Does this loss help or hurt going forward?

Zorn76

Reaction score
Won't know the answer to that question till next week.
Today was hardly encouraging, to say the least, but this team does have the wherewithal to bounce back.

Ugh. Man was this game Brutal.

Better have their s*** wired tight for next Sunday in AZ.

And we could use a Beast in the backfield right about now.

slateman77

Reaction score
The lambs always...always play us tough...plus calls going against us...Bailey not knowing the snap count ( and how long has it been since you've seen a clipping call)....We held Gurley in check most of the game...lets not get too worried here.....We're in the playoffs which looked pretty questionable earlier in the season...But I think we need to be more focused on our passing game because our running game against good run D's departed when Rawls went down...If and when Lynch comes back he is going to be a little rusty to say the least ...Doesn't really matter who we play...as they say..to be the best ya gotta beat the best...and I think with Lockett, ADB and Kearse we CAN beat the best...So NO...I don't think this loss hurts us any more than any other loss...5th seed 6th seed..?? ..bring it on...If we're gonna do this thing...Doesn't matter..!!!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It doesn't help or hurt the Seahawks one way or the other. They are what they are.

It changes US in regards to our expectations. This was the first real passing defense we've faced in five weeks. Our offense looked accordingly. Serious questions about our ability to make a deep playoff run seem viable now that we've been reminded what this offense and its coordinator look like against actual competition.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Hawks shot themselves in the foot too many times today. I would rather have a letdown game like this right now than in the playoffs.

Rob12

Reaction score
How does it not change anything? Seriously folks, explain it to me. This was the Rams, led by CHASE KEENUM, and they came into the Clink and walked all over us. Now we have to beat Arizona to get to 10 wins, and they absolutely throttled Green Bay today. I think nine wins and the No. 6 seed is likely after today, when before today we were primed for 10-11 wins and the No. 5 seed.

This game mattered. This loss hurts - a lot. Don't kid yourselves.

The arrogance of Seahawks fans is a bit much at times...

Rob12

Reaction score
chris98251":gfy9175c said:
It will help, we will get re focused now and play angry. As much as I hated losing to the Rams if not for the turnovers and bad snaps lack of focus we still win this game oh and those Refs. We led in just about the rest of the categories as far as stats go with the exception being rushing yards, that I attribute from playing from behind and giving up that aspect of the game way to early.

If the Seahawks are at a point that they have to get "refocused" in Week 17, how do you have any confidence moving forward? The Seahawks are better than the Rams by a huge margin, yet we just got swept by them and lost to Case Keenum. Maybe I'm just too low right now but that's not a game that the 2012-14 Seahawks lose, ESPECIALLY at home.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Neither, it educated. It showed as that no matter how good you are or how much momentum you have, if you lose your 2 best RBs, 2 best TEs, have questionable WR depth after injuries to key back ups and play a fat chump instead of your starting LT then you're not going too perform how you want to on Offense.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Overseasfan":1ik2xwza said:
Neither, it educated. It showed as that no matter how good you are or how much momentum you have, if you lose your 2 best RBs, 2 best TEs, have questionable WR depth after injuries to key back ups and play a fat chump instead of your starting LT then you're not going too perform how you want to on Offense.
^^^
For The Win.

I would have liked to see CMike get more touches, to get him into a rhythm, but I'm sure Pete/Darrell had their reasons.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Overseasfan":2jay31pl said:

Great discussion in this thread, thank you all. I agree with what you say here Overseasfan. I don't like to see a team need a learning experience in week 16, but hopefully this opened some eyes in the organization as to what we need to fix this off season.

After a night to sleep on it, this loss still was a kick in the gut for me. The rams just seem to have us figured out. They don't back down, and their coach deserves credit for that.

Hopefully the team felt the same kick we all did, and a sense of urgency now that Minnesota won.

Together we stand. We believe in these guys. Go hawks!

chiltech500

Reaction score
"The arrogance of Seahawks fans is a bit much at times..."

Some for sure. I am concerned about our defense ... Earl doesn't look like the Earl of the past, our front 4 are not breaking through enough anymore... I don't know.

If I was in charge, I might just rest the key players we have going into the game with AZ - we may have no say in that win/loss either playing full out. This is not the 2013 team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chiltech500":36vhzf9y said:
Some for sure. I am concerned about our defense ... Earl doesn't look like the Earl of the past, our front 4 are not breaking through enough anymore... I don't know. .

I think Earl's still hurt, or something's going on with his shoulder.

When's the last time he actually tackled somebody? All he does is hit the ball carrier, doesn't wrap up..........or worse takes a terrible angle into the play and misses entirely.

As far as the question? Idk, it's always hard to gauge these nasty divisional games, especially with the Rams, who we have to now admit have our number.

Problem is next week won't give us a clear answer either, because the Cards front 7 also gives us fits.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Overseasfan":3lk0sdcn said:
You forgot the part about the rest of the o-line being backup level NFL players.

A lot of folks ripping Bailey after yesterday's performance and rightly so. But Lewis was terrible and Gilliam was worse. The G play was only shitty so there's that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":142l74h1 said:
Overseasfan":142l74h1 said:
You forgot the part about the rest of the o-line being backup level NFL players.

They certainly didn't look like backup level NFL players the past five weeks as our offense was breaking records.

IMO this game was more about the Rams knowing how to attack our offense and Pete and Cable still having no answer for it, as other teams have............and not about our O-line.

THAT'S the disappointing thing about yesterday, that our coaches and coordinators STILL have not found a way to slow down the Rams front 7.

Latest posts