Colts Ring of Honor

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I went to a Colts preseason game and smirked in disbelief when I looked up to see a ring of honor that featured Jim Harbaugh (21-28 as a Colt starting QB) and "12th Man" (Colt fans are as quiet as they get).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indianapol ... g_of_Honor

I realize that the Colts weren't trolling us on purpose with these entries, but the Hawks really should step in and teach them some propriety on Sunday anyway. Looking forward to finally getting to rep Seahawk nation at a game in person this week.

LotsOfLuck

Reaction score
Back in the days of the RCA Dome, the Patriots used to complain that they thought we were piping in noise because it was so loud. I don't think the fans have changed but the new place doesn't retain the noise nearly as well as the dome did.

Brahn

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1mo9ihsf said:
I went to a Colts preseason game and smirked in disbelief when I looked up to see a ring of honor that featured Jim Harbaugh (21-28 as a Colt starting QB) and "12th Man" (Colt fans are as quiet as they get).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indianapol ... g_of_Honor

I realize that the Colts weren't trolling us on purpose with these entries, but the Hawks really should step in and teach them some propriety on Sunday anyway. Looking forward to finally getting to rep Seahawk nation at a game in person this week.

It is even more fitting when you look at his yearly stats and realize he is Jay Cutler with less wins.

BlueShoe

Reaction score
It is not the quantity of time in what Jim Harbaugh brought us, but rather the quality.

Before 1995 we had only been to one playoff game since moving to Indy in 1984, and that was hugely assisted by the strike in 1987. During the 84-94 years we were at times the worst team in the league, especially in 1991 when we only won 1 game.

Jim Harbaugh took us on a special ride in 1995 that ended within a hail-mary of taking us to the Super Bowl. We almost beat Pittsburgh and would have played the Dallas Cowboys in the Super Bowl. We became relevant for the first time in Indianapolis Colts history.

Throughout the 1995 season Harbaugh led us to several comeback wins, and at first came off the bench to do it. He was labeled by the media as Captain Comeback. It was a very special time for Colts fans.

That is why Jim Harbaugh is in our Ring of Honor. We all Love Harbaugh.

The Radish

Reaction score
lol you will find not that much love for a guy that for us has been a loud mouth that acts like a 3rd grader at a 4th graders picnic. lol

But I understand where you are coming from.

:les:

BlueShoe

Reaction score
The Radish":1um3d0s3 said:
lol you will find not that much love for a guy that for us has been a loud mouth that acts like a 3rd grader at a 4th graders picnic. lol

But I understand where you are coming from.

I can understand why Harbaugh does not have much love from Seattle fans. :)

Just trying to explain why he is in our Ring of Honor to those who may not know.

He has always had a short temper. Once he even punched Jim Kelly in the face, but even the Bills fans understood that one. lol

BlueShoe

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2wp71dl9 said:
"12th Man" (Colt fans are as quiet as they get).

Actually we use to have the loudest stadium in the NFL. The RCA (Hoosier) Dome held in the noise much like the Dome you play in now.

OP
OP
MidwestHawker

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
BlueShoe":f5dvsh3j said:
It is not the quantity of time in what Jim Harbaugh brought us, but rather the quality.

Before 1995 we had only been to one playoff game since moving to Indy in 1984, and that was hugely assisted by the strike in 1987. During the 84-94 years we were at times the worst team in the league, especially in 1991 when we only won 1 game.

Jim Harbaugh took us on a special ride in 1995 that ended within a hail-mary of taking us to the Super Bowl. We almost beat Pittsburgh and would have played the Dallas Cowboys in the Super Bowl. We became relevant for the first time in Indianapolis Colts history.

Throughout the 1995 season Harbaugh led us to several comeback wins, and at first came off the bench to do it. He was labeled by the media as Captain Comeback. It was a very special time for Colts fans.

You forgot about the part where he never became a functional member of adult society.

The Radish

Reaction score
BlueShoe":23eajo1b said:
MidwestHawker":23eajo1b said:

Actually we use to have the loudest stadium in the NFL. The RCA (Hoosier) Dome held in the noise much like the Dome you play in now.

I remember hearing about the Hoosier Dome.

Funny thing is our place is not a dome, but an open air stadium.

OP
OP
MidwestHawker

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
BlueShoe":25wac0sw said:
MidwestHawker":25wac0sw said:

We play in an open air stadium. We just make it sound like a dome.

BlueShoe

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1bsgzmul said:
BlueShoe":1bsgzmul said:

You forgot about the part where he never became a functional member of adult society.

I am not here to bicker with you about Jim Harbaugh. I was just explaining why he is in our Ring of Honor, because I know it can be questionable to an outside fan.

BlueShoe

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":j29xh22s said:
BlueShoe":j29xh22s said:
MidwestHawker":j29xh22s said:

We play in an open air stadium. We just make it sound like a dome.

I read where you all broke a record for the loudest stadium ever a few weeks ago. I believe it was against the 49ers, right?

I am certainly glad we are playing this game at home. :)

BlueShoe

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3nc93v9k said:
Ahh yes the Hoosier dome. Kind of like the King Dome only quieter.

It is a lot quieter now, because it is a parking lot. :)

Al Michaels once said our dome was the loudest stadium in the NFL.

OP
OP
MidwestHawker

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
BlueShoe":27o25k5d said:
MidwestHawker":27o25k5d said:
BlueShoe":27o25k5d said:

I am not here to bicker with you about Jim Harbaugh. I was just explaining why he is in our Ring of Honor, because I know it can be questionable to an outside fan.

You seem like a nice guy, as Colt fans tend to be, so I won't give you too hard of a time. I mostly wanted to post this thread to conjure up some sort of heat for the next matchup, since anything Harbaugh makes a lot of us boil over.

BlueShoe

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":27qxu1s6 said:
BlueShoe":27qxu1s6 said:
MidwestHawker":27qxu1s6 said:
BlueShoe":27qxu1s6 said:

You seem like a nice guy, as Colt fans tend to be, so I won't give you too hard of a time. I mostly wanted to post this thread to conjure up some sort of heat for the next matchup, since anything Harbaugh makes a lot of us boil over.

I completely understand. It makes it more fun when there is a villain. :)

peytonmanning18

Reaction score
As a Colts fan and former season ticket holder, I have often laughed at our Ring of Honor. Back in the 90s when the Colts were terrible they needed someone to put in the ROH so they settled on some pretty average players. Harbaugh, Hinton, Brooks just to name a few. They were all solid players for the Colts but not guys who belong in any ring of honor.

As far as saying Colts fans are quiet, you must have went a pretty bad game when you were there. Since they moved into the new stadium things haven't been the same. For a big game in the old RCA Dome, the crowd was deafening. I was at the AFC Championship game in January of 2007 and that is the loudest I have ever heard any place. It was ridiculous. The new stadium just doesn't keep the noise in and the upper level is so far away from the field that the fans that sit that high just don't feel connected to the game the same way you did at the Dome. Everyone went nuts at the dome because you were so close to the field that you thought your screams might actually make a difference. The highest row at the RCA dome was probably only halfway up the new stadium. The loudest I have ever heard the new stadium was against New England in 2009 at the 4th and 2 game and it was ok but not even close to the RCA Dome.

Latest posts