Clemons reiterates he will be ready for game 1

volsunghawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":13bcsxc5 said:
Hawks46":13bcsxc5 said:
Imagine running as fast as you can, then lean at a 45 degree angle and run into a 325 lb man that is pushing you back. Now, do it all with 65% or more of your body weight on one leg.

I tried. That's an awful lot to imagine.

Maybe he means you're just supposed to imagine running as fast as you can, and then while you're imagining, actually lean at that angle and run into a guy. I would think the imagining would make all the rest of it a bit harder to do, since you're not focused on the task at hand.

As for that last bit, it's super easy to imagine with 65% of your body weight on one leg. Piece of cake.

chihawk

Reaction score
There is no way he would know at this point if he is going to be ready or not for week 1. He can plan on being back and say that he will be back and will likely do that until he is ruled out of a game....which is likely not to happen until right before the season starts. At that point it will likely be week to week unless he is not at all close to being ready and placed on PUP list instead. Up until that point it's most likely just speculation and wild guesses.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I can't remember, was it just a tear, or did he sever it? Tears are one thing, severed ACL's are something all together different...

Sure would love to see Clem suited up in week 1 though. :pray:

hawker84

Reaction score
Please lord, let this happen... if not just to rotate him in on passing situations.... I won't ask for a christmas bonus or anything special on my birthday if this happens.. Thank you.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2ol2eie2 said:
bestfightstory":2ol2eie2 said:
Hawks46":2ol2eie2 said:
Imagine running as fast as you can, then lean at a 45 degree angle and run into a 325 lb man that is pushing you back. Now, do it all with 65% or more of your body weight on one leg.

Maybe he means you're just supposed to imagine running as fast as you can, and then while you're imagining, actually lean at that angle and run into a guy. I would think the imagining would make all the rest of it a bit harder to do, since you're not focused on the task at hand.

As for that last bit, it's super easy to imagine with 65% of your body weight on one leg. Piece of cake.

Maybe it's just me, then? I tried. No way in Hell I can get to 65% and keep that imagining up. Lucky if I can get to 55%. John Lennon I'm not.

Hawks46

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3qvlampz said:
bestfightstory":3qvlampz said:
Hawks46":3qvlampz said:

Hell, I don't even know what I meant. I just wanted you guys to imagine it !

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
chihawk":2do35nwd said:
There is no way he would know at this point if he is going to be ready or not for week 1. He can plan on being back and say that he will be back and will likely do that until he is ruled out of a game....which is likely not to happen until right before the season starts. At that point it will likely be week to week unless he is not at all close to being ready and placed on PUP list instead. Up until that point it's most likely just speculation and wild guesses.

Pee....meet punch bowl.

;)

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Prom monitors: "This punch has sort of a tangy flavor to it. (SLURP) Interesting! Not bad. (SLURP)"

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Sturm":13at1ef0 said:
If RG III can be ready for week 1, so can he.

Well thanks, Doc.

RGIII and Adrian Peterson's surgeon went to great lengths to explain that, although surgical techniques and recovery methods have improved, there are certain people that are just faster healers. He places those people in the 'super-human' category; Adrian Peterson is one, and RGIII is another that he mentioned. The same surgeon operated on Clemons, but did not mention his name as being in that category.

You can't just say that since we're all made of flesh and blood that we all heal at the same rate. That said, I HOPE Clemens heals fast.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'd be glad to see Clemons back on the field against Carolina, but I'd also rather sacrifice him for a few games if it means he won't come back too soon and end up getting knocked out for the season.

OP
OP
F

formido

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2ag8fxj5 said:
I'd be glad to see Clemons back on the field against Carolina, but I'd also rather sacrifice him for a few games if it means he won't come back too soon and end up getting knocked out for the season.

It disappoints me that in this day and age we still consider this a legitimate concern. If professional sports teams don't know when their players are unambiguously ready to return to the field, there's something seriously wrong. These are hundreds of millions of dollar enterprises. Scientifically valid objective tests are available to determine that an athlete has regained their former fitness.

http://spartascience.blogspot.com/2013/ ... -your.html