
Wenhawk 1st
Erebus 1st&3rd
XxXDragonXxX 2-1's + Added Picks

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
I think what I would want in trade for most of our starters is FAR more than what we could possibly get for them. You never know what you're going to get out of a draft pick, even with a first round pick you could end up with a bust, now you've given up a good player for nothing but pie on your face. I wouldn't give up any one of our starting DBs for less than a first rounder, Earl and Sherm I wouldn't give up for less than 2 first rounders plus some extra picks. We have a great group of players and there are very few of them that I would want give up for an unknown quantity.

olyfan63

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":hzigdpyf said:
...even with a first round pick you could end up with a bust, now you've given up a good player for nothing but pie on your face. I wouldn't give up any one of our starting DBs for less than a first rounder... We have a great group of players and there are very few of them that I would want give up for an unknown quantity.
^^ This.
As good as our front office has been, you just don't know which picks will blossom and which will be busts, due to substance abuse/psychological/motivation issues, wrong fit with team scheme, or injury. James Carpenter is a great case in point. He could still go on to be the best guard this team has had, eclipsing Hutch, or wash out with injuries and be a bust from a draft value standpoint. (I like Carp and am rooting for him, and think there's a 10% chance he could eclipse Hutch.) Other examples are Walter Thurmond III, who could be a pro bowler CB if he can stay healthy. Not bad picks (though Carp could have been had for a 3rd a lot of people think), but drafts are a roll of the dice.