Clayton’s observations from OTAs

Seymour

Reaction score
That comment was actually edited before you posted that. But yes, it is what it is and does support his original position on Penny....in fact both of them do (OP and Clayton). That is useful information IMO if you give it some thought. :idea:

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Carroll said he hopes Penny will come back stronger for camp. I don’t consider that a shot at Penny, at all. Penny is a rookie who still has some work to do to get stronger in his lower body and become a more physical blocker. He’s got the frame of Adrian Petersen, without any of the bulk because he’s an undeveloped rookie.

Discussing areas where Carson may be ahead of Penny is NOT an attack on Penny. We all hope Penny will become great. And both could be great, and Carson still might be better this year. This is the most exciting battle of training camp.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1el3lubx said:
Let's hope we have TOO many really good backs this year.

I have been praying for that for 3+ years! That would mean the oline is doing their job if that happens. :2thumbs:

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seymour":1mqd2wsf said:
That comment was actually edited before you posted that. But yes, it is what it is and does support his original position on Penny....in fact both of them do (OP and Clayton). That is useful information IMO if you give it some thought. :idea:

Holding people’s post-draft thoughts against them is petty. Get over it. Reasonable minds can disagree with the information we had at the time. But at the end of the day, Seahawks fans want Seahawks players to be great.

Go Hawks!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Basically, Carson is the redshirt freshmen, 3 star recruit, and Penny is the true freshmen, 5 star recruit.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2a1wwpms said:
Basically, Carson is the redshirt freshmen, 3 star recruit, and Penny is the true freshmen, 5 star recruit.

Carson played too much to redshirt, LOL. And he was a 7th Rounder, so he was more like the 1 or 2 star guy who surprised everyone.

Edit -was reminded by the always informative Sun Tzu, who I wish would post more, via PM that Carson was a 7th Rounder, not undrafted. Thank you!

mikeak

Reaction score
Jerhawk":yld4ojhr said:

Yes!

hawknation2018":yld4ojhr said:
Seymour":yld4ojhr said:

Holding people’s post-draft thoughts against them is petty. Get over it. Reasonable minds can disagree with the information we had at the time. But at the end of the day, Seahawks fans want Seahawks players to be great.

Go Hawks!

Yes!

Plus 1 on both posts

chris98251

Reaction score
I wanna see pads on, does Reed punch out Ifedi again or does Ifedi hold his own, there needs to be some nastiness going this Summer Camp.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
chris98251":160f72vb said:
I wanna see pads on, does Reed punch out Ifedi again or does Ifedi hold his own, there needs to be some nastiness going this Summer Camp.

I think you meant Clark. Reed hasn’t punched anyone.

Ifedi’s problem has never been physicality. It’s all about technique, composure, and foot speed.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":1hksy7fs said:

Some of that nastiness left... Bennett. Also that was Clark that sucker punched him but I agree up to a point. That nastiness needs to go away as far as Ifedi is concerned. Another league leading penalty season is not something I care to watch again.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":zjy59a0j said:
chris98251":zjy59a0j said:

Some of that nastiness left... Bennett. Also that was Clark that sucker punched him but I agree up to a point. That nastiness needs to go away as far as Ifedi is concerned. Another league leading penalty season is not something I care to watch again.

Your confusing nastiness with stupidity, yes and thanks for the correction it was Clark, I want a guy that will pancake and then fart in a defenders face on the ground nastiness, I want the next defender that takes a cheap shot on Wilson or any of our players to have a whole lot of big bad and ugly all over them.

Nice guys finish last, I will take a setting the tone penalty a few times a season, we need a bit of that Bruno mentality on the O line.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
chris98251":egcilfhu said:
Seymour":egcilfhu said:
chris98251":egcilfhu said:

Your confusing nastiness with stupidity, yes and thanks for the correction it was Clark, I want a guy that will pancake and then fart in a defenders face on the ground nastiness, I want the next defender that takes a cheap shot on Wilson or any of our players to have a whole lot of big bad and ugly all over them.

Nice guys finish last, I will take a setting the tone penalty a few times a season, we need a bit of that Bruno mentality on the O line.

For all the criticism of Ifedi, that’s one thing he has consistently shown: the willingness to fight and get nasty. Now it’s on him to control and harness that aggression, which would be a whole lot easier if he were playing guard. But I’ve already beaten that horse a bit too much.