Clayton says Bevell and Cable will be back

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":37ml4srp said:
TwistedHusky":37ml4srp said:
(that said, what happened? Remember when we went to a quick passing offense a few years ago? How it was almost unstoppable? Russ was throwing darts, Baldwin was scoring all over the place. Bevell was the coordinator then too, so I am not sure why we decided we were not doing that anymore? We went away from it the next year and sucked again. What gives?)

That's the best question that everyone's not asking.

Because if you're speaking philosophically as to what the game of football is, and what works to win consistently?.............................it's the same as it's always been. Play elite defense and run the ball. Because those are the two things that not only travel, but can be productive when the weather's nasty when it matters most.

It's not a coincidence that all off the playoff teams except one have top 10 run games. Same with Alabama and Georgia, they're the top two run offenses in the country.

Doesn't mean you can't win with a bad run game and passing offense, but can you sustain that and consistently win SB's? That's very hard to do, and Pete knows it.

Seymour

Reaction score
London12":3vggw5w4 said:
Seymour":3vggw5w4 said:
London12":3vggw5w4 said:
Seymour":3vggw5w4 said:
Ummmm....I'm telling hawk2017 you said that and he is going to quote you on that for the next 6 months now. :roll:

This means nothing to me?

It is a joke about a poster here who I had to block and cannot let go of someones opinion. Nothing to you.

Some just can't handle the fact that you can love your team and disagree or dislike your coaches decisions.

Ahh. If it helps my opinions have probably been the polar opposite to yours regarding Pete, I'm usually very much Pete in. That being said, failure to address the woeful offensive playcalling and offensive line coaching is just too big of a failing for me. I can't forgive it!

I was still all in with Pete prior to this seasons beginning. I've seen him stick with Cable through 3 ridiculous seasons now, and our QB is taking a pounding and regressing do to battle fatigue. After I saw the oline they gave him AGAIN this year, he lost me. My quote was the same as many here now. "If Pete fails to make coordinator / oline coach changes again....he needs to go."

I hope Russell survives this mess. Beginning to wonder that now too. :(

brimsalabim

Reaction score
johnnyfever":11y5sip7 said:
Seymour":11y5sip7 said:
NJlargent":11y5sip7 said:
Jeremy517":11y5sip7 said:
Completely predictable based on what Pete was saying at the presser after the final game.

Com-PETE only applies to players and not to coaches.

It doesn't even apply to players anymore. No one competed with Walsh and I am dying to meet the sad sack who competed with Ifedi and lost.

That and they passed and Kaep to avoid conflict with Russell. Pete himself said he was a starter in this league.
Now did I want Kaep?? Hell no! But he is better than Davis for damn sure.
Also we released Collins to keep Lacy?? Say what? He ended up #11 in the NFL in rushing for crying out loud! That was not a cost issue there, that was riding the $$ invested in Lacy over a cliff.

To be fair, Collins had plenty of chances here and didn't do squat. No one was bitching when he was sent packing. As has been said many times, our players were at a talent level during the Superbowl runs to hide the ineptitude of Bevell and cable. Collins is now in a system that allows his decent athletic ability to look better than it is.

Just imagine what we would look like with offensive coaches that were actually good at their jobs.
the point is that he didn't have a chance to succeed here thanks to our coaches and staff's stubborn refusal to correct the offensive line and blocking scheme issues.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Seymour":eh9ummb0 said:
I was still all in with Pete prior to this seasons beginning. I've seen him stick with Cable through 3 ridiculous seasons now, and our QB is taking a pounding and regressing do to battle fatigue. After I saw the oline they gave him AGAIN this year, he lost me.

What does this mean, in reality? You're still around, investing time and bytes, so not sure what you had in mind...

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":18dkjfnm said:
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

1. That saying is dumb.
2. Einstein didn't say that.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2yq5zlcv said:
Seahawk_Dan":2yq5zlcv said:
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

1. That saying is dumb.
2. Einstein didn't say that.

Isn't posting the definition of insanity the definition of insanity?

2e1

Seymour

Reaction score
brimsalabim":n2z4xgko said:
johnnyfever":n2z4xgko said:
Seymour":n2z4xgko said:
NJlargent":n2z4xgko said:
It doesn't even apply to players anymore. No one competed with Walsh and I am dying to meet the sad sack who competed with Ifedi and lost.

That and they passed and Kaep to avoid conflict with Russell. Pete himself said he was a starter in this league.
Now did I want Kaep?? Hell no! But he is better than Davis for damn sure.
Also we released Collins to keep Lacy?? Say what? He ended up #11 in the NFL in rushing for crying out loud! That was not a cost issue there, that was riding the $$ invested in Lacy over a cliff.

To be fair, Collins had plenty of chances here and didn't do squat. No one was bitching when he was sent packing. As has been said many times, our players were at a talent level during the Superbowl runs to hide the ineptitude of Bevell and cable. Collins is now in a system that allows his decent athletic ability to look better than it is.

Just imagine what we would look like with offensive coaches that were actually good at their jobs.
the point is that he didn't have a chance to succeed here thanks to our coaches and staff's stubborn refusal to correct the offensive line and blocking scheme issues.

Bingo.

Do people really not remember even Lynch not being able to run behind this younger Cable oline?

Rawls made Lynch look silly because he had no fear. Once he got hurt and gained some fear, he too was done. Any RB success here will be short lived either do do injury or do to being pounded into submission by a plain shitty oline and coach.

randomation

Reaction score
Pete refusing to make changes means he has to go and I hate saying that but it's true. Cable at the very least needed to go and put Bevell on an insanely short leash if you insist on keeping him Cable not going means Paul Allen has to force changes.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Ughhh......I hope this isn't true, but these clowns still have a job so it's starting to look that way. If so, then this team will finish last in the NFC West next year. I will predict a 7-9 maybe 6-10 record. AND, we better be looking for a NEW QB in the draft because Russ will most assuredly be CARRED after next year. Nobody can put up with the crap that he has to put up with and not be effected. It has become painfully obvious that Pete Carroll has pulled the wool over the eyes of Paul Allen.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
If Russell makes it through another season of crappy O-line and playcalling without injury he would be smart to test the waters. He has been loyal to the detriment of his own health/future.
PC/Bevells conservative offense and Cable's incompetent line coaching is painful to watch. Wilson presses too much and feels has no confidence in this CRAP line.
With a different team and OC he's more Aaron Rodgers/Drew Brees. With this team and line he's in survival mode.

Fade

Reaction score
Paul Allen is officially downgraded to good owner, not great. A great owner wouldn't stand by and allow his franchise QB to get pummeled into the turf season after season, and be cool with it.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Pete likely retires in a few years. If John Schneider leaves will Wilson likely do the Same?
I say yes.
Wilson knows he missed out on a bigger paycheck and marketing. He had the opportunity to do what Cousins did and would have driven up the QB pay scale even more had he reached free agency.
He will get his opportunity again soon in 2019.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":2n1nad2x said:
Wilson knows he missed out on a bigger paycheck and marketing..

When Wilson signed his deal, he was not going to be the leagues highest paid.

End of story.

Seagal2013

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3k150dn2 said:
I'm hoping more people give up their seats. A lot of great fans out there who have been waiting to get in on season tickets.
Not sure how many fans..even the great ones, are willing to part with that much money to watch a team that was once so great play substandard and frankly EMBARRASSING football!

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Seagal2013":nkojprcc said:
SoulfishHawk":nkojprcc said:
I'm hoping more people give up their seats. A lot of great fans out there who have been waiting to get in on season tickets.
Not sure how many fans..even the great ones, are willing to part with that much money to watch a team that was once so great play substandard and frankly EMBARRASSING football!

Maybe we can take tips from a cowboys fan

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Seagal2013":3996i0zb said:
SoulfishHawk":3996i0zb said:

I've watched Seahawk football since its inception, including the early 90's

I know embarrassing football.

If only us old timers would have known back then that being a play or two from the playoffs was the new barometer for embarrassing in the future :lol:

Jville

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":5oke3o2r said:
Pete likely retires in a few years. If John Schneider ..........

I suspect Pete Carroll has a full decade ahead of him ...... maybe two.

We're not privy to much of what goes on at the VMAC. However, the evolving body and mind nutrition programs on going at the VMAC are leading edge. They are " All about helping people be the best they can be". Pete Carroll benefits along with everyone else. Always Compete.