CK with a new record.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1o6v4g8z said:
Attempts Avg TD's Int's Rating
Colin Kaepernick 9/19 67 3.5 0 4 16.7

Wow, I asked upthread how Kaep looked other then the pick 6's before I went and looked at the stats. I think I got my answer.

Marvin do these last two games make you rethink the Vikings game? Specifically how important being able to game plan against an opponent is? Or do you still think it was more difficult for the 9ers to travel to Pittsburgh on a short week when Pittsburgh had several more days rest?

LOL.

I still think the Niners had it worse, but I never cited the scheduling nightmare as the reason they lost in Pitt. It WAS the reason I PREDICTED a loss there, but I don't think it was responsible for the total lack of pass rush, pas coverage or pass protection. Lets just let that one go because nothing is going to change my mind there.

Bottom line, these last two games were total train wrecks. It will probably be even worse vs GB on Sunday. After having lost to the Niners 4 times in a row and twice in the playoffs, my guess is that Packer fans are going to be feeling some serious vengeance on Sunday.

If anything, what I'm seeing here is the importance of a DECENT offensive line. Not even a good one...just a serviceable one. I'm not putting all of Kaps performance on the line, but they are the worst unit on the team and likely the worst O-Line in the NFL. PFF had them graded as such BEFORE this game. Pears and Devey are worthless and Martin hasn't been much better. They need a major shakeup. I think they need to let Thomas play and move Boone to RT...but neither is likely to happen.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
rlkats":irf3jpoq said:
Ya horrible. Wishing they bench him. And this cluster f. Of a coaching staff.
This cluster of a coaching staff was hand picked by Baalke and York after running the second best coach in team history out of town my friend. Does not bode well for your favorite franchise.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":43w7tke5 said:
rlkats":43w7tke5 said:
Ya horrible. Wishing they bench him. And this cluster f. Of a coaching staff.
This cluster of a coaching staff was hand picked by Baalke and York after running the second best coach in team history out of town my friend. Does not bode well for your favorite franchise.

I dunno if its the coaching or the roster...or both.

chris98251

Reaction score
Baalke in charge, he hand picked the coach and drafted, probably was the biggest influence in the assistants as well. It's on him and York.

The guys filling the positions are doing the best they can with the tools and support they have around them. Whether that fits the scheme versus players we shall see soon enough.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":e2ct34ni said:
Baalke in charge, he hand picked the coach and drafted, probably was the biggest influence in the assistants as well. It's on him and York.

The guys filling the positions are doing the best they can with the tools and support they have around them. Whether that fits the scheme versus players we shall see soon enough.

You guys may find this ridiculous, but I still think there is a lot of talent on this team. The problem is that I think there are deficiencies at vital positions (O-Line in particular...and yes I know I just setup a QB joke) that will trump the talent at other positions.

I thought before and I continue to think that the Niners were in a better position than most believed...until Anthony Davis retired and Aldon Smith got in trouble again. IMO, Deathblows. I don't know that they'd all of the sudden be 3-0, but Kap would not be facing the same pressure and Palmer and Big Ben wouldn't have been able to setup camp in the pocket if the Niners didn't blitz.

One of the things I said in the preseason that's come to pass? The D-Line is very deep and very good at stuffing the run. What they are NOT are great pass rushers.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":2p0mb5e0 said:
One of the things I said in the preseason that's come to pass? The D-Line is very deep and very good at stuffing the run. What they are NOT are great pass rushers.

Weeks 1 and 2, 5th fewest rushing attempts, 21st in Y/A. Very good you say?

Admittedly didn't see the game today but based on weeks 1 and 2, I think you might be getting ahead of yourself.

[edit] My apologies, 12th in Y/A. I had the sorting mixed up ;) Still. 5th fewest attempts though so neener neener.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I don't find it ridiculous that they will come back. I would not be there but was not necessarily a fan before anyway

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
And in other news...
Jim Harbaugh coached Michigan is 3-1 and they beat #22 BYU 31-0.
:stirthepot:
My two favorite football teams both skunked their opponents.
:thirishdrinkers:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":zgf1qzc1 said:
Marvin49":zgf1qzc1 said:

Weeks 1 and 2, 5th fewest rushing attempts, 21st in Y/A. Very good you say?

