Defensive Stategy

renofox

Reaction score
The Seahawks were actually able to make a defensive stop today!

All they need to do is figure out how to draw penalties to get the opposing offense into a 1st and 30 more often!

Every other drive they allowed the Rams into scoring position, but the Seahawks blocked 1 FG (that was kicked so low it probably would have bounced off an OL helmet anyway) and the Rams missed another.

So, outside 1st and 30 and lucky missed FGs, the Seahawks defense doesn't have much of a chance, I guess.

JPatera76

Reaction score
The Seahawks were actually able to make a defensive stop today!

All they need to do is figure out how to draw penalties to get the opposing offense into a 1st and 30 more often!

Every other drive they allowed the Rams into scoring position, but the Seahawks blocked 1 FG (that was kicked so low it probably would have bounced off an OL helmet anyway) and the Rams missed another.

So, outside 1st and 30 and lucky missed FGs, the Seahawks defense doesn't have much of a chance, I guess.
That Jackson ran the wrong way with... lol yes im still annoyed.

mistaowen

Reaction score
The Rams also just missed on two walk in TD's. One ever so slight overthrow by Stafford and an incorrect route by their RB earlier in the game that Stafford screamed at. Both had no Seahawk defender in the vicinity to stop the TD. So should have been an even bigger blow out.

Scout

Reaction score
The problem is that the Hawks play too timid and passively on defense. Almost like they are afraid of giving up a big play which happens anyways when you play marshmellow soft zone.

Primary Soft zone defenses died with the changes of the rules happened with safeties not being able to hit WRs coming over the middle. It is as simple as that.

You can no longer build a defensive identity around a zone defense because NFL teams on offense have the edge to attack the middle all day all the time due to the rule changes (eg. defense-less WR rule).

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
This is the most passive defensive scheme I’ve ever seen. Is it possible to can a DC in season?

Does this guy have something on PC?

JPatera76

Reaction score
All he had to do was run in a straight line on the fg block. I don't now wtf he was thinking
Yeah idk wtf he was thinking either... thats literally all he had to do was run in a straight line as fast as he could and he somehow still screwed that up...

thats like the whole theme of the game today it seemed lol