Defensive Game Plans for Tonight?

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Sit in soft zones and hope Goff messes up. Ok im kidding i hope.

I think we load box and force Goff to beat us.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1uzb8jml said:
.......I think we load box and force Goff to beat us.
ditto

Hopefully we wait til McVay's mike cuts off and then shift our defensive look as well like Belichick did in the SB.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2zpzire0 said:
Sit in soft zones and hope Goff messes up. Ok im kidding i hope.

I think we load box and force Goff to beat us.

unfortunately this is exactly whats going to happen

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The defensive game plan is quadruple cover Cooper Kupp.

/end

Hawker8989

Reaction score
Why not follow the Patriots game plan from SB 53? Goff didn't even get into the red zone.

justafan

Reaction score
I am sure they will have wrinkles but they will do what they do. The big difference I think is will be greater intensity. We are going to need it

sutz

Reaction score
People are getting a little too ahead of themselves IMO and using a lot of wishful thinking that Pete & Co will do things the way fans want them to.

IMO, they'll probably come out in base 4-3, like they usually do. Our front 7 will focus on Gurley, or whoever is in the backfield, to stop the run. We might go nickel or even dime in 3d and long situations. Mostly, we'll play our base zone, with our LBs daring their WRs to run crossing routes through their zones. Plus, of course, we'll run some blitzes at key times to rattle Goff. ;)

Both games last year were one score games, so we can play with them. Play clean, like we did last week and we have a great chance.

LTH

Reaction score
Front 7 get 6 sacks... 4 of them in the 4th... Gurley gets 57 yards on 20 carry's... Goff picked off 3 times all of our base D... LMAO!!! wishful thinking... I 'm just going to watch it happen rather than try to figure it out...

LTH

xray

Reaction score
Zeroing in on the run will force Goff to try and beat the D. This sounds like the best plan ; except Goff might have real good night ; and we know he's got guys that will make the catches . Going to be a chess game with the coaches tonight .
I will be looking at the play calls tonight because ; that will be the difference in this game . Coaches will be on the hook tonight one side or the other . IMO

endzorn

Reaction score
Cover 4 zone with Kendricks and Wright playing close to the line of scrimmage and Wagner deep middle. MK and KJ can drop into a 3 under, but we need to keep our zone tighter to the middle of the field to eliminate crossing routes. Make Goff beat you throwing deep outs that take time to develop and the ball is in the air longer. You risk WRs breaking long ones up the sideline because you have less help outside, but I don’t think Goff can do it. If we go Nickel then I’d rather see a safety in for MK and maintain the heavy look at the line to discourage jet sweeps and stretch-zone runs.

We need to force them to win outside in the passing game and inside in the running game because they murder us the other way around. If we play cover 2 and leave the safeties deep then I’m worried Kupp is going to go 8-150-2.

Latest posts