Draft Day chat thread

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Same. Not liking this draft at all. Being cute again instead of addressing the real issues.
Top CB and top WR is a weird definition of cute. If they'd gone tight end or something I'd agree, but they took the top players on the board at two of the highest value spots in the league.

Kinger95

Reaction score
Same. Not liking this draft at all. Being cute again instead of addressing the real issues.

I’m pretty sure that the front office that drafted the runner up defensive rookie of the year and offensive rookie of the year plus 2 starting tackles disagrees. They legit probably had JSN ranked inside the top 10 so I like it

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Top CB and top WR is a weird definition of cute. If they'd gone tight end or something I'd agree, but they took the top players on the board at two of the highest value spots in the league.
Absolutely. They didn't reach for these guys either. They earned those spots.

Reaction score
All the DTs and DEs (OG/C too) at this point are fairly similar with depth thru round 3 or 4. If we want an ILB that might be next. Pretty thin. Most would be later than 37 but lack of depth might push them up.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
They addressed the trenches last year and in free agency. Plus they have more picks coming up. I don't love picking Witherspoon or JSN but at least we got what they felt was the top two players at those positions.

AMereMuse

Reaction score
So, tomorrow -- let's see two of the following over the next 2 rounds, and I'd be stoked about this draft:

1) Bryan Breese
2) Mazi Smith
3) O'Cyrus Torrence
4) Trenton Simpson
5) Daiyan Henley
6) John Michael Schmitz

Echawks

Reaction score
Are you forgetting that we brought in jones and reed to fill those gaps?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I have no issue with the players taken. They are not the reaches of 3-6 years ago at all. Appropriate players for the draft position. Just not sure what they didn't like about our CBs last year. And while I have no issue drafting a 3rd receiver I just don't think you do that in the 1st round.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Seattle also played the board nicely. Took Spoon then a run went on OT, RB then corner. Seattle takes WR then 3 receiver needy teams select after them.

I don't know any team that would come out of day one with the best CB and best WR and feel bad about that.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Dang, he look good!
He was the 1st and last player highlights I watched last night and I was like "whoever gets dawg is getting a baller"...didn't really think he would be on the board past...like 13-15. I can't find a way to be upset with this pick at all

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Ask any coach if they want DK Metcalf, Tyler Lockett, and JSN as their receivers. Not many are going to say no.