C'mon man.

raisethe3

Reaction score
80974194_10157765634824356_5313350178420293632_n.jpg

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Not when the Seahawks are involved.

However, if it had been a 49er TE, well that's PI. It's pretty obvious.

RW92

Reaction score
Nothing you can do about a bad call except move on. I would have like to see the leagues reaction if that were the Saints in the playoff game this weekend against the Vikings.

evergreen

Reaction score
That could very well be why the Saints are playing this weekend.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
No one outside of Richard Sherman and Niners fans thinks this wasn't DPI.

Even if they want to argue that Hollister "pushed off," which is a gross exaggeration lol...Warner did not turn around and play the ball. AT ALL. He literally held Hollister's arms down while the ball was in the air, and never turned around to play the ball.

That's basic PI...and I would have the decency to admit that (while still being happy about the win) if the shoe was on the other foot. But most Niner fans I've come across are self centered and incapable of an objective opinion on this.

Jville

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2op8f911 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2op8f911 said:
evergreen":2op8f911 said:
Yep, Saints got screwed by a non-call in a game that they weren't even playing in

Their fan board is taking it personally as it made them the three seed:

https://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2 ... awks-49ers

As a side note .....................

Many recognize a considerable history of the Saints being given the shaft for the benefit of the 49ers.

Some predict that the NFL West will deteriorate into a California duality consisting of San Francisco and Los Angeles. A future state of affairs in which Arizona and Seattle will be relegated to non competitive roles just as Atlanta and New Orleans were during most of their NFC West history.

Given it's history, the NFL may indeed purposely see to that future arrangement.

irfuben32

Reaction score
I like what Hollister said. It was pass interference. Sometimes you get that call, sometime ya don't.

olyfan63

Reaction score
While personally I would interpret this as DPI, I don't think it's as cut and dried as we like.
What I DO see, more cut and dried, is a defensive hold, with Niner DB having his left arm on Hollister's shoulder like that, preventing him from turning. Of course, once the ball is in the air, it becomes PI.

I think the decision was made in New York partially on entertainment value, rather than rules interpretation. NFL has been very reluctant all year to overrule PI decisions with replay, so this non-reversal from the booth is consistent with that reluctance.

I don't know if defensive holding is a "reviewable" thing. Anyone else know, offhand?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Jville":16ssj0f7 said:
SantaClaraHawk":16ssj0f7 said:
hawksfansinceday1":16ssj0f7 said:
evergreen":16ssj0f7 said:
Yep, Saints got screwed by a non-call in a game that they weren't even playing in

Their fan board is taking it personally as it made them the three seed:

https://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2 ... awks-49ers

As a side note .....................

Many recognize a considerable history of the Saints being given the shaft for the benefit of the 49ers.

Some predict that the NFL West will deteriorate into a California duality consisting of San Francisco and Los Angeles. A future state of affairs in which Arizona and Seattle will be relegated to non competitive roles just as Atlanta and New Orleans were during most of their NFC West history.

Given it's history, the NFL may indeed purposely see to that future arrangement.
That's when it's time to quit the NFL

blaisio

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but i almost feel like the refs have been less likely to call a pass interference/defensive hold later in games BECAUSE there is supposed to be replays. Like they were told, don't decide the game we will look at it from New York. Well, at least there are supposed to be reviews in the last 2 min to the end of the halfs.

Maybe the refs see it as an "I dont want to eff up the call" , so they put it in New Yorks hands and dont throw the flag. The problem is that New York doesn't seem to want to make the right call either.

I wonder if anyone has done any year over year difference of dpi in the last 2 min. Be interesting.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I notice some saying well it's holding and not PI..
Holding is called away from the pass ..If there is holding on WR
and pass is in area then it's PI..You are interfering with a catch.
The picture above couldn't be more clear.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Scorpion05":21c99if5 said:
But most Niner fans I've come across are self centered and incapable of an objective opinion on this.

Don't know about self-centered, but incapable of an objective opinion on game changing calls that relate to their team is true of most of the fanbases of all teams across all sports.

That many 9ers fans find ways to talk away, around, or deny a clear error is no different than all the other "The entire world except ____ fanbase can see the obvious" things that you can find everywhere, including here.

Mind you, I'm not opposed to making fun of them for it just as I'm not opposed to making fun of other fanbases for it too, but I don't think there's anything at all exceptional about many of them doing it either.

olyfan63

Reaction score
IndyHawk":9c87l7zf said:
I notice some saying well it's holding and not PI..
Holding is called away from the pass ..If there is holding on WR
and pass is in area then it's PI..You are interfering with a catch.
The picture above couldn't be more clear.

That was me saying it fits the definition of defensive holding.
By definition, holding while the ball is in the air should be DPI.

The defender's hand on Hollister's shoulder pads restraining him as he tries to pivot, (holding) should have been DPI. The NFL works in mysterious ways sometimes.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1f10c598 said:
Scorpion05":1f10c598 said:
But most Niner fans I've come across are self centered and incapable of an objective opinion on this.

Don't know about self-centered, but incapable of an objective opinion on game changing calls that relate to their team is true of most of the fanbases of all teams across all sports.

That many 9ers fans find ways to talk away, around, or deny a clear error is no different than all the other "The entire world except ____ fanbase can see the obvious" things that you can find everywhere, including here.

Mind you, I'm not opposed to making fun of them for it just as I'm not opposed to making fun of other fanbases for it too, but I don't think there's anything at all exceptional about many of them doing it either.

Correct. The fail mary immediately comes to mind.