Don't get cocky

Chawker

Reaction score
A lot of people in here are talking like we have already made the play offs. Maybe you've forgot but, we are playing the Rams this week. Theres a better chance of the game being played in Quincy then making the play offs, Me, I'm already scouting players for next year.

Cheers

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, playing better. But, they're not making the playoffs. But let's go down swinging these next 4 weeks. This isn't the type of team that just folds and/or gives up. They'll play hard the rest of the season, and likely come up a game or two short. It just wasn't their year. They came out struggling, Russ got hurt, missed 3 games and didn't play up to potential until the Niners game. They lost a LOT of close games. Sometimes, it just isn't your year. Winning teams get the breaks from time to time, the 2021 Seahawks RARELY seem to get them.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'm sure a few folks are trying to stay optimistic but I have a hard time believing anybody is truly cocky about our low playoff odds. And in a way, I respect fans who want to be positive in the face of poor odds more than I do the fans who use pessimism as a false front in order to prevent disappointment.

The Rams game is exactly what we need in order to evaluate our offense's improvement. If the game sucks and they shut down our own offense completely then that's very useful information to have moving forwards. There are so many questions left to be answered about this offense that this should be viewed as a really good opportunity.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Honestly I hope Russ doesn’t get hurt again and I hope someone can embarrass Donald because he seems to his crap when he’s stopped.. between the choke in GB to when his kissed his facemasks.. really would be nice to see Seattle hold him and Russ avoids him

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
We are currently sitting at a 3% chance of making the playoffs so I'm not sure who you are referring to as being cocky. I love the optimism but personally I see any miniscule chances of the playoffs coming to an end this Sunday in LA. Just wasn't our year. I do appreciate the improvements and the fight. They will likely finish with 7 or 8 wins.

xray

Reaction score
Fans that aren't realistic are doomed to be disappointed a lot in some years , like this year . Fans need to just roll with it .

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I get to be cocky. I'm not a football player on the Seahawks (or anywhere else, for that matter) so my cockiness has no outcome on the game.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure me being too cocky has zero impact on whether the Seahawks make the playoffs.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
This season is certainly nothing to be cocky about. We'll see what happens this week. We're not playing the 9ers or another scrub team. If the offense looks good this week, then there is hope....

olyfan63

Reaction score
Chawker":1doef99z said:
A lot of people in here are talking like we have already made the play offs. Maybe you've forgot but, we are playing the Rams this week. Theres a better chance of the game being played in Quincy then making the play offs, Me, I'm already scouting players for next year.
Cheers

Damn, I knew Quincy was up-and-coming, but now they're hosting a Hawks game? I was gonna settle for a game in Wenatchee or Yakima.

Looking forward to the Rams game, paraphrasing AgentDib, it will show us exactly where our offense is, smokin or suckin.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Of course it's 1 game at a time but 9-8 is a real possibility. That 3% chance increases 20-fold for the Hawks if 5 teams are tied at 9-8 guy. Do the math man there's too much shitty parity in the league. There's 4 decent NFC teams with the Bucs, Rams, Cowboys and Packers. The Cards are easily beatable. The Rams are easy to beat for a team like Jacksonville. Need to figure out a crease in the system and back door it into the playoffs. The skins will lose out, we will beat the Bears. Need to believe guys it can actually happen very easily if the games go as planned

chris98251

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":3i01y05r said:
Of course it's 1 game at a time but 9-8 is a real possibility. That 3% chance increases 20-fold for the Hawks if 5 teams are tied at 9-8 guy. Do the math man there's too much shitty parity in the league. There's 4 decent NFC teams with the Bucs, Rams, Cowboys and Packers. The Cards are easily beatable. The Rams are easy to beat for a team like Jacksonville. Need to figure out a crease in the system and back door it into the playoffs. The skins will lose out, we will beat the Bears. Need to believe guys it can actually happen very easily if the games go as planned

Keep rubbing that Magic Lamp.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":lmlhenyx said:
Cocky? I'm hopeful but at 4-8 I'm a long way from being cocky!!!
Exactly. There's too much parity league wide for cockiness from any fan of any team.

Stud

Reaction score
I actually believe the Seahawks will win 6 straight and make the playoffs at 9-8. As a 49ers fan, It's possible. Wilson is getting healthy, you play a Rams team that is going to be playing nothing but backups, the Lions and Bears, and Finally a Cardinals team that usually loses to Seattle at home.

It's very possible, and I'm a 49ers fan.

Did I mention I'm a 49ers fan?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Lol who is the OP referring to?

I'm hopeful but that's about it.
A predictably painful performance vs the Rams this Sunday will just a a "bummer" moment for me.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
I'll make sure the lights are on and the grass is trimmed at Jackrabbit stadium. You can catch me lying in the weeds drinking beer, scouting GO SEAHAWKS !!! :snack:

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Stud":2elkox0a said:
I actually believe the Seahawks will win 6 straight and make the playoffs at 9-8. As a 49ers fan, It's possible. Wilson is getting healthy, you play a Rams team that is going to be playing nothing but backups, the Lions and Bears, and Finally a Cardinals team that usually loses to Seattle at home.

You might be the only reasonable 49er fan on this board. I agree with your prediction and I actually think the 49ers will snag the 6 seed with ease. The final seed will boil down to probably the final week. Can every team in the same division make the playoffs? Yeah easily with the additional seed. What they really need is 8 seeds and the top 2 seeds get an automatic bid in the divisional round.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Stud":16my79o9 said:

The Rams will still win with their backups. Thats just how much better McVay is than Carroll.

LTH

Reaction score
Pete Carroll has been proving people wrong for close to 30 years...Pete has the biggest chip on his shoulder and probably lives for this moment right NOW...I know I do...

LTH