Draft Day chat thread

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
There is a lot of rounds left. After all this is just backup time. We got a lot in pre draft.

AMereMuse

Reaction score
ARGHHHHHHHH - Breese.

With him and Mazi gone, I am bit worried of getting a guy who can start at DT next year.

Schneider might need to trade up to get a Benton or Uzomah type. May be a run on all these guys.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
Saints just took Bresee. DT shelf is looking a little bare.

Tomorrow we'll get Keeanu Benton at 37, then Byron Young at 52, then the other Byron Young at 83. Because, why not?

bileever

Reaction score
I may be in the minority, but I'm happy with Witherspoon and Smith-Njigba. When you look at the big boards that simply ranked players by talent, not mock drafts that tried to predict where players would go, both Witherspoon and Smith-Njigba were ranked very high.

PFF, for example, ranked Witherspoon number 4 overall this year, and Smith-Njigba was ranked number 9. As others said, these choices basically mean that the Seahawks picked the best players available, rather than picking based on need, which always results in reaching.

I personally wanted Jalen Carter, but the Seahawks weren't the only team that decided to pass on him. Most, if not all, of those teams met with Carter and were still left with questions.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Solid first day. Very happy with how things landed. Now we need to address the trenches tomorrow.

Nolan Smith to Philly.

Torc

Reaction score
What the heck happened with Levis? I doubt KC will pick him, and I didn't expect him to last through the first round.

Scout

Reaction score
What the heck happened with Levis? I doubt KC will pick him, and I didn't expect him to last through the first round.
He is viewed as a big project that is why. Might go in day 2.