Cincinatti Reds @ Seattle Mariners Apr 15-17...

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
I consider it a form of cruel teasing.
It's baseball. It's a game that by its very nature involves periods of highs and lows, times where the ball looks like a beach ball coming in and times when it looks like a friggen marble. The trick is to survive the lows as best you can and ride the wave when it's got you riding high. Very seldom do teams go wire to wire leading their divisions.

The old saying goes, every team is gonna lose 30% of their games and every team is gonna win 30% of their games. It's what they do with that 40% of the games in the middle that determine who gets to the top.

If you can't take the "cruel teasing" of baseball, how can you survive life itself. It's pretty much the same thing. 🤷‍♂️

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep. If you win 60 percent of your games, you're a DAMN GOOD team. Just sayin.

insert 54 percent jokes here...............

fenderbender123

Reaction score
It's like if a girl you really like and want to be with keeps leading you on. Sure, you can ignore her, but the human brain's desire to find a partner and mate is very strong. If you ignore her, you'll become depressed because you ain't got no woman.

It's the same thing with sports. My brain's desire to see my teams win is great. Because I'm just a huge fan of sports. Such a huge fan that I simply can't say no to watching, and would slip into a bout of severe depression for decades. Being cruelly teased is slightly better than that. Either way, it's a terrible state for me to be in, but I'm used to it.

beastalamode

Reaction score
So they're just mediocre like we all thought, not a bottom 10 team. Hurray I guess? :ROFLMAO:

Threedee

Reaction score
Need a new stadium?!? That stadium is still one of the best in baseball (they say, I've not been to other ones but I still like this one). Comparisons to The Concrete Wart are automatically N/A since that place was an abomination from day 1. It needed replaced before it was finished being built. It was a testament to the entire malaise of the 70s.

Granted, they could move the fences in a little so that humans could hit there, but still.
I was a kid in the 90s, so, I thought the Kingdome was perfection. Used to have so much more fun, and, I wasn't even allowed to drink beer!

Crizilla

Reaction score
Need a new stadium?!? That stadium is still one of the best in baseball (they say, I've not been to other ones but I still like this one). Comparisons to The Concrete Wart are automatically N/A since that place was an abomination from day 1. It needed replaced before it was finished being built. It was a testament to the entire malaise of the 70s.

Granted, they could move the fences in a little so that humans could hit there, but still.
It needs to be closed off completely. The ball doesn't travel outside in Seattle April to June

Crizilla

Reaction score
I dont know. I do think there is something to the "hitters dont wanna hit here" stadium theory. Also, away teams dont play in it 81 times a year.

Last edited: