ESPN simulation has Hawks starting 0-9, finishing 5-12

Jerhawk

Reaction score
In a shocking turn of events, ESPN's computer system, which is powered by Chris Berman's body sweat and Stephen A Smith's boisterous opinions, has projected our beloved Seahawks to start the season 0-9, and finish 5-12.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...storylines-super-bowl-winner?linkId=130536616

To some on here, this simulation result may come as no surprise. To others, it may bring them a warm, fuzzy feeling inside. To me, it makes me sad.

Does this computer simulation make sense to you guys, or is it all just a bunch of nonsense created by goofy nerds who do nothing but play with Pokemon and watch loads of anime?

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3d83rx99 said:
or is it all just a bunch of nonsense created by goofy nerds who do nothing but play with Pokemon and watch loads of anime?

If we start out 0-9 , and finish 5-12 - I'll eat my hat.

I may have some concerns in the secondary, with the Russ situation this year, and miscellaneous other concerns - but jesus.

These guys shouldn't smoke crack with Unicorns.

Jags over Colts in the Wildcard round? C'mon man! Just my opinion ;)

Chawker

Reaction score
Knuckleheads ! 5-12 typical underachievers. Talk about setting the bar real high for us. We should be able to meet thoughs goals by lets say week six.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Before anyone gets too crazy without reading the article, this was 1 simulation out of 20,000 picked at random & not a consensus of all the simulations.

They also have an article for best & worst case scenarios for each team & have the Seahawks best case @ 12-5 & worst @ 7-10 & this one is well outside that so take it with a grain of salt.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/ ... ow-records

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":cg8n4tqa said:
Before anyone gets too crazy without reading the article, this was 1 simulation out of 20,000 picked at random & not a consensus of all the simulations.

They also have an article for best & worst case scenarios for each team & have the Seahawks best case @ 12-5 & worst @ 7-10 & this one is well outside that so take it with a grain of salt.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/ ... ow-records

Correct. The article I provided was simulation 13,330. Let's hope this dystopian future never comes to pass in our reality!

Jville

Reaction score
Different stories written for different audiences. That's a global phenomenon.

It's also useful to remember that ESPN is a Disney production.

Although, the OP linked story, for this Seahawks audience, reads more like a "Tales From the Crypt" production from HBO.

Never-the-less, it serves as a pointed example of the necessity of the reader to distinguish between fiction and reality.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Moronic to accept the simulation results or someone is tweaking the numbers to get a reaction.

As long as Carroll and Wilson are on the Seahawks, we are either a wildcard or almost a wildcard.

Period.

We aren't winning a divisional game. But we are also never going to be far out of the playoffs either.

Stupid to expect otherwise. For almost 10 years, this has been the pattern and the result. So this is probably going to be the outcome again.

Carroll isn't contending for a SB, or even coming close. Though every year his team will look like the dark horse candidate 3/4s of the way through the season. But we are also never going to be a dumpster fire (unless something happens to Wilson).

The ONLY way this ridiculous prediction happens is if Wilson gets hurt. There is no other outcome where we are 0-9.

flv

Reaction score
Thank goodness there's no click-bait involved.

chris98251

Reaction score
Cool keep post in that stuff ESPN, PFF, and others, great stuff to put on the locker room board as a reminder.

This way when we win and they want interviews at the end of the season they can point to it and say you had your chance and wrote that stuff instead. Marshawn Lynch Was right..........

Tokadub

Reaction score
Well I originally posted this when I was first trying to predict the Seahawks 2021 season:

https://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=174012

Tokadub":1eh74y3w said:
I haven't actually looked at our schedule yet I will do it right now and predict it...

Those first 4 games are clear losses based on what I've seen and what I expect...

I tried to alter my result that we would have a chance to win one of those first 4...

My prediction is 7-10.

Objectively... That's just how it feels. Maybe we will start not playing like garbage... I don't think so

What's strange is that ESPN's match up predictor ACTUALLY DOES PREDICT WE LOSE 3 of the first 4!?

I thought I had some kind of internal calculations going on that were well beyond stats or analytics but I guess ESPN almost agrees with my prediction of 4 losses to start the season? Very Interesting...

So somehow my instinct (before I looked at any data all I saw was the schedule and our preseason games + roster) is possibly correct analytically according to ESPN.COM.

I'm NOT JOKING:

Ryan Tanehill had a higher passer rating (106.5) in 2020 than Russell Wilson (105.1).

