Expectations for Reed's Return

Seahawlnut89

Reaction score
What are peoples' expectations for Reed's return?

I don't think it's unreasonable to think that it'll take till at least his 3rd game back to have an impact.

More generally, I have been concerned by this team's lack of pass rush since the preseason...People are seemingly saying give it time; it's coming. Part of me views this optimism as kind of unfounded, if I am being completely honest.

sutz

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me to see him have a couple of isolated impact plays, but for providing a full time presence, yeah it'll probably take 2-3 games, at least.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I think he will be rusty and out of game shape at first. I think it will take a couple games or so for him to make a difference.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
He'll hopefully be the spark that brings that line up to what it should be with all that talent. And take some of the heat off that secondary. Fingers crossed.

chris98251

Reaction score
He will get a snap count to bring him up to football game shape much like Ziggy.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think he will energize the rest of the guys, and it can give some players rest and get that rotation going. Likely he will need to knock off some rust, but I stick to my opinion that this D is going to be very solid come November.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think folks expectations are too high right away. I think he’ll be on a “pitch count” to start.
Hope I’m wrong on both points.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Once he gets up to speed, he will greatly help Ansah and Clowney. I've noticed the edge rush has been pretty good but QB's can step up fairly easily since no one is collapsing the pocket on the interior. Reed really hit his stride last year and if he can push QB's out, Clowney and Ansah should start getting home.