Confirmation that Jim Harbaugh = Massengill

samwize77

Reaction score
Kap went 16-23 243yds 2 tds
Sando thought this after the game: "Colin Kaepernick was so impressive in his debut that he may remain in that spot even after Alex Smith comes back". Kinda prophetic.

I didn't see the game, but those aren't bad numbers for a first time start of the year. I'm guessing he also was "muzzled" just a bit.

Wilson avg about 24.5 attempts per game over the whole season. I guess you have to make up your own mind if "he was throwing all over the place". Looks pretty good to me though.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2wxuyycs said:
Scottemojo":2wxuyycs said:
You should watch it. I was surprised at the time, and the times I have watched since, just how well they attacked that secondary. A lot of midrange stuff, but at the time I had been watching a handcuffed Wilson all year and Kaepernick had way more trust placed in him immediately.
Well he should have given he was a 2nd year quarterback. NOT a rookie like the media desperately wants to paint it out like. That is a world of difference in the NFL and really any professional elite level athletic situation.
So why did Pete say last year that his conservative playbook for Wilson would have been the same for Flynn? Flynn was a 5 year player.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
samwize77":1tsgxgfc said:
Sando thought this after the game: "Colin Kaepernick was so impressive in his debut that he may remain in that spot even after Alex Smith comes back". Kinda prophetic.

I didn't see the game, but those aren't bad numbers for a first time start of the year. I'm guessing he also was "muzzled" just a bit.

Wilson avg about 24.5 attempts per game over the whole season. I guess you have to make up your own mind if "he was throwing all over the place". Looks pretty good to me though.
Over 10 yards per attempt is silly numbers.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
799265c0c822284644c328ca883b8ddd_large

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3pdubl9l said:
KCHawkGirl":3pdubl9l said:
Scottemojo":3pdubl9l said:
You should watch it. I was surprised at the time, and the times I have watched since, just how well they attacked that secondary. A lot of midrange stuff, but at the time I had been watching a handcuffed Wilson all year and Kaepernick had way more trust placed in him immediately.
Well he should have given he was a 2nd year quarterback. NOT a rookie like the media desperately wants to paint it out like. That is a world of difference in the NFL and really any professional elite level athletic situation.
So why did Pete say last year that his conservative playbook for Wilson would have been the same for Flynn? Flynn was a 5 year player.
Because Pete is generally conservative on offense? Or didn't see Flynn as the solution? What does that have to do with Keap? My observation about the NFL is that it is usually in the 2nd year do players make their largest jump. Also a year to study a playbook is more than enough time for a quarterback not to be handcuffed and limited unless they just don't have the talent (A. Smith).

samwize77

Reaction score
Not to get to grotesques here, but I keep getting this vision of the look on Mr Douches face while dropping "the bomb" during one of his nighttime sessions with his wife! Oh my God!! I don't know if I should puke or laugh! (or put a gun to my head if the visions don't stop!!..lol
edit: Sorry, what were we talking about?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2dqj08ji said:
KCHawkGirl":2dqj08ji said:
Scottemojo":2dqj08ji said:
Coach speak? Perhaps his answer was to quell questions more about his approach there.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
NinerLifer":3hll7nhk said:
Despite everything that has been posted in this thread, what does it matter?

The guy just flat out is a great coach that obviously knows how to win.

I'd rather have Harbaugh with all of his antics, than have a coach that ends up sitting on the couch with the rest of his teams fans deep in the post season.
Well, I'll take a stab at an answer. Though I grant that Harbaugh is "quirky" (to put it nicely), I can't really get into a bashing session of relative morality. Meaning, anyone being labeled as the things being said... is being labeled from a standard - without defining what that standard is. I read a lot of "He's this and I'm not" business. That's hard to live up to. Personally, I try not to compare myself to others (though in my mind, of course I do - as we all futilely do)... even those that seem like easy targets as examples to say "I'm not like that guy." (My take: Yes, we all are equally so - at least in one key ultimate sense. Same stuff, different address. Another topic not allowed in this forum.) Having said that...
Yes, Harbaugh is in the spotlight and has gone off in public. Too, there is a track record of him being perhaps a bit socially awkward (again, to put it nicely - as we all perhaps should. But, it's a bit more fun/folly to take jabs, I guess.) Having said all that... no matter what conclusions others want to draw about his character, character usually does end up mattering when you are leading others. I think the case has been made that it can catch up with you. That seems to be the pattern with JHb. The quirky overly-passionate characteristics can be what makes him a good coach (by the way, I thought you said one would need several years before you would call them "great" - see RW/CK thread, et al. ;) ) But, just remember... those same volatile characteristics can also quickly lead to one's fall from popularity as well. He's not winning any popularity contests outside of the team that is counting on him to lead them. I do think it's relevant to bring up how past players view him. That is a glimpse into "why it matters." Any fan would say pretty much the same thing you're saying about wanting to see your team win. The issue, though... will it be short-lived while all the "other" teams you mention could be building for more long term success with a more stable leader? JHb can obviously coach - at least come into a media favorite, underachieving team with talent already on the roster from several poor years and high draft picks... and add his fire for a time for at least short term success. We'll see how he and the organization with JHb manage or mis-manage all that.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
NinerLifer":kk457uk1 said:
According to most of you guys on here, you have the most talented roster than you guys have had in like ever. Does that mean that if Pete doesn't coach your team into the SB that you will be calling for his head the next off-season? You guys claim that Harbs inherited a great team that just needed a good coach to take it somewhere, which might very well be true as I am not arguing that. But after all this re-building that you give PC credit for, if he doesn't take you guys to the SB this year...what does it matter?

No matter what a coach does during the off-season or even during the duration of a season, none of it matters unless you have something to show for all of it in the end of that season. Of course there are different opinions on what is good enough to be qualified as "something", but I think we can all agree that achieving more than the rest of your conference is deffinately "something" that every team shoots for.

Anything less than that is just a Brownie Button in comparison.
Let's see... how many logical fallacies are in this post. We've got the red-herring/poisoning the well bit. We've got sweeping generalization. "A quarrel can end a good argument" and you're quarreling, not arguing.

Newsflash... there are some pretty good teams in the NFL and I don't think you'll find too many Seahawks fans saying we've got it in the bag. I think we all pretty much acknowledge there are several capable teams and many improving teams. There are many factors that would make it all the sweeter to win the Super Bowl this year (strength of schedule, tough division, tough road schedule, etc.) Of course the games have to be played and perhaps no one will give consideration to various factors and extra-challenges some teams face in addition to playing the games.

Looking ahead, Seahawks fans have good reason to be excited when our favorite team is being mentioned as having as good a shot as any team this year (and any year, for that matter.) So, that matters. It matters to be in a position to have a shot. What you don't like is that the Hawks are being said to perhaps have the best shot... even over the 49ers. That's the issue here. It matters that the team is being built the right way (and not just by PC. Much credit goes to JS. Ownership... the entire organization.) It matters that Russell Wilson is a special player.

When a team has high hopes... of course it would be disappointing to not achieve the ultimate goal. I'm sure you don't need someone to tell you that. Your act is a bit disenchanting, especially on a Seahawks fan board. If the team was looking destined for the cellar, of course all our "talk" would sound like homerism. But, that's not the case now, is it. So, it's you, buddy. You're projecting on us. You're pouting like a 3rd grader who didn't get his way. But, again... you're here along with other Niner fans to purely talk football and improve the interaction of this forum.

(Per Roland's charge... I've attempted to use the "enter" button on occasion.)

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":39atywdq said:
Don't forget that your keyboard has an enter key, Team. ;)
Sorry, man. I try sometimes to write more properly - especially as to make it easier to read. But, I don't pretend to be a writer. I'll try to remember what you've said and give everyone's eyes a break. I guess forums aren't on the same level as email and texting. So, all this matters a bit more - at least for courtesy (even for 49ers fans) - and I don't mind the friendly suggestion.
(enter)
Thanks
(enter)
Team of the Century

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Lol, wiseass. I had a valid point, though! I swear! (I still read it when it was a block of text, just FYI.)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":e77w3d7h said:
NinerLifer":e77w3d7h said:
According to most of you guys on here, you have the most talented roster than you guys have had in like ever. Does that mean that if Pete doesn't coach your team into the SB that you will be calling for his head the next off-season? You guys claim that Harbs inherited a great team that just needed a good coach to take it somewhere, which might very well be true as I am not arguing that. But after all this re-building that you give PC credit for, if he doesn't take you guys to the SB this year...what does it matter?

No matter what a coach does during the off-season or even during the duration of a season, none of it matters unless you have something to show for all of it in the end of that season. Of course there are different opinions on what is good enough to be qualified as "something", but I think we can all agree that achieving more than the rest of your conference is deffinately "something" that every team shoots for.

Let's see... how many logical fallacies are in this post. We've got the red-herring/poisoning the well bit. We've got sweeping generalization. "A quarrel can end a good argument" and you're quarreling, not arguing.

Newsflash... there are some pretty good teams in the NFL and I don't think you'll find too many Seahawks fans saying we've got it in the bag. I think we all pretty much acknowledge there are several capable teams and many improving teams. There are many factors that would make it all the sweeter to win the Super Bowl this year (strength of schedule, tough division, tough road schedule, etc.) Of course the games have to be played and perhaps no one will give consideration to various factors and extra-challenges some teams face in addition to playing the games.

Looking ahead, Seahawks fans have good reason to be excited when our favorite team is being mentioned as having as good a shot as any team this year (and any year, for that matter.) So, that matters. It matters to be in a position to have a shot. What you don't like is that the Hawks are being said to perhaps have the best shot... even over the 49ers. That's the issue here. It matters that the team is being built the right way (and not just by PC. Much credit goes to JS. Ownership... the entire organization.) It matters that Russell Wilson is a special player.

When a team has high hopes... of course it would be disappointing to not achieve the ultimate goal. I'm sure you don't need someone to tell you that. Your act is a bit disenchanting, especially on a Seahawks fan board. If the team was looking destined for the cellar, of course all our "talk" would sound like homerism. But, that's not the case now, is it. So, it's you, buddy. You're projecting on us. You're pouting like a 3rd grader who didn't get his way. But, again... you're here along with other Niner fans to purely talk football and improve the interaction of this forum.

Thanks for articulating my view so well TotC. Also thanks for the pretty spacing it made it far easier on my eyes. :)

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2ft3wcz0 said:
Lol, wiseass. I had a valid point, though! I swear! (I still read it when it was a block of text, just FYI.)
Lol. Man, you got me. :oops: Even when I agree I still can be a wise guy about it. The paragraph was sincere. The 2 "enter's" were wise guy. :lol:

NinerLifer

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":1uqe856k said:
NinerLifer":1uqe856k said:

Thanks for agreeing with my intentions of being here to talk football and improve the interaction of this forum.

Don't understand the 3rd grader remark. Maybe too much effort on your part to find/create negativity from a Niner fans post.

Try to stay on topic bud. :thirishdrinkers:

rideaducati

Reaction score
samwize77":1h7q3z5c said:

That game was against a team that had no intentions of winning. The Bears started Campbell at QB. The Bears gave up before the coin toss.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
rideaducati":1xjysl3c said:
samwize77":1xjysl3c said:

That game was against a team that had no intentions of winning. The Bears started Campbell at QB. The Bears gave up before the coin toss.

Who was QB for the bears had no effect on how Kaep played that night. The Bears defense up to that point was being compared to the '85 bears D. The fact that Kaep made them look like a sandlot D is nothing short of amazing.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
NinerLifer":24p639rx said:
rideaducati":24p639rx said:
samwize77":24p639rx said:

Who was QB for the bears had no effect on how Kaep played that night. The Bears defense up to that point was being compared to the '85 bears D. The fact that Kaep made them look like a sandlot D is nothing short of amazing.

BUHWHAAAA!!! Come on really?

You really think a team that has given up on the season and is starting their backup is going to give you their best defense?

The 85 bears? Really? No really? Come on man, the only compliments that team had was before Seattle rolled into town and ripped their hearts out and even then it was never considered to be able to sniff the jock of the 85 bears team. They were doing good on take away's but that is about it.

It is post's like yours that make everyone laugh at Niner fans. Quit imagining that fans outside a San Francisco put their blinders on and drink that salty cool aide so they can see what you think you do.

Keap did well in that game and several besides it but the Bears were in a screw it mode and had no idea Harbaugh was going to put in the game plan he did. The variation from an Alex Smith run offense and a Papaki offense was night and day. Even if the Bears were in a playoff hunt they couldn't game plan for the different game plan.

Check a little bit of reality sometime and you will see that more people might take you seriously.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Rich, not sure you are on the same page with reality on this one...seriously.

You are saying that because they threw JC in to start that means they gave up on the season??? Do you even remember why he started??? How can you say that they had given up on the season at that point???

Think what you want bro... :th2thumbs: