Does all the hype around the Seahawks this season scare you?

Does the preseason hype of the Seahawks concern you?

• Yes

Votes: 60 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 86 62.3%

• Total voters

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Dan Patrick was the latest NFL expert to pick the Seahawks to make it to the Super Bowl (losing to the Broncos).

I can't remember an offseason that generated so much buzz for this team, even after the Percy Harvin injury.. people are still firm believers in the Seahawks.

Does this concern you at all? I guess being a Seahawks fan for so long has left me 'snakebit' in a sense.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
The only concern I ever have about this kind of thing is if the players start believing the hype and acting as if they can win games just by showing up.

I don't get the sense from this team that they'll operate that way this year. In fact, the last time we saw that happen was in Miami last season, and it didn't happen again after that.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Nope, because it has absolutely no bearing on what happens on the field.

I don't sense that the players and coaches are letting the hype get into their heads. I think they are fully aware they need to bring it every week.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I think this team was built with the makeup to embrace high expectations rather than shy from them. I think we're going to be just fine.

grizbob

Reaction score
Since I've killed the little voice in my head, I'm no longer worried :D :th2thumbs:

pmedic920

Reaction score
No. The ONLY part of it that worries me is, that I have talked so much smack, to my buddies (none of em hawkers) , that I'll NEVER live it down,if we don't do well. Especially week #4. I'm in Houston area.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Yes, it does. We'll be insufferable around here if we lose.

and...

No, it doesn't. We shouldn't lose.

Thanks for allowing both options, Hass!

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
This team comes prepared, even when everyone's picking them to win, they still got a chip on their shoulder. They're not only fighting to win, but always fighting to stay on this team, so they definitely have to show up everyday.

samwize77

Reaction score
Its not the hype that concerns me, its losing :) Of course I want our Hawks to win every game, BUT, if we are going to lose one I hope its this first one ONLY. If the hype has filtered down to the team, then losing this one will bring them back to earth.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":12fltkoq said:

and...

:lol:

Yeah messed up that poll.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
My personal pride is in no way attached to how the Hawks perform. So, No.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":f40yhrmq said:
Ad Hawk":f40yhrmq said:

and...

:lol:

Yeah messed up that poll.

Hah, np! I was actually glad for both options. :th2thumbs:

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1skl3wwk said:
Nope, because it has absolutely no bearing on what happens on the field.

I don't sense that the players and coaches are letting the hype get into their heads. I think they are fully aware they need to bring it every week.

Ditto

keatonisballin

Reaction score
The hype and praise is awesome, but if we dont succeed, itll be terrible. Teams that are hyped this much rarely do as good as advertised. And as a Seahawks fan im not used to this much hype surrounding our team.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Anything less than a Super Bowl victory will be a disappointment for me. Nuff said.

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
It somewhat does just because you know we will be one of the measuring sticks all other teams we play measure themselves against so we will always get their best play. Only other thing that worries me is i would just like to see us start fast this season 4-0 or 5-0 then i won't be worried. This team is better than last years but i feel our schedule is a bit tougher and our division is going to be tougher. Besides the NFC South i am not sure there is a tougher division in football even though i believe ours is the Hardest. The Cardinals and Rams are not teams we can overlook at all. I have complete faith that our team has the ability to go do great things. It's just a matter of them playing the games and going out there and doing it.

Latest posts