Cowherd on Brock and Danny show in 15 minutes

Polaris

Reaction score
plyka":1zl1rg4m said:
Polaris":1zl1rg4m said:
Listen to the Vegas wise guys. The public money is all over the Niners. The smart money is on Seattle.

I agree 100%. I heard that 75% of the money is on the 49ers, yet the point spread remains the same at -3.5 for the Hawks. This is quite interesting to me. I think that the smart money is VERY CONVINCED in their pick. Usually they try to get even money on both sides (from what i hear), so it's surprising that they are willing to take SOOO much risk 75% versus 25%, while not budging the point spread at all.

I think Vegas his very big on a Hawks' win.

They are. In fact if you listen to the wise guys, they are convinced that the correct spread for this game should be between 4.5 to 6 depending on who you ask.

amill87

Reaction score
plyka":1dslmrot said:
Polaris":1dslmrot said:
Listen to the Vegas wise guys. The public money is all over the Niners. The smart money is on Seattle.

I agree 100%. I heard that 75% of the money is on the 49ers, yet the point spread remains the same at -3.5 for the Hawks. This is quite interesting to me. I think that the smart money is VERY CONVINCED in their pick. Usually they try to get even money on both sides (from what i hear), so it's surprising that they are willing to take SOOO much risk 75% versus 25%, while not budging the point spread at all.

That is very interesting. But it makes sense. The only 'advantage' the niners hold right now is they are the 'hot hand'. Which I'm sure Vegas doesn't believe in because its not proven to be real. On the other hand we got a similar offense, better defense, best hfa, and rested.

plyka

Reaction score
amill87":kr8xxkj8 said:
plyka":kr8xxkj8 said:
Polaris":kr8xxkj8 said:

That is very interesting. But it makes sense. The only 'advantage' the niners hold right now is they are the 'hot hand'. Which I'm sure Vegas doesn't believe in because its not proven to be real. On the other hand we got a similar offense, better defense, best hfa, and rested.

The Vegas guys and rewatching the games over and over have made me much more comfortable with this game. There was a poll earlier on this site, or i guess i should call it a survey, which requested your comfort level on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being 100% confident. I rated a 4 on my scale. Now i'm closer to a 7.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Colin was the guy that previously said Russel was elite. That sometimes you don't need to "give them time" to figure it out. That you can see out of the gate that they are at another level. Any change in tune on his part is probably just due to the low stats over the last few games.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Unlike most, I'm actually okay with Cowherd. He is what he is and we shouldn't expect him to be some serious Xs and Os guy. He's a talking head and as far as talking heads go, he's far from the worst.

That said . . . . . his "49ers are 4 points away from a 15 game winning streak" is stupid because:
a. The Seahawks did not get blown in a single game
b. They were 2 pts away from losing to Seattle during the winning streak
c. That 15 game winning streak would date back to their game against the Seahawks in Seattle where they were blown out
d. All of the above

Polaris

Reaction score
Not only that, but consider this. It's suddenly fashionable to say "the 49ners are 4pts away from a 16 game win streak", but it's equally true that the 49ners were 2pts and one lucky play against Atlanta (the returned pick six) from losing 2 of their last five. Let's also not forget this is the same team that 'couged' a 17-0 lead against Arizona on their last regular season game, and was one dropped pick-six from beating eliminated in the first round of the playoffs.

Honestly, it's the Niners that have been the recipients of an incredibly lucky streak to this point, but luck runs out.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I heard Brock on the Cowherd show this morning and he basically torpedoed everything negative Cowherd said about Wilson. Cowherd has totally done a 180 on Wilson in the last 5 weeks as someone above pointed out. He was a huge Wilson fan, and now he's making comments like RW being figured out, hitting his ceiling etc.

He give the Niners the benefit of the doubt saying they could have won in NO (and they could have) but ignores they could easily have lost to the Hawks and Falcons at home too. ANyway, no need to worry about the game based on Cowherd picking against us. He's not perfect There's a reason he has a segment on Monday's called "Where Colin was wrong" :)

Now based on this year's track record we just need Simmons to pick against us!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Colin argued that the 99ers have a decided advantage when it comes to offensive playmakers and he said our D's and special teams cancel each other out. It's difficult to argue his logic. If we were to combine both squads who would be the starters? They certainly have us on TE, WR1 & WR2 and probably every position on the OL. Now in most cases you are talking 1 & 1A though it’s very close but I see where he is coming from on his pick.

mikeak

Reaction score
What I find interesting is that RW is a product of a great defense and a great RB

and yet somehow we are going to lose because

RW is struggling.........?????????????

I thought that he wasn't very important

Seeker

Reaction score
we shut they're "weapons" down like everytime though so.....

aawolf

Reaction score
Wilson needs to have a great game to shut up the haters. That's it. He's the winningest 2d year QB ALL TIME, he has more TD Passes than anyone except Dan Moreno in his second year ALL TIME, but he's not as good as Kapaernick? WTF? He beats him across the board statistically and he's not as good?

I don't want the Seahawks to pad his stats and risk losing, but if we are winning by 14 points at any point, rest the beast, and just let Russell air it out and run up the score on them.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Polaris":znhs3gq1 said:
Well, the Vegas wise guys are just trying to make money. That's not tied to who they think will win. :)

halps80

Reaction score
Colin needs to be told that the seahawks are 15 points from a perfect regular season.

amill87

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":jnaw85gy said:
Polaris":jnaw85gy said:
Well, the Vegas wise guys are just trying to make money. That's not tied to who they think will win. :)

If the Hawks win, they will make a lot money. If it's true 75% of public money is on the Niners winning and they have yet to adjust the line to even out the public bet, that means they are confident in the Hawks.

brimsalabim":jnaw85gy said:
Colin argued that the 99ers have a decided advantage when it comes to offensive playmakers and he said our D's and special teams cancel each other out. It's difficult to argue his logic. If we were to combine both squads who would be the starters? They certainly have us on TE, WR1 & WR2 and probably every position on the OL. Now in most cases you are talking 1 & 1A though it’s very close but I see where he is coming from on his pick.

Actually it's not that hard to argue his logic. For all the lack of play makers on our offense, our offense has kept pace with the Niners even during the past 5 games Wilson has struggled and the Hawks have faced significantly better defenses (4 top 10, 2 top 5), while the Niners have played 2 top 10 defenses and one top 5 defense.

And the defenses aren't close. The Niners are going off reputation here, our defense is head and shoulders above theirs. We have more sacks, turnovers, allowed fewer points, allowed fewer yards, destroyed them in passing yards, and gave up only 100 more yards rushing. We are better than them in nearly every single defensive category.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Polaris":3obz9o0c said:

There's a reason all those pretty lights in Vegas stay on, public money losers.

Hawks46

Reaction score
We had the hot hand last year.

After the back to back roadtrips to the east coast, you could see the fatigue in our defense at the end of the Atltanta game.

If we keep it close, it will look the same for us this week. The Niners will use up all their energy to keep the game close for the first 3 quarters, then run out of gas and we'll run away with it. (pun intended)

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Polaris":1r5efiwj said:
CrimsonWazzu":1r5efiwj said:
I think the "hot hand" factor is hard for some of the talking heads to overcome because of the last few years. Colin is a fairly rational guy, doesn't mean he's right all the time, but he makes good points and it really comes down to a gut feeling and whether you think home field and intangibles will overcome the "hot hand" factor.

But yeah, he's wrong.

The problem with the "hot hand" theory is that it's purely psychological. If you actually look at the statistics over the past several years, the "hot hand" theory is laughable. The last time a team won the superbowl going in with a 2+ win streak going into the playoffs is the 2005 Steelers. Baltimore was not the best team and limped into the playoffs last year with a 1-4 record down the stretch.

Basically people see a team winning, get attached to that team (called the recency efffect).

Haha exactly. I was actually SHOCKED the Ravens won the superbowl. Flacco wasnt playing that great and they fired the OCoordinator mid season. What playoff team does that? Than SOMEHOW Flacco and Boldin just light the league up in the playoffs and Flacco has one of the best postseasons EVER by a QB. And now this year they are back to being shit.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I would also like to add in response to everything else how in the 2nd game AT HOME Wilson only had 8 completions and the passing game was practically non existant except for 1 long bomb to Baldwin, and a PA pass to Lynch on the left side all alone. Than I think Rice and Tate had like 15-20 yard catches each and that was the majority of our yardage. 8 COMPLETIONS!!!! and we blew them out. I dont see how we can POSSIBLY be worse than that this week.