Ryan Tannehill also had less interceptions and higher yards per Pass Attempt than Russell Wilson... I know right??? It's shocking to be honest.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/14876/ryan-tannehill

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/14881

The Tennessee Titans also were 2nd in the league in rushing yards per game while the Seahawks were 12th. Tennessee also averaged more points per game than the Seahawks.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/table/rushing/sort/rushingYardsPerGame/dir/desc

Tennessee also had the only Running Back who went over 2000 yards rushing in 2020 with Derrick Henry the 2nd best was Minnesota's Dalvin Cook with less than 1600 rushing yards.

All things being considered assuming Ryan Tannehill plays I think they could easily beat us even if we are at home. So I'll stand by we will lose our first 4 games prediction which I made in an older thread.

I'm going to look at our schedule one more time and see if I come to a different conclusion than my first prediction we will finish 7-10...

Yeah the best I can see is 8-9 that's assuming we beat the Cardinals twice.

If we beat the Bears I think we go 9-8... I think 7 or 8 wins is more likely.

toffee

Reaction score
Tokadub":v82ftf6y said:
Well I originally posted this when I was first trying to predict the Seahawks 2021 season:

https://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=174012

Tokadub":v82ftf6y said:
I haven't actually looked at our schedule yet I will do it right now and predict it...

Those first 4 games are clear losses based on what I've seen and what I expect...

I tried to alter my result that we would have a chance to win one of those first 4...

My prediction is 7-10.

Objectively... That's just how it feels. Maybe we will start not playing like garbage... I don't think so

What's strange is that ESPN's match up predictor ACTUALLY DOES PREDICT WE LOSE 3 of the first 4!?

I thought I had some kind of internal calculations going on that were well beyond stats or analytics but I guess ESPN almost agrees with my prediction of 4 losses to start the season? Very Interesting...

So somehow my instinct (before I looked at any data all I saw was the schedule and our preseason games + roster) is possibly correct analytically according to ESPN.COM.

I'm NOT JOKING:

Ryan Tanehill had a higher passer rating (106.5) in 2020 than Russell Wilson (105.1).

Ryan Tannehill also had less interceptions and higher yards per Pass Attempt than Russell Wilson... I know right??? It's shocking to be honest.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/14876/ryan-tannehill

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/14881

The Tennessee Titans also were 2nd in the league in rushing yards per game while the Seahawks were 12th. Tennessee also averaged more points per game than the Seahawks.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/table/rushing/sort/rushingYardsPerGame/dir/desc

Tennessee also had the only Running Back who went over 2000 yards rushing in 2020 with Derrick Henry the 2nd best was Minnesota's Dalvin Cook with less than 1600 rushing yards.

All things being considered assuming Ryan Tannehill plays I think they could easily beat us even if we are at home. So I'll stand by we will lose our first 4 games prediction which I made in an older thread.

I'm going to look at our schedule one more time and see if I come to a different conclusion than my first prediction we will finish 7-10...

Yeah the best I can see is 8-9 that's assuming we beat the Cardinals twice.

If we beat the Bears I think we go 9-8... I think 7 or 8 wins is more likely.
So we have to win 6 out of first 8 games to disprove your theory?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

toffee

Reaction score
0-9 my a**, just took one game to trash this projection.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I guess that 1 projection out of the 20,00 they did will be wrong. I wonder if any of the others will be wrong?

Not sure why they picked that 1 to write the story but I doubt it was as a dig at the Seahawks or their fans.

If the team saw it & wants to use it as bulletin board material I'm all for it though.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":1gi4nwxz said:
I guess that 1 projection out of the 20,00 they did will be wrong. I wonder if any of the others will be wrong?

Not sure why they picked that 1 to write the story but I doubt it was as a dig at the Seahawks or their fans.

If the team saw it & wants to use it as bulletin board material I'm all for it though.

People didn't read the article. Basically the 0-9 start is based on major injuries to key players, which could still happen.

ivotuk

Reaction score
sdog1981":dw8j904f said:
Hockey Guy":dw8j904f said:

People didn't read the article. Basically the 0-9 start is based on major injuries to key players, which could still happen.

Only teams like Detroit and Houston start 0 - 9. And there's always been suspicion they tanked for the #1 overall pick.

My theory is this, the transposed the numbers and meant to say "Seahawks start ;9 - 0." :irishdrinkers: