Denver Broncos Break down from a Pats Fan

OP
OP
P

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":13xm38ff said:
The Chargers held the Broncos to 20, 27, 28. If Seattle can duplicate a plan like whatever it is the Chargers did, and the weather is cold, Denver might not break 20.

Of course, no one wants to count on that, so I hope the Seattle offense can score 30 and hold Denver to 20-23.

I don't want to rip the Broncos too much, but they did drop lots of points on really bad defenses - the Titans, Raiders, Eagles, Giants, Ravens, Pips, and Cowboys. Their most impressive work was putting up 35 on Kansas City in Arrowhead, I think.

They could have dropped more on many other teams they just didnt run the score up (case in point yesterday they could have gotten at least 3 more on the last drive.)

That said, it comes down to your O, which I dont think anyone would disagree with has been rather skitzo this year. Denver can be beaten deep but do you have the WR take advantage of that? 9The Pats did not, Dobson playing with a bad foot and no Gronk)

Frohawk25360

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3v0hzm6a said:
They played Shady McCoy and he went for 73 yards on 16 carries. The next best back they played that can play the power game was probably Alfred Morris, to be honest. He went for 93 yards on 16 carries with a TD.

The other teams they struggled with had quicker runners that try to bust it outside like Jamaal Charles and Ryan Matthews. I don't really think they've played a guy like Lynch this year, not counting the preseason (because who counts the preseason? No one).
ok thanks now as much as i hate to bring up the harvin effect he does inpact our play calling how will denver defend his quickness on the outside ie flysweep wr screen possibly lining up in the back field

Frohawk25360

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":12f50z4t said:
Smelly McUgly":12f50z4t said:
The Chargers held the Broncos to 20, 27, 28. If Seattle can duplicate a plan like whatever it is the Chargers did, and the weather is cold, Denver might not break 20.

Of course, no one wants to count on that, so I hope the Seattle offense can score 30 and hold Denver to 20-23.

I don't want to rip the Broncos too much, but they did drop lots of points on really bad defenses - the Titans, Raiders, Eagles, Giants, Ravens, Pips, and Cowboys. Their most impressive work was putting up 35 on Kansas City in Arrowhead, I think.

They could have dropped more on many other teams they just didnt run the score up (case in point yesterday they could have gotten at least 3 more on the last drive.)

That said, it comes down to your O, which I dont think anyone would disagree with has been rather skitzo this year. Denver can be beaten deep but do you have the WR take advantage of that? 9The Pats did not, Dobson playing with a bad foot and no Gronk)
when it comes to going deep all of our wr are capable kearse runs a great rout to get seeration baldwin has great hands and tate is great at adjusting to the ball

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Wilson hit Doug for 53 with a moving pocket. They need to implement some more of that. Our WRs get open when Wilson buys time and gets outside the natural pocket, and Denver's secondary isn't particularly intimidating.

Harvin needs to get a helmet like Welker's.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I love our chances against the Broncos. We have EXACTLY the kind of physical defense to give Manning problems throwing the ball............and their defense is average at best, so after playing like 6 straight nasty ass defenses I think our offense is going to go nuts.

Crash123go

Reaction score
Here's why Seattle should be taking us seriously. Denver's defense played the number 5 and number 7 best offense in the league. If you look at the first 3 quarters of both games when the score was still close, those 2 very good offenses scored 3 points. Only 3 points. The only reason the games even looked close was because in both 4th quarters Denver played prevent defense.

Don't forget smart fans, this was the second best defense in football last year so we have the talent to play smash mouth football.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1bwaxdnu said:

For Starters. The league truly needs to take a cue from other high impact sports and mandate better equipment.

Frohawk25360

Reaction score
Crash123go":1tmuba6s said:
Here's why Seattle should be taking us seriously. Denver's defense played the number 5 and number 7 best offense in the league. If you look at the first 3 quarters of both games when the score was still close, those 2 very good offenses scored 3 points. Only 3 points. The only reason the games even looked close was because in both 4th quarters Denver played prevent defense.

Don't forget smart fans, this was the second best defense in football last year so we have the talent to play smash mouth football.
crash how does ur d scheme do the blitz or just bring 4 do they play man or zone have they played a qb that has good scramble ability if so how did they do plz talk x and o here last years d isnt this years and the number 5 and number 7 offenses arent playing anymore so how will they punish our team what should we look for as far as matchups what are your fears and concerns for the game

Frohawk25360

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":1zuwdckp said:
Smelly McUgly":1zuwdckp said:

For Starters. The league truly needs to take a cue from other high impact sports and mandate better equipment.
it doesnt matter how good the helmets are a concussion is when ur brain bounces off ur skull which happens from a abrupt stop i personally have sustained many concussions from the sport i partake in with a certified helmet on

Axx

Reaction score
its going to come down to how many seahawks the broncos can injure with their pick plays.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
5th best offnse in DVOA history vs 7th best defense in DVOA history. Denver's defense is 15th, but is actually better because they lost Von Miller for some time. Our offense is as battle tested as they come and actually has the better receiving corps.

This game will be epic.

Papa-pwn

Reaction score
49ers":y77xpvos said:
No. You Denver & Pats fans know nothing about these NFC West teams. The defense alone will be like nothing you've seen all year. The Pats/Broncos winner was only playing for 2nd place.

I feel bad for Peyton. I hope he doesn't get hurt too badly come Super Bowl Sunday.

