Exploiting New England's soft interior

hawknation2015

Reaction score
While RT Sebastian Vollmer is having a career year and LT Nate Solder is usually pretty steady, the interior of New England's offensive line is one of the weakest in the league.

Michael Bennett should get a lot of work inside on 3rd downs. How else can the Seahawks exploit New England's soft interior?

Zybot

Reaction score
Some stunts, letting a DE dart to the inside

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I don't know, they looked pretty useful yesterday, created some nice holes for Blount. Other than Bennett I don't see us getting a whole lot from the interior.

However, Blount's not running for 150 and 3TDs on us, we're not giving up many big plays, and we're as well equipped as anyone to limit Gronk.

Keys to this game for me is redzone defense and run game. Big MVP opportunity for Marshawn Lynch in this one, and provided Earl and Sherm are good to go, I really like our chances.

ManBunts

Reaction score
I'm gonna be looking at Wags, KJ and Kam a lot this game. Stuffing that run up the middle, but also cutting off Gronk and Edelman on this short cross and seam routes. They're going to be busy.

But what we NEED to do is be ready for Belichik devilry. The eligible receiver ploy was devious, and you know all he does is sit there with the rule book and think "What have they NOT mentioned", and he does it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Man I wish we had Hill. He might win Super Bowl MVP if he was playing.

I expect Bennett will do a lot of inside work. And we may see Dobbs have his breakout.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm still worried about our soft D interior, 2nd straight week that the pocket was WAY too clean.

Brady's not gimpy like Rodgers, he's going to pick us the hell apart if we can't get any interior pressure.

jlaff35

Reaction score
I can definitely see us using some of what the Giants have done in the past to pressure Brady. Nascar packages. Moving Bennett inside, basically playing with 3 or 4 DE's. I know Blount has looked good, but that's against the softer than butter AFC. The dude sucks. He will be a non-factor. This may not be 43-8 bad, as that was just a complete perfect storm, but it will be Seattle winning big.

marko358

Reaction score
We need Kam and Earl to have big games like they had last week. They didn't seem to have as big of an impact yesterday.

Latest posts