Cody Barton Balled out and made the play of the game

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
8 solo tackles, 1 sack, 1 QB hit and 2 TFL's. The biggest play was his TFL in the 4th qtr with 2 mins left that put Denver in a 2nd and 14 situation. That completely changed the next 2 plays.

keasley45

Reaction score
I'm telling you, Barton looked better than Bobby last year when he was given a shot to play. Faster, more explosive, and the guy has a nose for the QB and the speed to get there.

Comparing Bobby's performance last week to what I've seen out of Barton, with him and Brook in the middle, I'd go with the new duo even if Bobby were made available. He might not be HOF great, but Barton is a solid, solid player.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I admit, I wasn't that high on Barton and never understood why Wyman was so ga-ga over him but damn, yesterday he looked like a legit pro bowler.

keasley45

Reaction score
the thing that put him in the doghouse was being out of position and subsequent missed tackles. the measurables (great 3 cone and 20 yd shuttle, vital indicators for a good backer) and mental processing have always been there. dude plays like a wild man

There were a few times when it looked like the leadership position in thr middle was being shared between him and Brooks. I saw it as not so much an indictment of Brooks as it was a testament to Barton. The dude knows the game. Very valuable player on D.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
There were a few times when it looked like the leadership position in thr middle was being shared between him and Brooks. I saw it as not so much an indictment of Brooks as it was a testament to Barton. The dude knows the game. Very valuable player on D.
yeah, proof he's taken ownership