Cleveland Guardians @ Seattle Mariners Apr1-3...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Time for the offense to ramp up a bit. Will be very interesting to see how Hancock does. Def. some mixed reviews on him.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
I was really encouraged by the 10th inning Sat night. Would love to see less swinging for the fences and more RBI singles and doubles. :)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That was a blast. I was in the middle of my gig and kept peeking over at the tv. Then the bar went nuts and I could see the walk off.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Sending France there with Julio on deck bases loaded? Many Acta is trash. Always has been. Dude should not be managing anything, not even 3rd base. Of course almost a decade in Scotty still has him there lmao

JPatera76

Reaction score
Jfc… I’m very unimpressed and uninspired by this team. Something just seems off.
Motivation? Just Jogging and letting a ball drop infront that catchable? 🤷 just something seems off

And Servais, panics and yanks the pitcher after 1 HR? .. dudes a shit manager, happy with “status quo” and “good enough”

Crizilla

Reaction score
Canzone has energy at the plate, just not in the outfield.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Jfc… I’m very unimpressed and uninspired by this team. Something just seems off.
Motivation? Just Jogging and letting a ball drop infront that catchable? 🤷 just something seems off

And Servais, panics and yanks the pitcher after 1 HR? .. dudes a shit manager, happy with “status quo” and “good enough”
I get the impression they hate playing in Seattle this time of year. The top 10-15 home run hitters so far all play in Cali, Texas, or Arizona lol. Or in NY with the short porch. But yeah you're right very uninspired looking team. That falls on the coaching. I hate seeing nobody calm Julio down. He desperately needs an ex player veteran like Cruz or someone in the dugout with him.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I get the impression they hate playing in Seattle this time of year. The top 10-15 home run hitters so far all play in Cali, Texas, or Arizona lol. Or in NY with the short porch. But yeah you're right very uninspired looking team. That falls on the coaching. I hate seeing nobody calm Julio down. He desperately needs an ex player veteran like Cruz or someone in the dugout with him.
100% agree

Ruminator

Reaction score
Deja vu of the first couple weeks of last season. I seem to recall commenting along the lines of how they appear to think it's still just spring training where the games don't count yet. Of course, they know the games do count, so it's a real head-scratcher. Maybe they're in extreme caution mode -- don't pull that hamstring, don't strain that quad! Guess we're fortunate they're 3-2 and not 0-5.

Threedee

Reaction score
Sending France there with Julio on deck bases loaded? Many Acta is trash. Always has been. Dude should not be managing anything, not even 3rd base. Of course almost a decade in Scotty still has him there lmao
Somehow our base coaches of the 2010-2013 era never got fired after the blooper reel of fail that they produced. Scott is just keeping with tradition.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Couldn't agree MORE on Acta. He is BRUTAL. There's ZERO excuse for sending guys like he does. Esp. slow ones.

NoGain

Reaction score
Funny little story about the Cleveland Guardians. I'm working at my middle school and going through my attendance procedure at the beginning of one of my classes. I finally come to the last student on that list and she informs me that she will be missing three days of school at the beginning of spring break, and then a few days after spring break as well.

So I ask her where she is going for vacation on spring break. She tells me she will be spending time with her father in the bay area, then in Seattle, and then she will be traveling to Cleveland to spend a few more days time with him. I then asked her what her father does for a living and she tells me he is the manager of the Cleveland Guardians.

I of course do a double take and say "manager of the Cleveland Guardians?" Yes, she says rather modestly. I say "really...manager of THE Cleveland Guardians?" Yes, she reiterates.

Now, I had no idea who the Cleveland Guardians manager was at the time, only knowing that Terry Francona had been the manager there for years.

Still filled with curiosity, at the end of class I Googled to see who the Guardians new manager was and sure enough his last name was the same as hers, Stephen Vogt. I knew of him as a catcher for a few teams only a few years before that, and thought he must be one of the youngest managers in the bigs now.

Anyway...that's my little story about the Cleveland Guardians.

Last edited:

Ruminator

Reaction score
Ah so that's how the Ms managed to win last night -- you must have asked her to ask her father for a favor, on behalf of the Ms. Hopefully for the entire series!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just so you guys know: If the M's score more runs than Cleveland tonight, they're gonna' win the game.