Admittedly didn't see the game today but based on weeks 1 and 2, I think you might be getting ahead of yourself.

[edit] My apologies, 12th in Y/A. I had the sorting mixed up ;) Still. 5th fewest attempts though so neener neener.

LOL. No worries. I stick to my statement. They are a good run stuffing line, but little pass rush to speak of and it shows.

ringless

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2bwk40wx said:
Hey Ringless,
what was the general reaction of your fan base to the Darnell Dockett release? Just wondering

I can't speak for everyone. However I feel that the majority myself included was upset. He was someone that I have said/felt bled Cardinal Red. He was passionate, he was an enforcer and despite being on rehab he made all the trips to the games last season and participated with the team the entire time. Trying to bring extra motivation .

When he went to the 49ers than there was a lot of bitterness even though he wasn't in the wrong. It wouldn't havent been so bad but he went to a rival, and probably our most hated team/rival

But hindsight is 20/20. Kiem said it's always better to release a player a year to early than a year too late. He was correct which is why Im a fan and he's a GM

ringless

Reaction score
Marvin49":2c1uiuyf said:
chris98251":2c1uiuyf said:

You guys may find this ridiculous, but I still think there is a lot of talent on this team. The problem is that I think there are deficiencies at vital positions (O-Line in particular...and yes I know I just setup a QB joke) that will trump the talent at other positions.

I thought before and I continue to think that the Niners were in a better position than most believed...until Anthony Davis retired and Aldon Smith got in trouble again. IMO, Deathblows. I don't know that they'd all of the sudden be 3-0, but Kap would not be facing the same pressure and Palmer and Big Ben wouldn't have been able to setup camp in the pocket if the Niners didn't blitz.

I do believe there is still quite a bit of talent on the team. I think one of the problems is is no matter how much talent is on your team you need one of the trenches to dominate. Look at all the years for example where the Cardinals built on the outside in. David Boston. Anquan Boldin, etc but never had a line. We use to not even draft to try to address it.

So why there are talented players (and yes I think Kap one which makes me want to vomit because I actually hate the guy) there are some fatal flaws. OL, and there is just nobody getting to the QB. Carson had all day to throw. I do believe you have a lot of talent.

IN saying that I also think it's the coaches job to develop talent. I think the 49ers staff is not truly the right staff. I think a lot of people refused to believe that. Some people hated Harbs, while a lot loved them. But I think to be a great HC you need a little more intelligence and I'm not sure that Tomsula is on the level of Pete, Bill Bellichek, etc. I've never met the guy.

Jed York made a fool of himself. He's gotten too involved in things he shouldn't have and now he set the franchise back in a bad way.

I think coaching is the biggest issue. You guys have some talent. Also on a side note. I really like Hayne. I wish he played for someone else because I'd be rooting for the guy.

rlkats

Reaction score
RichNhansom":23cz9ula said:
rl other than the two pick 6's how did he look? Serious here. I thought so far this year he has looked much improved and the only highlights are the pick 6's.

Also how did Hyde do today?

In general I know it was a tough loss but was there any silver linings?

Just to be clear I am not trolling you. I respect you as a poster and have stated as much many times. I am curious though if the pass rush struggled or not as well as did Hyde still put up a decent game?

I ask you because I believe you will give an honest answer without trying to spin or defend the results.

Thanks for any input.

No silver lining today. Team laid a complete turd. Kap was shit all day. So was the team and coaching very difficult to watch.

Hyde did well for a stacked box. When he was given the opportunity to run.

Today was like watching a high school team scrimmage for the first time against a nfl team. Even Bowman was missing tackles. Team is off waaaay off.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3po1en85 said:
And in other news...
Jim Harbaugh coached Michigan is 3-1 and they beat #22 BYU 31-0.
:stirthepot:
My two favorite football teams both skunked their opponents.
:thirishdrinkers:

Harbaugh must be loving every freaking second of this.

