Draft Day chat thread

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Top CB and top WR is a weird definition of cute. If they'd gone tight end or something I'd agree, but they took the top players on the board at two of the highest value spots in the league.

Like the players just dont like the positions. CB wasnt an area of need. WRs can be had for cheap and in later rounds. The Dline needs addressed immediately and Smith would have made much more sense than the receiver due to the lack of depth at LB.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Like the players just dont like the positions. CB wasnt an area of need. WRs can be had for cheap and in later rounds. The Dline needs addressed immediately and Smith would have made much more sense than the receiver due to the lack of depth at LB.
CB wasn't an area of need? Tarik isn't playing both sides of the field

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Plenty of good talent left to fill those spots and Seattle has great day 2 picks. Hopefully people are aware there is more drafting ahead. 😂

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
CB wasn't an area of need? Tarik isn't playing both sides of the field
Exactly. If you lock down both sides of the field you aid your rush in doing so. They need to add some trench players tomorrow, but so far I'm pleased.

Oh and 4 WR in a row just went, and Seattle got the best. Playing that board well imo.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Data shows you're correct on WR based on the avg. draft spot of the highest paid guys, but I gotta disagree that CB wasn't a need. You can't just sit on Mike Jackson as your starting outside corner, and the top CBs are generally drafted high.

Smith would've made sense positionally, but nose tackles are also found all throughout the draft.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Data shows you're correct on WR based on the avg. draft spot of the highest paid guys, but I gotta disagree that CB wasn't a need. You can't just sit on Mike Jackson as your starting outside corner, and the top CBs are generally drafted high.

Smith would've made sense positionally, but nose tackles are also found all throughout the draft.

Its not awful, just not what I wanted to see, but it usually isnt. Lol.

James in PA

Reaction score
So, tomorrow -- let's see two of the following over the next 2 rounds, and I'd be stoked about this draft:

1) Bryan Breese
2) Mazi Smith
3) O'Cyrus Torrence
4) Trenton Simpson
5) Daiyan Henley
6) John Michael Schmitz
Hell yes to this list.

GemCity

Reaction score
I’m not entirely sure about CB at 5 but, I do believe we got the best one.

You have to take JSN at 20….

We all know what’s coming in rounds 2-3. Or at least, I hope we know!

Solid A from me!

AMereMuse

Reaction score
Really liking the last few picks in relation for Seahawks Day 2 chances.

Directly after Seattle picked -- it's been: WR, WR, WR, CB...

Keeping picking those position groups!

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Really liking the last few picks in relation for Seahawks Day 2 chances.

Directly after Seattle picked -- it's been: WR, WR, WR, CB...

Keeping picking those position groups!
Exactly. Seattle is playing the board like a master class. There's only 6 picks left today and a ton of high quality D Line and O Line talent left. WR and CB has been dried up hard, and Seattle walks out with the best of those.

Love it.

GemCity

Reaction score
Exactly. Seattle is playing the board like a master class. There's only 6 picks left today and a ton of high quality D Line and O Line talent left. WR and CB has been dried up hard, and Seattle walks out with the best of those.

Love it.
Well said!