Expected Return Dates

hidn

Reaction score
This is my understanding of our injury situation, am I wrong about any of it?

Okung | Expected back Week 11
- Carroll said 6-8 week injury
- On IR (designated to return) minimum 8 weeks on IR

Harvin | Week 7
- On PUP minimum Week 7
- Hinted on Twitter to keep our eyes on week 7

Bruce | Week 5
- On suspension for first 4 games

Hill | Imminent
- Was initial reported as 3-6 week injury

Johnson | Imminent
- Was a hamstring issue that Carroll said was not overly serious.

Ware | Week 5? (a guess considering the RB depth and his lack of practice last week)
- Carroll said he suffered a significant ankle sprain (no practice at all week 3).

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Most of that seems about right, except I don't think (nothing to go on, just a personal hunch) that Harvin won't be back the first week he's eligible. I know HE thinks he will be, I just don't think the team concurs.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Not a heck of a lot you can do about Red's Back Spasms. Kearse' ankle Sprain hasn't been discussed much? Makes me wonder how much of the 2's we will see in the coming games. I think we may see more of them in the near future just in an attempt to keep the 1's healthy. Not much of a drop off with our 2's so why not?

One thing is certain. No one in football wants to play this team at full strength!

kidhawk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2chjijm3 said:
Most of that seems about right, except I don't think (nothing to go on, just a personal hunch) that Harvin won't be back the first week he's eligible. I know HE thinks he will be, I just don't think the team concurs.

I agree with you. Pete and co. seem to be a little more cautious with injuries now than they had been in the past. I would say that it would be a safe bet that neither Okung nor Harvin come back the first week they are eligible, and if they do, it won't be nearly a full game worth of snaps. Look for them to get worked back to game speed over a few weeks.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Not a heck of a lot you can do about Red's Back Spasms. Kearse' ankle Sprain hasn't been discussed much? Makes me wonder how much of the 2's we will see in the coming games. I think we may see more of them in the near future just in an attempt to keep the 1's healthy. Not much of a drop off with our 2's so why not?

One thing is certain. No one in football wants to play this team at full strength!

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Havent heard much of anything about Kearse, hopefully its not too serious. Id love to see Percy Week 7 but i feel like Pete is gonna be very cautious with him. No reason to bring him back to soon and re aggravate something.

Maybe Kearse's injury will give Stephen Williams a shot to get on the field more, i really wanna see him making some plays. Also im very excited to see Irvin back.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
week 7 is a short week for a thursday night game I think so I woudlnt be surprised if we have to wait till week 8 to see Harvin. Although I suppose that depends on how the next few games go.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
sc85sis":1fa1xh3q said:
Malcolm has a hammy too.
Pete said today that Smith was ready to go on Sunday, but they had already submitted the Inactive list so he couldn't play. He should be good to go this week, most likely.

sutz

Reaction score
So far, the team has seemed to give guys one full week of practice, held them out of that first game, then let them play in the second game they were eligible for-if that makes sense.

So, I'd push those numbers back a week, unless something changes drastically.

drdiags

Reaction score
I doubt Pete would let Harvin play in week 7, even if he comes off PUP after week 6. Harvin would have to be built up for contact, etc so I would think it may be more like Clemons just now getting time in the 3rd game. I wouldn't expect to see Harvin under the best scenario until Week 9. With a small role just to help him get his game shape rounded out.

Wonder how much time Irvin would get in game 5? They probably would ease him in as well.

Latest posts