And he should. York deserves all of this. And it's going to get even better from here. :D

You think Rodgers wanted to beat Seattle bad? He's going to be like a rabid dog wanting a win over a 49er team that passed on him in the draft and proceeded to own them for a few seasons recently.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Niner fans last week: Kaepernick is a new man. New mechanics, new footwork, improved quarterbacking.

This week:
OaFIgJL

(yes I posted it in the other niner thread. sue me...)

hawknation2015

Reaction score
TenseEmotionalBelugawhale.gif

AdoredFondAnole

FreshMetallicIchthyostega.gif

ElatedNarrowCollardlizard

hawk45

Reaction score
The first 2 picks Kaepernick was under seige (that first one they didn't even slow the defenders down), and Kaepernick tried to make a play instead of eating it. Awful decisions, and yes I laugh at his misfortune, but that OL was as big of a train wreck as he was.

The last 2 picks he had some time but my word, that's what he looks like when he tries a touch pass? Er...perhaps he should stick to just firing darts at receivers sitting down in zone coverage.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawk45":1fm8otso said:
The first 2 picks Kaepernick was under seige (that first one they didn't even slow the defenders down), and Kaepernick tried to make a play instead of eating it. Awful decisions, and yes I laugh at his misfortune, but that OL was as big of a train wreck as he was.

The last 2 picks he had some time but my word, that's what he looks like when he tries a touch pass? Er...perhaps he should stick to just firing darts at receivers sitting down in zone coverage.

Honestly, at times I think the time he spent with Warner this offseason has hurt him. He tried too hard to stay in that passing posture and stand in against the rush and get through his progressions...but then he makes a poor pass and makes a bad situation worse.

On both of the pick 6s he stands in there and makes the throw. On the second on its like he begins to run but then remembers to stay in and throws late. On the third he's trying to put touch on the ball but misses BADLY.

In the first two games of the season he looked much more commanding in the pocket, stayed in that passing posture longer, got through his reads and was checking down to backs much more than he ever had.

Against Arizona, he just looked shell-shocked after the two pick 6s. He was flat footed, no bounce, going through all of his reads, but not trusting anything he saw. It was like he was moving in slow motion. Never seen him that shaken.

Does that continue to next week? Does he bounce back? We'll just have to see.

hawk45

Reaction score
Marvin49":efpftq4u said:
hawk45":efpftq4u said:

Honestly, at times I think the time he spent with Warner this offseason has hurt him. He tried too hard to stay in that passing posture and stand in against the rush and get through his progressions...but then he makes a poor pass and makes a bad situation worse.

On both of the pick 6s he stands in there and makes the throw. On the second on its like he begins to run but then remembers to stay in and throws late. On the third he's trying to put touch on the ball but misses BADLY.

In the first two games of the season he looked much more commanding in the pocket, stayed in that passing posture longer, got through his reads and was checking down to backs much more than he ever had.

Against Arizona, he just looked shell-shocked after the two pick 6s. He was flat footed, no bounce, going through all of his reads, but not trusting anything he saw. It was like he was moving in slow motion. Never seen him that shaken.

Does that continue to next week? Does he bounce back? We'll just have to see.

That was my thought also, that staying in and trying to make a play, and that attempting touch passes, were part of what he and Warner worked on.

I give him credit for trying to stick with it under fire, actually. When your OL sucks at protecting, and you're working on a new skill, it has the potential to go much, much worse before it gets better. And the NFL may just never give you the time in-season to reach competence.

Wilson will likely also face the same adversity vs. the Cards with respect to pass protection being flimsy. I hope he watches the tape of this game and decides to either eat it or run away if he sees a jailbreak.

Jville

Reaction score
490332218-quarterback-colin-kaepernick-of-the-san-gettyimages.jpg

WARNING ............... the following link and opinion may not be to everyone's liking.

Colin Kaepernick’s massive implosion: The clearest sign yet that the 49ers have no idea what they’re doing, not at all >>> [urltargetblank]http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2015/09/27/colin-kaepernicks-massive-implosion-the-clearest-sign-yet-that-the-49ers-have-no-idea-what-theyre-doing-not-at-all/[/urltargetblank]

Latest posts