Why would he get hurt? Surely you don't mean he'll be sacked much? I mean, considering the fact that he's been sacked 20 times in both the playoffs and regular season combined, doesn't make it seem likely.

For comparison, Wilson has been sacked 19 times in the last 5 games, so perhaps Denver will be the defense garnering the sacks.

Both the Seahawks and the Broncos have 47 sacks in their 16 regular season games + 2 playoff games.

Papa-pwn

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":1f9wtmwi said:
Crash123go":1f9wtmwi said:
Any Fan of any team that thinks this is going to be a cake walk for either side knows nothing about football and hasn't watched either team play. Especially on Denver's side, the media wants you to think were all finesse and have no defense but they couldn't be any more wrong.

You are right def not be a cake walk for either team, BUT if this becomes a defensive battle, IMO Denver is toast! Your D just isnt built for that type of battle.

This is true, but the alternate possibility must be respected as well. Should it become a shoot out, one would be hard pressed to envision Wilson outgunning Manning.

seadoc30

Reaction score
Largent80":3netjdvr said:
Do you think their O-Line is better than SF's?

And I could ask the same question about their run D.

It's not like their oline is world class. It's basically Manning getting rid of the ball extremely quick. I think he leads the league in quick release and it's like 2.3 seconds per pass. Not many rushers are that quick to beat a defender and hit manning.

49ers

Reaction score
49ers":392axh07 said:
This Pats fan doesn't even know anything.

The winner of the NFC Championship was going to win the Super Bowl.

Brady & Manning were each sitting in the pocket making throws against weak defenses. No running game to speak of.

Manning is going to get CRUSHED this game. He's going to have to get the ball out quickly, and the Seahawks know this.

I think the Seahawks just won the Super Bowl, and it won't even be close when it's all said and done. Turnovers will rule all.

33 - 20, just because they let the Broncos score the last touchdown as time winds down.

No. You Denver & Pats fans know nothing about these NFC West teams. The defense alone will be like nothing you've seen all year. The Pats/Broncos winner was only playing for 2nd place.

I feel bad for Peyton. I hope he doesn't get hurt too badly come Super Bowl Sunday.

49ers":392axh07 said:
PatsFanNH":392axh07 said:
As for Brady having time, what game you watch?
Compared to an NFC West game, he had a ton of time. If you think he had very little time in the AFC Championship game, I can't wait for you to see how much time Peyton will have in the Super Bowl.

Crash123go":392axh07 said:
Any Fan of any team that thinks this is going to be a cake walk for either side knows nothing about football and hasn't watched either team play. Especially on Denver's side, the media wants you to think were all finesse and have no defense but they couldn't be any more wrong.
I would disagree and say the exact opposite. Do you know how many top offense have played top defenses in the Super Bowl? It's happened 9 times. How many times did the top offense win? 0. Most of those games were blowouts.

This Super Bowl will be interesting for all of 2+ quarters.
Where are these guys?

Where did I go wrong?

I'm not at all shocked by the outcome.

The 49ers would have done the same to the Broncos had they been there... that's why I'm so upset.

Broncos need to beat a REAL defense during the regular season if they expect to do it in the Super Bowl.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
49ers":1beu9fre said:

Brady & Manning were each sitting in the pocket making throws against weak defenses. No running game to speak of.

Manning is going to get CRUSHED this game. He's going to have to get the ball out quickly, and the Seahawks know this.

I think the Seahawks just won the Super Bowl, and it won't even be close when it's all said and done. Turnovers will rule all.

33 - 20, just because they let the Broncos score the last touchdown as time winds down.

PatsFanNH":1beu9fre said:
As for Brady having time, what game you watch?
Compared to an NFC West game, he had a ton of time. If you think he had very little time in the AFC Championship game, I can't wait for you to see how much time Peyton will have in the Super Bowl.

Crash123go":1beu9fre said:
I would disagree and say the exact opposite. Do you know how many top offense have played top defenses in the Super Bowl? It's happened 9 times. How many times did the top offense win? 0. Most of those games were blowouts.

This Super Bowl will be interesting for all of 2+ quarters.
Where are these guys?

Where did I go wrong?

I'm not at all shocked by the outcome.

The 49ers would have done the same to the Broncos had they been there... that's why I'm so upset.

Broncos need to beat a REAL defense during the regular season if they expect to do it in the Super Bowl.
Cannot disagree!

olyfan63

Reaction score
49ers":1l47fln6 said:

Dude, you were like, psychic!
Gotta respect how you also stayed true to your prognostication, exactly to it, without going overboard one way or the other.
You called the blowout, pretty much the way it happened, except it was even bigger than you foresaw.

I felt like the Hawk games against the 49ers, Cardinals, and Rams were all tougher matchups than what we actually saw in the Super Bowl.
Seattle just matches up well against the Broncos. Denver does have a decent run defense, but we killed them with key plays in the passing game.
Very few people realized Seattle would come out and attack and beat the Broncos suspect pass Defense.

I have no doubt that fast 49ers D would have caused fits for Manning too, and Kaep would have probably had 200 rushing against the Broncos. Glad it's a moot point. See your team next year.

49ers

Reaction score
olyfan63":3cvist0m said:
I felt like the Hawk games against the 49ers, Cardinals, and Rams were all tougher matchups than what we actually saw in the Super Bowl.
Great point.

Could you imagine if the Cards or Rams were in ANY other division in football? We have the best division and it's not even close. Many predict the Seahawks & 49ers to be #1 and #2 going into 2014, and I think it's hard to argue that right now.