Does this loss help or hurt going forward?

BlueBlood

Reaction score
knownone":jr5nlhqq said:
BlueBlood":jr5nlhqq said:
I posted in a different thread that I didnt want to face.Washington who is a pass happy multi dimensional offense thats rolling. Not to mention that field is absolutely garbage.

Give me Lynch, a healthy Okung and a one dimensional opoonent.

Whether they ended up winning or losing today is basically irrelevant as the team was given renewed areas of work and focus.

If Lynch and Okung arent at least 80% id say im a bit worried.
Washington is also the 26th ranked defense and the 17th ranked Offense. I'd take that any day over a top ten defense and the best RB in the league.

They are climbing fast. That offense is on fire and again, that field sucks!

BlueBlood

Reaction score
knownone":jjbhy735 said:
BlueBlood":jjbhy735 said:
I posted in a different thread that I didnt want to face.Washington who is a pass happy multi dimensional offense thats rolling. Not to mention that field is absolutely garbage.

Whether they ended up winning or losing today is basically irrelevant as the team was given renewed areas of work and focus.

Washington is also the 26th ranked defense and the 17th ranked Offense. I'd take that any day over a top ten defense and the best RB in the league.

Also, Minnesota can't matchup with the hawks

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Hurt in a sense that we may have to pay Okung, I don't see us having a plan B and whilst this draft class is good for O-line I have zero faith in the front office's ability to pick a good one (and have little reason to).

But enough negative nancy, no, I think this result has bugger-all bearing on what we'd achieve in the play-offs, that was collectively as bad as we could play and we only lost by 6. I don't expect to see us play like that again for a loooooong time.

chris98251

Reaction score
It will help, we will get re focused now and play angry. As much as I hated losing to the Rams if not for the turnovers and bad snaps lack of focus we still win this game oh and those Refs. We led in just about the rest of the categories as far as stats go with the exception being rushing yards, that I attribute from playing from behind and giving up that aspect of the game way to early.

Ruminator

Reaction score
The Santa Clara 49ers notwithstanding, the NFC West clearly remains a brutal division. Every division is brutal to varying degrees, but I think Cards, Rams, and Seahawks make the NFC West especially brutal.

This is by no means a wish for a cushy schedule, but shoot, having four games vs brutal NFC West opponents is pretty rough.

knownone

Reaction score
I have a hard time believing we lost this game because of a "lack of focus". I understand where you guys are coming from but it seems like a silly assertion.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I don't think losing ever helps, but the damage can be minimized. It will be interesting to see how the AZ game goes because the Cards will know if they have a shot at No. 1 before the opening kick. I think we go 9-7 and are the sixth seed anyway.

gmor

Reaction score
Losing is never good. How the injuries to Willson and the dings picked up by the others is important. The Hawks did look flat today. When they come in focused and ready to fight, it really pops out in their play. Getting some players back such as Kam can only help.

irocdave

Reaction score
kearly":v75ugmrl said:
The Rams jumped on pretty much every fumble, and every backbreaking call that was questionable went against Seattle. The Hawks also added about 4 drops for good measure. Seattle outplayed the Rams but when the other team is +10 in the breaks category its very hard to win.

I don't think I watched the same game as you, the one I watched, the Hawks looked tired, flat, some what uninterested. They also got out played. The center saved one drive by himself, twice! by hustling down field and recovering fumbles. Believe it ort not, in this game I watched, Earl played like crap and let the center grab the ball when it was right next him. Earl also wasn't interested in using his arms to tackle.

I wish I watched the game you did, I would feel better about todays loss.

nash72

Reaction score
I think it hurts because I don't really feel like we will have much of a shot against Arizona and that will mean a 2 game losing streak heading into the playoffs. The Cardinals are going to get us without Lynch, Kam, Okung, and who knows who else we will rest.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
knownone":3m5vtkjb said:
BlueBlood":3m5vtkjb said:

Ya idk why everyone is so gung ho about playing the Vikings again haha. Peterson can go off anytime. I think last year in Seattle he had 150 yards in the first half against us and barely ran in the 2nd off and almost got 200 yards. I mean ya it was a blowout but that was prob the worst I have seen the Vikings play apart from that 49er game all season. Look how they are playing tonight...burying an inferior team and their offense has 10 points along with 2 sacks and a INT for the D

captSE

Reaction score
kearly":3pf6yqr5 said:
The Rams jumped on pretty much every fumble, and every backbreaking call that was questionable went against Seattle. The Hawks also added about 4 drops for good measure. Seattle outplayed the Rams but when the other team is +10 in the breaks category its very hard to win.
^^^This^^^

Every bounce went towards the Rams. Every bad call was in the Rams favor; we got no bad calls in our favor. Our runnning backs were all what we thought they were. Our blocking back-slid - Cooper Helfet got schooled trying to block. The center did some loopy things on the snaps..one of them looked like a punt from center.

It all adds up to, "any given Sunday".
Poop.

idahohawk

Reaction score
It only exposed how average we have been (and are) this year.

Glad to be in the playoffs. Not expecting much beyond that.

Horrible execution and game plan against the hapless Rams today.

Meh.

9-7 here we come.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
If this loss finally convinces Pete and John that converted defensive players, college TEs and free agents aren't good enough to protect the franchise QB that had 20 mil invested in him, then yeah this loss was a good thing.

OrFan

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":c7ipkuzw said:
If this loss finally convinces Pete and John that converted defensive players, college TEs and free agents aren't good enough to protect the franchise QB that had 20 mil invested in him, then yeah this loss was a good thing.

I think the problem may be that a few years ago they actually drafted a couple linemen high in the draft. After picking Fat Ass and I Quit, they are probably hesitant to do the same again.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
OrFan":ns9lpf79 said:
hawksfansinceday1":ns9lpf79 said:

I think the problem may be that a few years ago they actually drafted a couple linemen high in the draft. After picking Fat Ass and I Quit, they are probably hesitant to do the same again.
Can't argue that. Missing on Crapenter and whiffing on Moffit hurt badly. Doesn't change the fact that improvement is drastically needed and they're going to have to try again. Here's hoping they don't whiff this offseason's draft.

OrFan

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":gqcqae7v said:
OrFan":gqcqae7v said:
hawksfansinceday1":gqcqae7v said:

Can't argue that. Missing on Crapenter and whiffing on Moffit hurt badly. Doesn't change the fact that improvement is drastically needed and they're going to have to try again. Here's hoping they don't whiff this offseason's draft.

Try, try again.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
OrFan":acsi8o6v said:
hawksfansinceday1":acsi8o6v said:
OrFan":acsi8o6v said:
hawksfansinceday1":acsi8o6v said:

Try, try again.
Going to have to man. This ain't cuttin' it except against the poorer defenses in the league.

Hawks46

Reaction score
pmedic920":vpz2d9uk said:
Momentum: I think it matters.
So IMHO this loss hurt.

I'd agree. I don't see us beating AZ, since they have something to play for still. Losing two in a row going into the playoffs isn't a good thing at all. Way better to roll through the last two games like we had been doing to teams.