ESPN podcast worth listening to

ivotuk

Reaction score
Tuesday Sedano and Stink "Jorge and Mark get in to a heated debate with callers and Brock Huard of ESPN Seattle about what Russell Wilson is worth."

Sedano is basically there as the devil's advocate, and to provoke passionate responses. He does a good job of it using the line that most people use when downplaying RW's contribution, "He has Marshawn and that defense."

Brock Huard doesn't want to hear it...Love that guy.

Sedano redeems himself late in the podcast with some comments about a certain game in 2005.

I use the ESPN App on my cell phone for downloading and listening to podcasts. It's pretty good as they shrink the files down to relatively small size, 8MB for a 40 minute show.

Anyway, it's worth a listen, I'll add others if I find them.

Like many posters here, I haven't been able to listen to sports radio or watch TV so I sneak in some podcasts because I can drag the slider to wherever I want to in the show and play it at my convenience. I'm starting to heal, hope others are too. :cry:

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
kidhawk":2814vx5g said:

MIssing. =-/

I downloaded the app on my phone, not sure about one for a PC. Once it's on your phone you just scroll through the shows.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Thank you. I'm at work and most video/audio download sites are blocked. Fortunately they haven't discovered 710 :D

lobohawk

Reaction score
One of the biggest problems Wilson critics have is that they constantly compare Wilson to great QBs that have been in the NFL for +10 years. He's just in his 3rd year.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
And they ignore Troy Aikmans stats which are similar to Russell's. Aikman had a better Oline, a great running game, great defense, and Michael Irvin.

That's what we need, is our Michael Irvin type receiver without the dug issues.

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
IMO, the biggest problem that Sedano (whoever he is) has with Wilson is the tired, "yeah, but what about that defense and what about that running game?" argument. Ok, fine. You can't deny Russell has a great defense and running game. But how has Russell performed in games where the defense and/or the running game haven't held up? What about those games where Russell WAS asked to throw the ball in order to win. Games where he WAS asked to carry the team to a victory.

It's a little hard to determine when exactly those situations occurred (or even if they have), but let's say it's been games where Russell has thrown the ball 30 or more times. That would put him at right about the average for attempts/game in the NFL, instead of where he currently is (which is right around the bottom). Turns out there have been 15 games in Russell's career (including playoffs) where he has reached that benchmark. Almost an entire season's worth of data. Here are what his composite stats look like for those 15 games:

321 - 524 for 3,908 yards. 26 TDs, 8 Ints

That's good for a 98.05 rating. Where would that rating have placed Russ in the NFL this season? 5th. Ahead of guys named Brees, Brady, and Luck. Just some food for thought if you ever find yourself in an argument about Russell's ability to throw the ball when called upon.

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
As a corollary to the last post, that list also includes Russell's first ever game in the NFL, in which he wasn't great. Also here are his composite rushing stats for those 15 games

115 carries, 796 yards, 4 TDs

Put that as one season, and you're talking MVP numbers. Interestingly, Russell's record in those games is only 9-6 (60%), which is well below his winning percentage (80%) when he throws less than 30 times. Is there any question why the Hawks don't ask Russ to throw the ball a ton? Because his ability isn't the reason.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sedano shocked me when he basically said the "Seahawks got screwed in Superbowl XL by the referees!"

Latest posts